Why isn't the Evenflo Triumph mentioned anymore?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Super Mommy
I have a Triumph. But, my oldest child was in a car accident (he is 18 yrs old) with the car that had the triumph in it. We were told we have to replace the car seat, even though no child was in it.

Fine. But, I noticed on the boards that no one talks about this seat anymore. I really liked the seat and always recommended it. I find it very easy to use. Is there something I should know? I would really like to know why I never hear about it anymore before I go and purchase a new one. Thank you!

January 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
The Evenflo Triumph 65 is a great seat! Juts beware - newer models are being released with a strict 37" RFing height limit. Most seats follow the 1" rule, but new EFT65s will be outgrown when a child hits 37". For tall kids, that could be as young as 2!
January 5th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Super Mommy
My daughter was 20 pounds at 15 months and 28.5 inches long. Do you think it is still a good choice? Her brother is in a Radian so when she gets much bigger, she can potentially have that one as a hand-me-down. He will be in it another few years as he is only 3 now.

January 11th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Even if your DD lasts another year in the Triumph, that would make your DS 4, which is a very safe FFing age. You could potentially buy a combination seat for him and pass down the Radian.

What seat is she riding in now?
January 15th, 2013, 08:07 PM
I don't know why it is no longer mentioned, but I would advise looking into other seats. I am replacing my 3.5year old Triumph because the crotch strap frayed through completely. Because of the enclosed bottom design of the seat we were unaware of the damage until it completely detached (in DH's hand thankfully). The strap had rubbed against a protrusion inside the seat. Put a finger into the end of the hole the crotch strap comes out of closest to the edge of the seat and you will feel that protrusion. The current model has it too. Evenflo now makes the 3-in-1 Symphony which can be used RF, FF, or as a booster. Since my youngest still needs to be RF, that's what we went with. DS won't outgrow it before it expires. The bottom is also open so you can examine the bottom of the crotch strap and it still has the sliding harness like the Triumph. Other companies make 3-in-1's as well. Just my two cents, but I hope it helps.
January 16th, 2013, 08:39 AM
The Symphony is a okay 3-in-1 seat. It is outgrown very early RFing because you can only RF on the two lowest head rest settings. It is outgrown FFing before a safe booster age for most kids (age 5-6). The booster is outgrown quickly after that because it doesn't adjust very high, and kids need to be in boosters until age 10-12. The Triumph (minus its new 37" RFing limit) is a more recommended seat even though the Symphony has the booster function.

3-in-1 seats are all jack of all trades, master of none. No 3-in-1 seat does all three things as well as they should. I do not recommend any of them. (Side note - the Graco Nautilus is not a true 3-in-1 seat as it does not RF.)
January 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
After my Symphony finally arrived, it seemed so much smaller than I remembered, so I re-examined my options and have decided on a Radian because of the higher height limits. After my experience I would not recommend a Triumph to anyone. I am really hoping there will be a recall but I won't hold my breath.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search