Britax Boulevard - Newborn?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 03:26 PM
So after doing days of research we finally decided to go with the britax boulevard. We got two one for each car. I know it is advertised rear facing 5-35 and front 20-65. We planned on bringing our baby girl home in the britax boulevard. However all the research I do, I have not seen any parent have their newborn in a britax boulevard. It's worrying me a little bit because they just look so big and oversized. I was sure it would be fine but I wanted to double check with what you ladies felt comfortable with. If you used a convertible carseat - specifically a britax boulevard where you comfortable placing your newborn in it? I was really excited it was a convertible, thats the main reason I wanted it well aside from the raving reviews and safety features lol! I just want to make sure a newborn won't be too small.

Also I thought there would be a defined newborn inserts that you removed as your child grew to make room. I can't really find any. Does she just go in the carseat or do I have to buy a insert so she will fit better? I guess I might be wording this second question weird, but looking at the carseat there is the headrest and the lower flap that comes in and out. Is that all she will need? I know the headrest adjusts up and down but the space seems to roomy I am concerned she will fall out. This is our first child so maybe I am just being to worrisome. I just can't picture a newborn fitting comfortably in any carseat and the Britax Boulevard is so big on top of all that I fell like she will be swimming.

How do you newborn - toddler convert the seat? I mean except for turning it around. Do you need to remove anything? I fell like I watched a youtube video at one point on some lady showing how to convert the seat but I can't find anything like that now. Thank you!
January 26th, 2013, 09:55 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
The Britax infant insert is separate, and you will need it so that an average size newborn will fit properly in it at birth. If you're expecting a small baby or a preemie, this seat will not work. As the baby grows and his/her shoulders meet the bottom harness slot without the insert, you can take it out. If baby's shoulders are underneath the bottom harness slot, baby is not safe riding in it. I would have a backup plan just in case (borrow a friend's infant seat, send DH to the store quickly for something that is size appropriate).

Many seats are marketed starting at 5lbs, and many of them are unrealistic because of the harness slots. Sure, a Boulevard (with no insert) would fit a 5lb baby...if that baby was wearing 6-9 month onesies out of the womb!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search