January New Years Chat Thread

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 06:51 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Oh no, poor baby I hope he is ok!!! It's so scary when they are sick that small.

Bri had a snowday for his birthday so we relaxed at home , I made him a cake and we had a nice dinner. Then he wanted to watch ATeam and I feel alseep doh! Will have to make that up tonight. I let him sleep in tho and I did most of the snow shoveling. My back is SCREAMING today, oh man.

Maddie ended up having a double ear infection when I took her to the DR on Wed. This month just seems like a blur of snow, sickness, snow, sickness...I've missed so much work this month it's terrible. I'm having a hard time getting back into the flow of things. I think everyone is lately.

LMK how it goes at the DR today.

January 28th, 2011, 07:09 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jon ran him over, his ears are fine but he said he thinks since the cough is getting worse not better and has been present for a week and his lungs sound wheezing it is bronchitis or something bacterial, so antibiotics and eye drops for his eye funk and no more work for me today! just gonna hang with my little man and cuddle!

sorry your back hurts that snow was brutal!! very heavy and wet!
January 28th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Sometimes bad news is good news - It's just a bad tire! Replacing both and getting my oil changed and calling it a fix!

yay for a Sammy & Kim day, sometimes the best medicine is mommy time. hope he gets well soon. I need to buy stock in antibiotics right now, it seems like every other house I know has someone on them. Us included.

I get to pick up my suburban organics order on my way home today! I joined a co-op. Woohoo! Blueberries in the wintertime!

January 28th, 2011, 10:54 AM
glad your car issue was minor! Sam is so miserable, so not like him, won't drink a bottle and ate his lunch and then puked, lovely! it was pretty much just mucus but still. he is sleeping again. Hopefully the meds kick in soon! guess I need to go get some pedialyte too..... thankfully my parents are coming for the weekend so we will have backup, sick babies are rough!
January 31st, 2011, 09:46 AM
craptastic weekend! here is my post from the June PR too exhausted to retype........

My poor Sambo is so sick! He was at the dr yesterday for a cold, fever, cough all that jazz. They started him on Amoxicillian because his lungs sounded junky and they felt is was a bacterial resp infection. Fast forward to today and his fever got up to 104.6 that was about 1/2 hr after Tylenol ( we had given him Motrin in the morning and then Tylenol to alternate per the pedi) so off to the ER we went, at about the 104 mark I start to panic with fevers. Anyway they concurred about the resp infection and also his ears were a little "pink" per the Dr there. They gave him a full dose of Motrin, apparently I was underdosing him, I mean I was following the box but he is nearly 21lbs and he needed a higher dose so they gave him 2mls of Motrin and within a 1/2 hr or so his temp was down to 100.3 so they sent us on our way.....he is now sleeping and still feels cool so hopefully his fever doesn't go back up that high and I guess if it does at least I now know the correct dose of Motrin to give him. I am tired......and for what it's worth the ER on a Saturday is crazyville! seriously it was packed full of sickies and wounded and it was just a hot mess there LOL Anyway that was how my Saturday went, thank God my parents are here visiting so at least they were here to watch Sydney and entertain her.

UODATE: well we had to take Sam back to the ER yesterday, by around 4pm his fever was back in full force even after meds, he was breathing funny, not eating and acting very ill. So back to the ER we went, they took us right back thank God. Temp was 104.5 again and his O2 was a bit low. They suctioned him out with a cath and electric sucker thing, they got so much snot out of my little man. Did a chest xray which was normal, sent his mucus for testing for influenza, H1N1 and RSV they all came back negative. So they are calling it a random viral infection no idea but he is just not himself, very cranky, fever comes in waves I don't know I am just worried about him. I know kids get random bugs but still scary. I have to call the pedi today and see what they say and see if they want to see him or wait it out. this is day 4 of being sick, I am exhausted, he is miserable and we both pretty much just want to cry. Pity party over thanks for reading.

so that was my weekend in a nutshell blah! just want my happy, healthy baby back!
January 31st, 2011, 10:40 AM
Oh Kim that is dreadful!

When Maddie had strep they gave her 2 tsp of Motrin which I knew wasn't right, but the DR also told me I was underdosing her. Um she's 28lbs. It did work though. So now when I can't get her fever to respond (the viral fevers do come in waves. We hit 104.2 Xmas night and I gave her 1.5tsp of motrin and a cool bath and it helped so much) I either do that or her Pedi told me to give her BOTH Tylenol AND Motrin at the same time and it does work wonders, especially for pain.

I sure hope you guys can get some relief. We go back to the Pedi on Friday to get her ears rechecked. I'm sure she is fine but a double whammy was scary, especially when she was only complaining about the side that was the least infected.

Pony up on the vitamin C and sleep if you can *Hugs*

February 1st, 2011, 04:55 AM
thanks! I got schooled by the pedi in the ER on fevers LOL, he was a super nice guy and he was very reassuring. He said it isn't so much the # but more how fast they get to that # so if he reached 104.5 over a few hrs it wasn't too big of a deal but if he went from normal temp to that in say 1/2 hr that is when it is bad and when febrile seizures most often occur. he also said they don't get "really concerned" until a fever reaches 106 Now I know that babies and kids get high fevers and that it is the bodies defense and a normal reaction to an illness but even as a nurse I start wanting to push the panic button around 104+ LOL.....anyway he has been fever free since Sunday night, yesterday he had no fever reducing meds so I "think" we might be over the worst. He is super cranky though but I think that has a lot to do with teething, his top middles are coming in and his gums are a red swollen mess! I am home again today with him, I just gave him Tylenol for the teeth and he is napping, hopefully that helps and these stupid teeth break thru soon! of course now DH, Syd and I seem to be catching something. I feel like poo and Sydney says she feels fine but she had a cough this morning that wasn't there yesterday *sigh* it seems to happen all at once! this too shall pass!

I hope Maddies ears are ok on Friday! even though Sam's ears were only just "a little pink" they are calling it his second ear infection, our pedi said if he gets one more within the next 3 or so months they will send us to the ENT and tubes might be in his future, I don't really feel this is such a bad thing though, the tubes helped Syd so much that I am comfortable with that if he needs them. we'll see!
February 1st, 2011, 06:50 AM
I hate this time of year. Time to change the furnace/ac filter and clean like a mad woman. I'm so over this congestion albeit allergy or illness related. I just want to breathe again!

Glad sam is doing better. So scary when they are that little.

Ok, time for a FEB chat thread!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search