HELP!! I'm about to give up!!!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lunarmagic

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 11:49 AM
hi, i have a 23 month old nephew (24lbs 30in.) who is living with me and my parents at this time. im a car seat tech so i am constantly informing my sister about proper use, RF VS FF, no bulky coats, etc.

in my parents car (i dont drive) he is RF in an evenflo tribute 5 and i have an evenflo triumph LX to use when we go with my best friend to the library on mondays and fridays. i install/ed both seats so i know they are rock solid, i would get them checked by another tech but havent heard about one in our area.

anyway my issue is my sister and her BF, her BF thinks he know more than me so they wont let me install the seat for them in his truck. i have never gone out there to see how it is installed, but my sister swears that he is RF. he rides in a cosco scenera with her. well they carry him into the house in the seat and the straps are ALWAYS super loose and a belly clip. the other day they had him in his bulky winter coat and the straps were under his shoulders!!
Well today she went with a friend of hers and i watched through the window as she put my nephew in the car.
here is how she did it:
1. set seat onto vehicle seat FF (reclined for RF)
2. put nephew in seat
3. buckle the harness
4. buckle in the car seat belt over nephew (like if he were in a booster)
5. shut door and get in front seat
6. drive off

i wanted to SCREAM!!! what do i do in this situation?!?! ive tried talking to her and she agrees with everything i say, can recite it back to me. tells my other sister about it, etc. but then DOES THE OPPOSITE!!
December 20th, 2012, 03:04 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Honestly, if you've talked to her, and she does exactly the opposite, she does not respect you as a car seat tech, and nothing will change her mind. Let it go, use teachable moments if you ever have one, and say lots of prayers for him.
December 22nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
That's what i was afraid would be the response actually

I have since readjusted the straps and recline boot to FF so AT LEAST those things are correct. I had the issue with her buckling his harness and then the seatbelt over him with the combo seet she used to have. I tried telling her that she is supposed to install it first and she said "no this is what the manual said to do" so i asked her what the belt path was for and she said "it's for decoration it has no purpose".
December 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. If you've provided information that they are completely ignoring there is nothing more you can do. I'm sorry, it's so frustrating to watch.
KMH likes this.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
December 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
it totally is!!! just curious, but where is everyone lol i expected more responses than 2 lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search