need two seats. so confused.

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
my daughter is 2- 23 lbs and is in the cosco scenera which i absolutly hate and i have from day one. It was a gift from my MIL and she had a fit that i didnt want to put my daughter in it, just didnt looked very flimsy and uncomfortable.

My son is 3 months and is 12 lbs- Hes in a bucket seat that i dont hate but i dont like it either. Its bulky, heavy and hard to get unhooked from the base.

I drive a 97 pathfinder, it has room but not a lot..im 5 7 and my boyfriend is 6 3 so the seats have to be pushed back a little bit for us to be able to drive comfortably

I was looking at the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite or Guide 65

any other suggestions would be nice. I refuse to pay more than 130-140 a seat (and yes i know that limits my choices) i just think its ridiculous to pay 200+ for a carseat.
September 8th, 2012, 09:16 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is your 2 year old forward facing or rear facing? This will greatly change my suggestion for a seat. I'd prefer to see her still rear facing, she's very small. But that is your choice.

Personally, I would skip the Alpha Omega all together. There are many other great seats on the market that offer better features that the AO. The Alpha Omega absolutely can not be used as a booster... it just isn't safe. It doesn't position the seat belt correctly in booster mode and could cause life threatening internal injuries if you were in an accident. So I think it is silly to pay for a seat when you can't use all of its features.

If your two year old is rear facing, my suggestions will be the same for both of your children. If she is forward facing, my suggestions will be different.

Convertible car seat options in your price range (these are either in your price range at regular price, or can commonly be found on sale to fit your price range:
-Graco My Ride 65
-Evenflo Triumph Advance or 65
-First Years/Lamaze True Fit
-Britax Roundabout 55

Forward facing combination car seats in your price range (if your DD is forward facing):
-Graco Nautilus
-Evenflo Maestro
-Evenflo SecureKid

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search