What supplements are you taking?

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2004, 03:31 AM
zonapellucida
My list is extensive: Vitamin c, Calcium, Vit e, Co Q10, multi, Aloe, milk thistle, fenegreek, b complex, Flax, and a few others.
What is your opinion on them especially the antioxidants if you are taking them. Do you nitice a difference.
July 16th, 2004, 03:32 AM
zonapellucida
I do--I have goten sick less often and even my allergies have improved somwhat wiht the vit c
July 16th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Texas Mom
Dang girl....you're making me feel bad....I take nothing!!!!!! I hope others post, maybe I'll get some ideas from them too!
July 16th, 2004, 03:38 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take Pre-natal vitamins....That`s it! I`m not pregnant right now. I`m still taking them since my miscarry for the Folic Acid. I read that it is good to take it even when trying to get pregnant. My hair & nails are growing so fast!

July 21st, 2004, 12:20 PM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
I take iron b/c I'm anemic.

I tried a multivitamin but b/c they are sooo huge and I already take other medication, it was causing a bad gag reflect. So I stopped. Hopefully when I get off the iron and other meds I'm using to treat hives, I'll be able to introduce a small multi vitamin. But I take a gamit of pills twice a day and some days it hits my stomach fiersly and make my tummy upset or b/c I do it twice a day, it causes a gag reflect. The iron pill is the worst, it's not big, but for some reason gets stuck in my mouth and is hard to swallow.

My allegy meds have kept my allegies at bay for over a year! And my lungs are completlely healed from my untreated asthma I had been suffering with and not realized. So I'm hoping soon enough I'll be dwindling down the meds until nothing is needed eventually.
July 22nd, 2004, 02:44 AM
pooker's Avatar Veteran
mom2one - I drink milk with my pills - it makes them go down easier because its thicker than water. I normally don't even feel them go down - especially those BIG ones!
July 22nd, 2004, 08:33 AM
mom2one's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey thanks so much for that! I hadn't even thought of that! I will give it a try...thanks so much!!

Nicole
July 23rd, 2004, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I only take a multivitamin.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!
July 23rd, 2004, 07:53 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
I take a multivitamin and folic acid (because we are TTC and I take seizure meds that cause birth defects so the folic acid will minimize the effects a great deal)
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
September 21st, 2004, 11:59 AM
Chance&#39;s Mom's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Chance&#39;s Mom
I take quite a few supplements, some off and on and some every day.
I don't get much sleep these days so I take a supp called 'true focus.' I also take colostrum, ester-c, prenatal, vegetable supp., coq10, lots of magnessium, 5htp, nettle, and sometimes I still drink my pregnancy tea. Every once in a great while I take creatine if I'm desperate to get through the day. These allow me to keep going. If it wasn't for them I would be flat on my back by now!

Mom to Chance 4yrs and Lane 1.5yrs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search