What seat is recommended for a 7 month old?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM
My son is 7 months old. He is big, 22 pounds and 30 inches. I think it is time to move on from the infant seat. It seems like I'm stuffing him in it! I did love the fact that he could stay in the seat in the grocery cart, on a walk, etc. It was especially nice when he fell asleep in it and I could just carry the whole thing inside and let him keep sleeping. So what's next for carseats? I have never purchased one before!
February 24th, 2013, 01:20 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
First thing. You should never put an infant seat on the top of a grocery cart. Read this: Shopping Carts – Eeek! What NOT to do with your infant carseat.

Second, you're looking for a convertible, a seat that RFs and FFs. Your child should be RFing to at least 2 but as close to 4 as possible. Do you have a budget in mind for a new seat? What vehicle(s) will it go in? What seat are you currently using?
February 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Right now I have an Evenflo Embrace. The carseat goes in a Toyota Corolla. My budget is around $200. Thanks for any suggestions.
February 25th, 2013, 04:56 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
A Diono Radian (R100, R120, or RXT) fits really nicely in the center with the angle adjuster (separate piece that helps the Radian sit more upright). The R100 is under $200, the R120 is closer to $200, and the RXT is over $200.

The only other seat I would recommend is the Graco Size 4 Me/MySize/Headwise (all the same seat with different names at different stores) simply because your baby is so tall. Other seats will not accommodate him RFing to age 3 or 4. That seat is around $180 depending on where you buy it, but if you have a coupon for Babies R Us, it will be cheaper.

Side note: your vehicle does not have LATCH in the middle, so any seat there must be installed with a seat belt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search