January New Years Chat Thread

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 06:03 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
as promised here is Sydney's new and improved bedroom

I still need to find something to hang above her bed. She loved the room she even sang a song about it last night, I can only guess the title of the song was "I love my new room" since she kept saying it over and over LOL......Her favorite part was the artwork hanging on the walls because it is her creations, she was like "those are MY pictures" LOL

this weather is the worst!! icy and rain and sleet oh my!!
January 18th, 2011, 07:35 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
awesome kim it looks so good!!!

Snow last night to freezing rain to rain this morning, 1.5 hour late office opening, everything is slushy ice since we had so much on the ground to begin with , what a mess. Maddie was awesome this morning though. No crying!

Saw one of the daycare mom's that is due 3 days after I was, she is HUGE. Suddenly I didn't feel so bad not being pregnant lol

I'm getting cabin fever. I want to go to blue mountain or somewhere even for just a night.

January 18th, 2011, 08:05 AM
thanks she really loved it!

Sydney has been having good mornings too, I hope they continue.

I would love to go to Great Wolfe Lodge for a night or two! actually I would love to go to a tropical island somewhere but doubt that is happening anytime soon LOL
January 18th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Oh that place looks AWESOME!

January 18th, 2011, 09:28 AM
yea it looks like soooo much fun! I really want to go!

We have a busy few weeks coming up, my sister and BIL are supposed to be visiting this coming weekend, my parents the following, then the next weekend I have to get things prepped for Sydney's party and we have another family function to go to. I think once Sydney's birthday is past we will have some much needed down time! We will have to plan a get together Cyndee! I need and adult night to recharge and relax!
January 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I hear ya. We could probably do the last weekend in Feb. I know it's our turn to go down and visit the inlaws next so I'm sure they are waiting on us to offer up a weekend which I should probably do the last weekend in Jan. At least that way my inlaws could watch Maddie and I could take brian out to dinner for his Bday or something. This is the magical year we turn 35!

I think it's time to get Maddie to a dentist. She either damaged the front surface or has a cavity in one of her teeth I noticed yesterday. It doesn't look bad, but I don't mess around. I've been waiting 3 months to find out what kind of dental coverage her insurance has since it's on DH's plan.

January 18th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I have to get Syd to the dentist too. I just added her to my dental plan because DH doesn't have dental. I am not looking forward to the dentist experience with her not one little bit! one of the kids in her class' mom is a hygienist at pedi dental office, I need to see if they are in our network. her kid has 3 cavities!!! and she is a dental hygienist LOL I am sorta scared to see what is going on in Syd's mouth LOL
January 20th, 2011, 06:34 AM
We had our first visit at the new pedi and the nurses were really nice, the office was nice and Maddie seemed to have fun. She got a HepA vaccine and will go back for a booster in 6 months. She didn't cry or anything.

The DR was a little stiff but he's just fine. He said she's perfectly healthy. Her vision is perfect and she's growing right on target.

She is 36.5 inches tall (I think they measured a little short but oh well)
28lbs (25 percentile for both)

January 20th, 2011, 06:58 AM
glad she had a good appointment! Sydney has her 3 yr on 2/11, she and Sam go the same day. that is always fun LOL......more snow tonight, blah! over it! and ready for the weekend!
January 20th, 2011, 10:13 AM
So jury duty was a total bust yesterday which I'm not upset about, but oh my back hurts after 7 hours in a plastic chair. We ARE getting old!

Brian's brithday is next week, I'm not sure what to get him but I'm thinking new slippers and taking him out to dinner would be nice.

The wife of a guy Brian works with also got a sewing machine for xmas and wants me to take a sewing class with her. I like her. But taking a sewing class is the last thing I feel like doing right now. lol I think I will wing it for awhile and see how well i do. For now I just want to make stuff for the house - draft dodgers, pillows, things like that.

We are going to attempt one last dance class thsi weekened and if she freaks I'm taking her to JellyBean Jungle (indoor playground) and letting her have fun. After nap I'm going to take her to see Tangled. I feel bad b/c after her birthday sat we just hung around and did nothing on sunday we were so 'pooped out', and sun was her actual bday. I figure I can have a special day with her and let DH sleep in and then we can watch football on sunday.

January 20th, 2011, 11:04 AM
yes a sewing class doesn't sound all that fun to me LOL, I can't sew at all, I have tried! it just isn't my thing I guess nothing ever turns out right and I end up wanting to throw the machine out the window LOL

sounds like a fun weekend! my sister and BIL are supposed to be coming this weekend but of course I have heard no confirmation so who knows? my sister (love her to death) can be such a flake! if they don't end up coming I am hoping for a low key weekend. I need to really work on potty training, we never have down time to really focus on it we are always running around, she has been staying dry at school aside from waking up from her nap wet which is fine so I think she is ready she just needs a little nudge I think.
January 21st, 2011, 10:42 AM
Good luck PT! I think she's ready too. She always goes when Maddie does.

January 21st, 2011, 11:42 AM
thanks.....the biggest issue right now is she doesn't want to wear panties, she says she will pee in them....so I guess she is just anxious about accidents, I try to reassure her that it is ok but no amount of reassurance seems to work. maybe we will go buy new panties or something IDK.

well my sister isn't coming I guess, oh well! I think we are going to go to the Y and sign up, only $64 per month for a family membership and they have so many classes for 3 yr olds I think it will be worth it. plus I would like to do swimming classes with both kids ASAP! other than that I guess we have no plans, my plan is to have a stiff drink tonight once the kids are in bed LOL I need one!
January 24th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Good morning ladies! Happy Monday! had a low key weekend trying to fight off colds, it appears Sam is the worst of all of us, his poor little nose is running like a faucet! no fever and he is still in a good mood just a leaky, snotty nose.....blah! he had a big milestone weekend though, he learned to clap, is officially crawling (real crawling not just army crawls) and he learned to pull up. the pulling up is totally interfering with his napping though LOL, he hasn't a clue how to get back down after he stands up so he just hangs on for dear life and screams until someone rescues him, ah well he will figure it out soon I hope!

it is flipping cold out!! seriously burrrrrrrr!
January 24th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Glad you had a relaxing weekend. It is seriously the coldest day I have ever lived through. W T H!!! I woke up dreaming about being on a beach and eating rice krispie treats LOL

Hope Sam gets better soon. Congrats on the milestones! He's getting so big so fast, it feels like yesterday you found out you were pregnant.

I don't know what to do for Brian's Birthday this week. It's on Thursday and I'd like to do something special but I'm at a loss as to what. Any ideas?

January 24th, 2011, 07:04 AM
yes hard to believe that in less than 4months Sam will be 1! crazy! he seems to be growing up like crazy over the last month, all of a sudden he is mobile and exploring and eating real food (he ate a 1/2 of a waffle yesterday for breakfast LOL) and babbling like crazy! amazing how quickly they learn new things.

as for Brian's bday hmmmm I don't know?? a dinner out? cook him his fav dinner at home and then have "adult time" once Maddie is in bed? new sexy PJs for yourself not him LOL.....I will keep thinking!
January 24th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I just ordered Syd's birthday supplies.....she has changed her mind and no longer wants a snake cake, she now wants Piggie Cupcakes LOL seriously? she doesn't want a farm theme either just a piggy birthday?? why? I have no idea but I found a recipe for pig cupcakes, they look easy peasy! Little Nummies FEATURE: Farm Animal Cupcakes and then I am just going to get a small round cake for candles and all that, I bought a piggy candle for it to decorate it and then we will just do a pink theme I guess. I ordered everything so this is what it is! I am not bringing it up again LOL
January 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM
That is too funny Kim.

Maddie has been into these stupid netflix movies : carebears, strawberry shortcake - stuff from when we were kids but very colorful animation. It's cute, beats the endless dora & diego marathons. I will try to find something strawberry shortcake for her but if not I may just wing it and try something different to see if she likes it.

Trying to find some new snack and meal ideas for her. I've kind of hit a dry spell. I need to revisit things like string cheese.

I'm super excited tomorrow I get my first suburban organics shipment of produce. I'm dumb. I know.

So my car is having some rear suspension issues. I have a feeling I'm about to get taken for $400 before the end of the week. Which of course doesn't leave much left over for a nice bday gift for Brian Poor guy is going to have a crappy birthday, taking my car to the shop on his way to work Thursday, then Friday I'm going to Carrabbas with Kim for some drinks and appz. I'm guessing lingerie and nookie is the only gift I can give him LOL

January 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM
That stinks about your car Cyndee! boooooo! as for Bri's bday nookie and lingerie should suffice, men like that sort of thing

whatever you get Syd will be fine, she is easy to please and thrilled with lots of stuff. Heck we went to the dollar store over the weekend and she has been playing with $1 toys since and couldn't be happier LOL.....for her bday I got her a Mobigo, the Shrek game to go with it, Moondough Farm set, an Olivia stuffed animal and 2 new books. that is all we are getting her! my parents are getting her digital camera. I can't believe her bday is in just a few weeks! crazy!

have fun Friday, I really need to get out for drinks! my parents are coming this weekend I think if the weather is ok so that will be nice! maybe we should plan an adult couples night out, I would love to spend the night in the city, get a room, go to some bars, relax and have fun! my parents are always up for babysitting when they are here, maybe we can plan something like that after her birthday is over and our calendar opens up! would be fun!
January 28th, 2011, 06:05 AM
morning girls! TGIF! sick of the snow! blah! I seriously need to move south LOL.....Sam is sick and going to the dr today. He has a horrid cough and is leaking yellow goop from his nose and eyes, poor kid! he had a 1 hr coughing fit in the middle of the night *sigh* I tried to take him in yesterday but the office was closed because of the weather. I hope he doesn't have an ear infection or anything too terrible, I have heard of 2 babies in the last week dx with pneumonia so I want to have him checked out, his cough is really bad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search