I am thinking of turning him around...

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2012, 07:28 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
...would most people be okay with turning a 3y1m old around?

I feel like I am not ready for such a big step. And then I remind myself that he is a lot bigger than a one-year-old and he will be fine forward facing.

He is really outgrowing his seat. We have the graco MyRide and he is really filling it out. I *think* he has maybe another 1/2" for torso height before he is within an inch of the top. But the problem is his legs and getting buckled. There is no where for them to go...he can't really rotate his hips much because of the side cup holders and I am finding it harder and harder to get him buckled in. He has started complaining about being "squished" when he is riding. And more than once recently he has gotten out with a leg/foot that has fallen asleep from his position.

I guess I feel that with all of this, it is time to turn him around. We would probably need to soon anyway, to fit three car seats workably in the car (in may). So why am I having such guilt about it? He can't ride that way forever (we don't need any new seats, we have an infant seat for baby, two MyRides for the boys, a nauti to grow into, and then a low back for the girl I nanny for). Did you feel this way when you were considering turning your child? Is it probably fine to turn a large-for-age 3-year-old? (He really is a bit larger than a typical new-three).
November 14th, 2012, 03:32 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

LOL. If he is nearly outgrown the MyRide, then it wouldn't bother me one bit. RFing to 3 is an awesome feat, and you should be proud that you RFed him as long as you physically could. DD1 RFed to just after her 3rd birthday (she's very average size), and DD2 RFed to 3y3m (she's on the smaller size). So clearly it doesn't bother me in the least.

What vehicle do you have? Getting an infant seat, a RFing MyRide, and a Nauti or FFing MyRide in a vehicle might be tricky, although I think a RFing MyRide puzzles well with a Nautilus. Congrats on baby #3, and welcome to zone defense lol.
November 15th, 2012, 11:15 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Lol. I just said that the other day. I dunno if we are ready for zone defense

But we have an Expedition and had no issue with an infant seat in the middle and a MyRide on one side, so I am hoping to put the Nauti in the middle, a Myride on one side, and the infant seat on the other. I need to mess around with it. I had two myrides and a backless booster in the middle row (Graco backlass booster) and it fit fine. But you are right, I need to experiment a little before the belly gets too big to mess around in there.

After talking to a few people, it seems around 3 is the most common age where the kids start to outgrow their seats and get uncomfortable. So I guess it was coming. Thanks for making me feel better about it!
November 15th, 2012, 11:41 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Oh you could fit 3 easy chairs in an Expedition and still have room. We had one, and I miss it sooooo much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search