Hi again! Any experience or opinions on these seats:

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ::er!ca::
  • 1 Post By amonstersmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2012, 10:55 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Safety 1st CA 65lx, Maxi-Cosi Pria 70 or the True Fit Premier.

We've decided to go ahead and replace our MyRide for various reasons.

We've narrowed it down to the above mentioned seats. I've read a bunch of reviews and watched several YT vids on them all but I keep going around and around on which I like best and cannot decide! I went to BRUS and was able to look at the Safety 1st but couldn't find the True Fit or Pria there.

Do any of you have experience with any of these seats? Rants, raves or opinions on them? Which of the three would you pick?

DS will be RF in an 04 Explorer and he's 28lbs 35" tall 12-12.5" torso.

TIA

Sent using Forum Runner

September 27th, 2012, 04:57 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Not a CA. Safety 1st is adamant about its 40" RFing rule and the 45 degree angle for all RFers.

What don't you like about the MR? That might help narrow down your options. In reality, the Pria and the TFP are great seats. Can't go wrong with either.
September 27th, 2012, 05:12 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The Pria is a Dorel seat (like the Safety 1st seat is), do they have the 40 inch rule as well for rear facing? It is basically the Complete Air with an infant insert, right? The Pria can be installed more upright than the Complete Air allows, but again, the 40 inch height limit for rear facing is a draw back for those of us wanting to keep our kids rear facing to 3-4+ years old.

Here are some pictures of the Pria & the True Fit side by side. Car Seats - a set on Flickr

Looking at the pics, I think the harness adjuster on the Pria would be easier to access while rear facing than the one on the True Fit.

Are you open to other suggestions?
September 27th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I'm definitely open and would love to hear other suggestions! The feedback & the pictures are great, thank you *I* really like the Pria because the head cushions, but I'm thinking that DS will be really annoyed with them so I'm just not completely sold on it.

We were going to stick it out with the MyRide but then the entire plastic covering on one of the crotch buckles came off. Graco says they are going to send us a whole new seat so we're going to take that opportunity to sell the brand new MR and get one we love. Most of the things we don't like about the MR are no big deal like DS can't get into it on his own because the sides are so high and it doesn't have a lot of cushion to it. These are things we can live with because DS isn't complaining about it. But I HATE that DS can undo the chest clip and he does not understand he can't do that. Pulling over every time he does it results in us never moving. He's a stubborn one! It makes me so nervous so I refuse to get another Graco seat because of this.

ETA: We hope to keep him RF to at least 3

Last edited by amonstersmomma; September 27th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
September 28th, 2012, 10:08 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you checked out the Diono Radian?
audiesmommy likes this.
September 28th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I have looked online, but I can't find it in stores. I've read a lot of reviews saying it's difficult to install rear facing. It also worries me that the sides aren't really high at all so what happens in a side impact without having the high sides like most other seats? Our back middle seat doesn't have latch so we have yo use the shoulder belt to install.

Sent using Forum Runner

January 3rd, 2013, 09:44 PM
You probably already have a new seat but I just wanted to add if the seat is in the center you do not need to worry about side impacts. The high sides of the other seats are just plastic and the Radian's are steel.
January 5th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
Safety First car seats should never be on anyones lists. They are awful. I would not have much hope for Maxi-Cosi either. Go with the third option.

January 5th, 2013, 06:57 PM
This was posted a whileeee ago. We went with Maxi Cosi Pria and it's an awesome seat we all love it
amylynne01 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search