January New Years Chat Thread

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
School starts tomorrow and we are of course getting a storm! We're expecting up to a foot of snow! At least DH is in school this semester too, so we'll be carpooling. He can do all the driving. I HATE winter weather.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
January 10th, 2011, 06:21 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^we are supposed to get a storm Tuesday into Wed I think, blah! winter weather stinks!

Morning ladies! this morning was another epic fail in our household, the morning battles continue and my nerves are wrecked, Sydney is just a mess in the mornings and she had a meltdown at daycare dropoff today too I don't know if it is a phase, something is going on (I don't think so, nothing has changed at daycare and she loves her teachers and is happy and playing when we go pick her up) I really don't know what it is but I feel like a crap parent and I would like to crawl in a hole and go fetal today......blah! this too shall pass! nobody said being a parent was easy I just didn't know it would be so hard sometimes, I feel like if I was being graded on parenting a 3 year old I would get an F

*end pity party here*
January 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
We went through that with my son. He would throw a huge tantrum anytime I left him anywhere. It was horrible, but he did outgrow it, and Sydney will too.

Well, we definitely got that snow here. So much so that they closed the college the past two days in a row. My kids have a two hour delay tomorrow already, and I suspect that at least they (and possibly Matt and I) will have a snow day tomorrow too. Windchills here are supposed to be 20 - 25 below zero through noon tomorrow.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
January 12th, 2011, 06:24 AM
thanks! today was a better morning.....Thank God LOL

we got snow too! about 6-7 inches nothing too terrible but just enough to be a pain in the butt!

In happy news.....DH gave me my bday present! a new laptop! woot! a MacBook Pro, I am in love LOL.....and I got a great year end review for my job so hopefully that means a good bonus next month!

How is everyone? ?Cyndee how is Maddie? I saw on FB that she was sick
January 12th, 2011, 06:31 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Hi! Sorry I have been MIA. Spent the weekend getting bday party stuff ready and then Maddie came down with a viral cold Sun night, fevers spiking, cough, and headaches. I missed Mon & Tues of work, Then DH wasn't feeling so hot and was home most of yesterday, now our office is closed and I have to try to work from home with Maddie. She still has a fever blister or something on her bottom lip I've never seen it before but I'm assuming it's related to her viral cold. Poor baby. She's just snuffy now. OF course now I'm not feeling so hot either but I'll live. Time to clean the house to get ready for Sat. But I may just mostly lay around and watch TV with her today. Ugh, if it's not one thing it's another.

Yay on a new Laptop!!! I'm jealous! My iBOOK has power issues so I use the netbook now but there is nothing better than a new mac.

I'm not looking forward to separation anxiety issues tomorrow after 5 days at home with mommy. It comes and goes on a day to day basis. I hope syd breaks the cycle and gets easier for you guys. Has there been any type of change at daycare? A new kid or teacher or schedule?

January 12th, 2011, 07:15 AM
sorry you all have been sick Cyndee! that stinks! I hope you are all feeling better soon! Sam has had a hacking cough for a couple days now, I hope it stops with the cough and doesn't develop into anything else! Sick season is in full effect!

as for daycare, nothing has changed, teachers the same, kids the same. I am thinking it is just a phase and Mondays are the worst! after a few minutes she if fine. Today she did great at dropoff so who knows? it will pass I am sure!

we are looking forward to Maddie's party on Sat! Syd is excited!
January 12th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Maddie is excited too! It will just be you guys, kim my DCP and her son Corey who is almost 4, and my inlaws. I'm not sure if a girl from my PR is coming yet but I doubt it as she lives out past longwood. Bri invited a couple from work but they haven't said yes or no yet. We are going to have PJ's wings that Bri is dying for Jon to try. It'll just be laid back enigmatic theme that no one will get. I made the ponyo puppets and totoro boxes, goodie buckets.

We gave her the MobiGo touch by vtech the other day since she was so sick. She really likes it. So I want to get her the toystory3 game and tinkerbell game, but daymn they aren't cheap! I know she will LOVE the dora backpack, she has been watching tons of Dora lately.

The music machine we got her came in yesterday and is awesome! I can't wait to give it to her.

January 12th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Sounds like a fun time!! low key is best I think! I have to go pick up the backpack one night this week but I am planning on getting that for her! I am thinking of getting Mobigo for Syd too for her bday or something similar, maybe I will see how she likes Maddies!
January 13th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Morning! Well made it to work after the worst drop off ever. She was crying so hard saying don't go, I want to snuggle with you 5 days with mommy makes it hard to let go.

January 13th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Sorry Cyndee I know all too well how those dropoffs make a mama feel it's terrible....the last 2 days have been great for Syd but come Monday it starts all over!

Do you need anything for the party? any help with anything? let me know, I am willing to help if I can!

I ordered Sydney's invitations yesterday, I did a trial run of the snake cake last weekend and I am pretty sure I can pull it off, won't be the prettiest snake ever I am sure LOL but since it is only family and friends I am sure no body will really care! I took off the Friday before her party so that I can make it.....alone! She helped me with the practice cake and that part didn't go so well LOL but on my own I think it will be a better result!
January 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM
How fun Kim! I bet she will have a great cake! Are you going to do a rainforest theme with it?

We don't need anything, just bring a bouncey for Sam if you can, I don't have any more baby but I will have a blanket he can crawl around and drool on Maddie is really excited to have Sydney coming over to her house and asks every day if her party is today.

Maddie passed out at daycare at 9:30 and last I heard around 11:30 she was still asleep. I swear she will NOT nap at home but 20 mins at daycare and she's catching up on a weeks sleep. I feel like I'm paying a week so she can watch her sleep for 2 days *sigh* oh well.

I'm trying to find writers for some new crazy kindle project my boss wants to try out now, it's always something new around here

January 13th, 2011, 10:17 AM
a rainforest or jungle theme I guess, I found cute jungle stuff online at Party City that has a snake incorporated so I am gonna go there and see if they have it in stock. It is hard finding snake stuff that is cute snake not scary snake LOL....I also ordered her new comforter set and I am hoping to start her room redo this weekend since I am off Monday I should be able to paint, we shall see! she decided on a pink, yellow and blue comforter that has butterflies on it, she wanted pink curtains so I order those to match. Hopefully it all comes together! I need to get her some under the bed storage stuff too, he room is so cluttered it makes me nutty!

Syd has no problem sleeping 2 hrs at daycare everyday but at home?? forget it! it doesn't happen!
January 13th, 2011, 11:40 AM
I didn't make it through work, I feel like my head is going to explode so I'm home now for some down time and a nap on the couch before I pick up Roo.

January 13th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Hope you feel better soon and get some rest! Jon picked up the Dora backpack today at lunch, woot! I hope she likes it!
January 14th, 2011, 07:39 AM
She totally will kim!

I'm xposting my rant for today...

Well... another not so great day.. Let's just take a perspective of this week...

Sunday night, Maddie gets a fever and pukes at 1:30am
Monday & Tuesday, maddie sick and miserable, I have to stay home with her. DH is sick monday and misses half of tuesday of work, with some kind of stomach bug. All the other day care kids miss tuesday out sick. The first time this has ever happened.
Wed, I get a touch of the stomach bug as does maddie but not too bad..It's a snowday so no work try to work from home but can't get the files I need from the office. I start feeling cold/flu sick by Wed night hitting me hard.
Thursday, we all make it out of the house and try to have a normal day. By 1pm I feel so bad I'm crying at my desk out of utter exhaustion, frustration and feeling like total crap. The psudoefederine in the sinus meds is not helping my cause. I leave work at 1:30 and get 2 hours of tv rest before I have to pick up maddie.

So last night I'm feeling really bad, thinking I have my first migraine the sinus pressure headache is so bad. I have a cool towel on my head barely able to watch Grays. It's been over a week since we've had sex, we haven't even broken in the new mattress yet we got last weekend. I'm frustrated and cry about that. I go to bed around 10:30.

This morning my head hurts but I manage to shower and get maddie to daycare by 8. I have DH's 'new' acura (2006 tsx we've had less than a year). I stop for gas and fill it up $35!!! I try to leave the gas station and the car won't start. It's ticking, the lights are on, it's nothing, nothing is happening. ***. I call dh and text and email him, no reply. The attendants help me push the car out of the gas lane but the gear shifter locks up and I can't get it out of neutral to move out of the traffic way.

I call the acura dealership about a mile up the street (not where we bought the car which is a certified preowned)... they say to call a tow and maybe they can help. I don't think it's the battery b/c all the lights come on but when you turn the key it's tick tick tick and remove the key it still ticks as if it's a bad fuse or starter or something. It's 18 degree's out and the coldest morning of the year. I'm cold.

I call acura roadside assistance to see if the car is covered. It is, they said they'd send a tow. I finally hear from DH, he is on the train to philly. He gets off at the next stop and says he'll come meet me. Acura tells me how to override the gear shifter so I figure that out after 15 mins and push the car myself out of the way. Thank god for my new snow sneakers, half the parkinglot is ice. I call work and tell them what's up. It's after 9:15 now. I've been freezing for an hour. yay for being sick.

DH finally shows up. we move the car out of the way more after I figure out how to unlock the steering wheel and the gear shifter at the same time (you needed 2 keys, go figure). I have jumper cables in my trunk (he had my honda, i love my honda, I only have cables b/c HE always needed a jump in his mitsubishi b/c he'd leave lights on).. We debate jumping the acura he says no, he thinks its a computer or a fuse and we don't want to fry it or take it out of any warranty. I have replaced computers in cars before, it's $1000 part. We wait.

30 mins later the tow truck shows up. The guy has a hand held battery charger thing. It starts the car. DUH. Who knows *** you'd figure a certified preowned would at least have a new battery but no, it's a 5 year old battery. I feel dumb. since the tow was covered by acura i tip the guy and dh and I drive to sears to get a new battery. I drive my honda. $130 later (-6 from my sears rewards on the new dryer booyah! haha) he goes back to work and I feel like total crap and am at home now. 2 hours out in the cold has done me in.

Going to take some meds and try to sleep. I need to feel better so I can shop and clean for Maddie's party tomorrow. All I want to do is cry. What else can go wrong this week I don't want to know. It's not really all that bad, just exhausting. no one is dead, the car will be ok, we aren't broke, and I hopefully still have a job after this hell of a week.

aieye.

January 14th, 2011, 08:56 AM
OMG your day sucks!! your whole week sucked! sorry! HUGS! maybe I should bring you a bottle of Jack to take the edge of tomorrow it would probably help your cold too

Syd has a "winter gala" today at school, they are putting on a little show and her class is singing a song, LOL I can't wait! her teacher told me she is one of the loudest singers during practice, guess we will see how she does singing in front of a room full of people!
January 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
^^ must take video ^^^~~!!!

January 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
ha I have the camera all ready to go LOL I can't wait!!
January 17th, 2011, 08:46 AM
How did Sydney's show go? I forgot to ask!
Thanks for coming! I had no idea my little house could fit so many people.

I threw my shoulder out of socket last night reaching for a cup of water, for the second time in a week. ouchy.

I have Jury Duty on Wed. Yuck!

January 17th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Sydneys show was cute! she was one of the few that actually sang LOL, I have a video but not a great one because some lady kept putting her big ole noggin in the way LOL

We had a lot of fun, your inlaws are really sweet, everyone was really nice! good time!!

I am off today and painting Syd's room, I am over it LOL but almost all done! will post pics tomorrow!

sorry about your shoulder! my knee is messed up, gosh we sound like old ladies LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search