On the market for a new convertible seat

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been out of the carseat game for a couple of years - whats the latest and greatest convertible seat? My son is 3 years old and FF is a Complete Air which i love but we were caught up in the recline confusion with that seat so i'm not sure if i want to go that route again or get something different. I need something pretty thin though since we are 3 across (CA, TB and SR right now). I could also give my daughter the CA and get something new for my son but i'm pretty sure the CA would expire before my daughter was done with it anyway so i dont know if there is any point in that.

May 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
well, ok then

May 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Sorry. This board really isn't active anymore. There aren't many people answering posts at all. It's not personal.

Who are you buying a new seat for? What are all three kids' ages, weights, heights, and shirt sizes? What vehicle? Do you have a budget in mind?
May 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know, hate how inactive it is! I either want a convertible seat for DD or i'll get a Nautilus (or Argos) for DS and give her his CA. The way i'm thinking though, passing down doesnt make sense... DS got his CA in Jan 2011 so i assume it was manufactured in 2010 (will check that of course just to make sure) - if it expires in 2015 DD will only 3 and ds would be 5 - i plan to keep ds harnessed until he's at least 5 so i would need another harness seat for DD so it doesnt seem logical to pass his CA down right? Just want to make sure i'm thinking right there... $150ish would be ideal but definitely less then $200. I've seen a lot of CA's on sale is there any reason for that does anyone know? I have a 2001 Buick Lasabre but we are looking into getting a minivan soon.... though just in case i need to plan for 3 across

Anyway, the kids are

SDD - almost 9 - low back TB - dont know her height or weight but shes really small - i want to say around 4 ft and 50ish lbs... she wears size 7.

DS - 3 years old - FF Complete Air (RF'ed until almost 3 but had to turn him when the baby came home from the NICU for space reasons ). At his last Dr.'s apt he was 32 lbs and i believe about 37 inches. He wears 3T

DD - 8.5 months but was born at 25 weeks so her adjusted age is about 5 months - Rf (obviously) in a snugride. Shes approximately 15lbs and wears 3-6 month clothes.

Thanks!

May 6th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Does your baby even fit in the CA? At that size, she might not. Babies are usually wearing 9 month onesies before fitting in it properly. You might be able to find a Diono R100 under $200, and she will definitely fit in that.

A Nautilus is not a good choice for a three across. It doesn't play with others. What about a Harmony Defender if you decide to buy for your DS? It has the same weight limits as the Nautilus but it's as narrow as a Radian. It's $99 at Walmart. Even a Evenflo Maestro would be good for your DS since he's light.
May 7th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good point, i havent tried her in it! I can hold off a little longer on getting it for her i'm just getting tired of the infant seat. Do you have thoughts on 2 CA's and a TB? The TB is only part time so it can be removed most of the time.

May 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
It should work. The CA's are not super wide, and I think the Le Sabre is fairly generous. You can go to Babies R Us, take a second CA out, and try it. Try it in all combinations - booster in all three positions, CAs in all three positions RFing and FFing.

Actually, do you have a headrest in the middle seat for the low back booster? If not, booster must go outboard.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search