B-safe vs Keyfit 30 question....

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2014, 02:12 PM
eva_luvs_dave's Avatar team green!
I'm currently shopping for a new infant seat. I'm between the B-safe and the Keyfit 30. My question is...which takes up least room front to back? Also, is either more narrow than the other (I believe from what I read the keyfit is by 1-1/2")?

Also, if you've had/used either/both...please tell me your thoughts. I'm also shopping for a double stroller and what infant seat I buy will determine which double I buy

I had a safety first onboard air 35 with my last baby and I just remember it being so big!

Any input is appreciated!

Then again, I'm debating NOT buying an infant seat and using my son's 2011 Radian R120 and just purchasing him a Frontier! I'm so torn lol.

Last edited by eva_luvs_dave; February 18th, 2014 at 02:20 PM.
February 18th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't used any of those seats for my babies but my SIL uses the keyfit for her baby and a radian for her ds. She loves them both and my limited experience buckling them in, getting a third car seat between them etc has been very easy. I can't quite imagine a newborn fitting well in a radian though. Even at the lowest settings, I think it would be too big.
~Mother of Miracles

February 18th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks for your input!
February 19th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Spottts's Avatar Super Mommy
I just asked my SIL this on Monday! She has both infant seats.

The Chicco was given to her from family. (No accidents and still before expiration date) It stays in hubby's car. The B-safe came with the Bob revolution stroller. That one goes in her car.

She said the Chicco is more narrow than the B-safe. It fits better in carts at stores. I'm not sure if she puts it in the basket or the front part. When baby was a newborn she fit better in the Chicco. She's 3 months old and fits fine in both now. The receiver part sticks on the Chicco but she thinks that's due to the seat being used. (That was the reason the receiver started sticking when I used the same car seat for second pregnancy. I cleaned the part that goes in with rubbing alcohol (I think) and it got better.)

She had bought a convertible but it needs too much of a recline in the infant RF position. It would really cramp the person in the seat in front. I don't know the brand. She bought it when she took a car seat safety class during pregnancy.
Mom to 3 girls - one age 9 and two 7 year old twins. Baby GIRL #4 due July 5
February 19th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottts View Post
I just asked my SIL this on Monday! She has both infant seats.

The Chicco was given to her from family. (No accidents and still before expiration date) It stays in hubby's car. The B-safe came with the Bob revolution stroller. That one goes in her car.

She said the Chicco is more narrow than the B-safe. It fits better in carts at stores. I'm not sure if she puts it in the basket or the front part. When baby was a newborn she fit better in the Chicco. She's 3 months old and fits fine in both now. The receiver part sticks on the Chicco but she thinks that's due to the seat being used. (That was the reason the receiver started sticking when I used the same car seat for second pregnancy. I cleaned the part that goes in with rubbing alcohol (I think) and it got better.)

She had bought a convertible but it needs too much of a recline in the infant RF position. It would really cramp the person in the seat in front. I don't know the brand. She bought it when she took a car seat safety class during pregnancy.
Thanks so much for your input! Will def keep this in mind
February 20th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Super Mommy
Chicco keyfit is the most compact front to back infant seat on the market.

February 20th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMadd2 View Post
Chicco keyfit is the most compact front to back infant seat on the market.
Awesome! I was leaning towards it and think I've made up my mind.

I found a gender neutral color for $140ish so I think I will go ahead and order it! Thanks all!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search