suggestions for infant seats?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I haven't used one for a really long time and when I did, I didn't really do any research and was pretty clueless (just got some cheap used one). I'm thinking this time around I want to use an infant seat for various reasons, but I am pretty clueless as to what's even available!!

In our car I would LOVE to be able to put two seats side by side, but the center seat is quite narrow. Any suggestions for a seat with a narrow base (particularly, narrow at the belt path). The other seat is a Radian XLT.

Other requirements - front strap adjustment, preferably no puzzling buckle. Not terribly concerned with weight limits as my kids don't even get to 20lbs by their 1st birthday and I would probably swap to a convertible at that point. (unless, of course, this kid proves me wrong!). And, it's kinda lame, but I want something that comes in colors/prints. I hate black/gray/tan seats.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 6th, 2013, 04:18 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
I can put a Graco Snugride 30 next to a RFing or FFing Radian. The SR30 base is square unlike the SR35 base which is flared out quite a bit. It does come in patterns! You could also look at the Chicco Keyfit as it's narrower than other infant seats.

What about putting the Radian in the middle and the infant seat outboard? Just another thought.
March 6th, 2013, 06:49 AM
I've been looking at that seat!

The way the center seat is, theres like a cut out for the belt stalk that is a good 2" into the seat, so It's narrow at the hip but not the rest of the seat. Because its a rigid belt stalk I can't get the radian to fit there very well. Once I have a second seat I can play around and see what works. It's not the end of the world if I have to put the radian in the third row, Its just more difficult to buckle her into It there. I'll have to see if someone I know has a keyfit I can play with...

March 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Just a quick update. I went to a local baby store and tried out a few different ones. The Peg Perego seat fits like it was made for my car. Amazingly well. The Keyfit 30 fits okay, but not perfect. It would be harder to fold down the side seat but it would be do-able. Not sure which I'll get. Of course the one that works best is $100 more! Thankfully I have lots of time to decide and find a good deal.

March 12th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a snugride 30. I like that it adjusts well for smaller newbs. I had the SR32 with my son and was not a huge fan, because he did not fit well at birth despite being 7.5 pounds and 21 inches.

June 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
All I know is my inlaws bought me an Evenflo infant seat that attaches to the stroller, but my 6 lb. 25 oz son can't hold his head up with it even with the infant head rest thus unless my husband is home or another family member I don't take my son anywhere because his head can flop down too easily thus someone needs to sit by him to make sure this doesn't happen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search