Looking for suggestions

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH and I recently purchased a new to us 03 Ford Expedition. We have only 1 dd, but have twin neices and a BIL who we see regularly and needed a way to transport us all. BIL has a 6yr old step son. Now to talk car seats. The 2nd row has 2 top tethers and 3 sets of lower tethers. Top tethers and adjustable headrest in outboard positions. 3rd row has 1 top tether located in center position and adjustable headrests located outboard positions. All seat belts are locking and in working order. Still having some difficultly with the LATCH, but that has been a learning curve in every car and with every car seat.

My BIL SS is rarely there on weekends as he is usually with his dad. I was thinking about picking up a cheap LBB for him to have if he is there. This wouldn't take up much space and we could just throw it in the truck when we are leaving, or leave it there. As he probably really should be riding in a booster anyway. I am not sure of how tall he is or how much he weighs, but he is 5-6 yrs old and wears size 7-8 clothes.

My DD has Graco My Ride 65's but I can tell she is getting uncomfortable. We just moved up the last slot of the seat, but she looks squished in. We need to get 2 car seats as we need one for both the truck and car.(We also have a 2007 Grand Marquis.) So I am looking for suggestions on something comfy for her as we do a lot of driving/traveling. Ease of install as we are usually moving her seat around once a week. Ease of use and I would really like for the cover to be machine washable.

Our twin nieces ride in SR22 and Evenflo(not sure of model). Their next seats are DD's my rides. DD rides driver outboard in the truck and car. We are thinking for installs when we are all together. DD driver 3rd row FF, niece 1 3rd row passenger RF seat belt. Right now these seats are MR65 and SR 22. In second row niece 2 RF passenger seat belt and BIL seat belt. Me and DH front seat belt. If nephew was with us he could choose or ride 2nd row since that row is larger.

Budget for said 2 new seats is around $200 might could go a little over, but we must have 2 seats. Preferably exactly the same.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search