3 across car seat suggestions

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ::er!ca::
  • 1 Post By amylynne01

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 09:18 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there!
I've never posted here, but I'm part of the December DDC and have a question about carseats.
I have two, soon to be 3 children in my Honda Pilot and want to know if there is any way to have them 3 across with different carseats than I have right now.
I currently have: a Britax Frontier for my 4 year old 3'8" 50 lb son, a Graco MyRide rear facing for my 26 lb 35" 2 1/2 year old daughter and a Graco Safeseat for when the baby comes. If I kept them in the seats I have now, there is no room for the infant seat so I would need to put my son in the 3rd row. This would work, but I think it might be nicer to have them all in the same row.
Does anyone know of any seats that are slimmer that would still work? Thanks for your help!

September 21st, 2012, 09:23 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You could replace the Graco My Ride 65 with a Diono Radian and see if that helps. Or you could try replacing the Safeseat with a Baby Trend Flex Lock (and when it is outgrown, you'd likely have to get a Radian if you want to keep all three in the same row at that time too). The Frontier is pretty wide and bulky, but it is the most expensive seat you have (and will last a long time), so I'm not going to suggest you replace it.
gardenbelle likes this.
September 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
When we were looking at cars, we easily fit 2 Radians and a Snugride 30 across the Pilot. The Frontier is huge, but like Erica said, it's a great seat. Even with a huge seat, you can make it work.

The Safeseat base flares out at the back. The Snugride 30 base is more square, taking up less room. So maybe try that too. Or buy a Cocorro for the new baby and forgo the infant seat altogether.
gardenbelle likes this.
September 23rd, 2012, 12:57 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much for the suggestions, ladies! You are giving me some ideas to work with.

October 27th, 2012, 04:20 PM
NoahandLola's Mommy
We have a pilot and I can fit two marathons and a snug ride, or three marathons.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search