Chicco Keyfit30 or Graco snugride

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Veteran
With my DD I used a car seat and stroller system I bought without research. DD last in the infant carrier to 17 months I think before she wasn't comfortable in it anymore. I don't really want to spend more money than needed on an infant carrier if I will be moving the baby to a convertible at the same age again. The Chicco Keyfit seems like it might be more comfortable but is a lot more money. I can get it for $150 right now on amazon because I have a coupon code but that still makes it 30-50 more than the graco. Any opinions on the Chicco being worth it or not?

I would normally just get a convertible but I live in an area where temperatures can get as low as -40 in the winter and figured an infant carrier would be better for that.

Any thoughts from you wonderful ladies?

Jenn

September 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I have the Chicco key fit 30 for my son, and I have loved it, but my son is 12 months and about 31.5 inches 22 lbs and I am currently shopping for a convertible. His head is about 1 inch from the top, so If you don't have big babies it might be worth it, but my nephew is a a bit on the small side and he had to move out of his key fit at 18 months. Hope that helps
September 26th, 2012, 05:27 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My daughter has always been on the upper end of the growth chart for height and weight, and she would have made it in the Chicco Keyfit 30 until about 15 months. She lasted that long in the Graco Safeseat, and they're very similar in size. Her torso is average length. And no, I wasn't lugging her around at 15 months. That stopped at about 6 months. I left the seat on the base in the car with the handle back, and just used it like a rear facing convertible car seat.

I'd pick a Keyfit 30 over a Sungride 22 any day. If it was between the Keyfit 30 and the Snugride 30 or 35... it wouldn't make a difference. I liked my Graco infant seat, but I wouldn't go for a 22 pound model infant seat at all.
February 8th, 2013, 02:47 PM
No question, get the chicco.

I bought 2 for my twin sons, and we are very happy with them.

Check out this review: Chicco KeyFit 30 Review

They are reliable, easy to use, high quality and all around just great.

So, if I were you, I would get the chicco
February 9th, 2013, 03:48 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
The Keyfit has a strict 30" height limit, as does the Snugride 30. The Snugride 35 has a strict 32" limit. All of them are great options. If you need to fit 3 seats across, the Keyfit or Snugride 30 are better because their bases are more square, while the Snugride 35 base flares out making it a harder fit.

You could also consider a Safety 1st OnBoard 35. It also goes to 35lbs and is the tallest of the ones mentioned but only $81 at Amazon right now.
February 11th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylynne01 View Post
The Keyfit has a strict 30" height limit, as does the Snugride 30. The Snugride 35 has a strict 32" limit. All of them are great options. If you need to fit 3 seats across, the Keyfit or Snugride 30 are better because their bases are more square, while the Snugride 35 base flares out making it a harder fit.

You could also consider a Safety 1st OnBoard 35. It also goes to 35lbs and is the tallest of the ones mentioned but only $81 at Amazon right now.
i was also going to mention this. you can't use the Keyfit or the Snugride if your child is taller than 30", regardless of weight.

That being said, I have the Keyfit and love it!

*thank you*Kiliki*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search