FEBRUARY HUGS AND lOVE DAILLY CHAT

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2011, 06:58 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good morning! How was everyones weekend? Ours was ok, I think I am prepared for Sydney's party for the most part, just need to clean the house and bake cupcakes and order the food. Other than that we just hung out and relaxed.

Sam had a rough night on Friday and Saturday, up several times crying and screaming, I think he is going thru separation anxiety and the 9 month sleep regression BOO! He is also really pulling up and standing and even takes steps if I hold onto his hands, I think all those milestones mess with his sleep too. Last night he slept great so hoping he is back to normal because sitting up rocking him isn't ideal. I really do not want another codependent sleeper so I am trying to nip any sleep issues this time around by doing some sleep training, soothe, put down, repeat, repeat, repeat until he gives in and falls asleep. It ain't easy at 3am to do that though, would be much easier to bring him to bed with me but I just can't do it! Not this time, healthy sleep habits need to start now and while I won't just let him CIO for hours on end I will gently encougage him to self soothe even if that means I have to sacrifice my own sleep for a few nights. Anyway that is just me ranting and trying to give myself a pep talk for when he wakes up tonight at 2am screaming LOL

Cyndee I waited up for your call on Saturday until around 9:30 when I totally crashed! I don't think I missed your call though because I didn't see anything on my phone. I hope everything is ok!
February 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
HI Kim!

Dude I almost forgot to baby sit Saturday and ended up 40 mins late, I was a mess after the meeting with our landlords and them wanting us to buy this house, I got really scatterbrained and took a nap and woke up to OMG! Sorry I forgot to call you too. Ugh.

Excited for this weekend! I know Maddie can't wait to see Sydney. Will there be other kids there too?

I think next year I'm going to have her party at the Children's Museum. I ended up spending as much as I would have if I had it somewhere where they clean LOL

We had a nice relaxing weekend, Maddie was in a great mood all weekend so she was lots of fun and very easy. I know what you mean about bedtime habits and sleep training. It only takes a day or two of not being adament about the routine for things to get totally out of whack, even at 3 years old. We are finally back on track now that she is healthy.

I have so much on my mind!!! I really need a vacation. I have to take off the 18th b/c my DCP needs the day off, I was thinking of braving a bathing suit and taking her to a local indoor water park.

February 7th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Sydney is really excited for her party and to see Maddie! the only other kids will be my niece and nephew (5 and 6yrs) and Sam of course LOL. It is going to be pretty small just you guys, my parents, inlaws, Jon's brother, SIL and kids and my sister and BIL. with it being Valentines weekend pretty much everyone else has plans but that is fine with me. small is good.

I hope the meeting with your landlord went well! sorry you were late for babysitting, it happens!

I can't wait for our vacation, I am counting down the days!
February 8th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I had a messed up dream last night that I won the HGTV dream home but they wanted to cut off Maddie's arm below the elbow in order to give it to me. WTH. I said no way. Nothing good is free huh? lol

So this house was last on the market when we rented it a year ago at 187k. The option to buy price he put on paper is 225k!! WTH How did it go up 38k in on year in this market with nothing done to it is beyond me. That **** isn't going to fly. For 225 we could get a 4/2 fully updated! We are going to sign the lease renewal but not the option until we can talk to a realtor who will give us a reasonable price for this area and maybe have it inspected and come back with a number. I'm tempted to just tell them to put it on the market at that price and we will move. It makes me angry and upset. I don't understand it at all.

So tired today. This weather is grating on my nerves. I'm ready for sunshine and green. Maddie was testing me this morning, I feel bad for threatening time out because she get so insistent and relentless and wont take no for an answer until there is an ultimatum. Then she will throw herself on the floor whimpering and I feel like a jerk. ugh. This morning I was curling my hair, she wanted curlies too, so I put the last 2 in her hair. She wanted ALL THE CURLIES! and I couldn't do it, beside the time factor, I only had 2! I told her I only had two, that I would do more tomorrow, that we had to get going, etc. Finally I had to threaten time out to get her to stop yelling I WANT ALL THE CURLIES! So off to her room to get dress, I don't want get dressed! I want to wear this (pajamas), etc, same with doing her hair, getting shoes on, .. Finally DH rolls out of bed to move his car and 'help'.. help what? get her coat on? You want to help, get up same time I do and help. Even better - take her to day care for once.
Ugh.
Ok enough of that *****ing. Sorry. He's a great daddy and husband, it's just one of those day where I'm glad I don't have 2 kids or I'd be broken and in an institution.

February 8th, 2011, 07:57 AM
sucks about the house, I think it is pretty common to hike up the price and then once inspection and negotiations are done the price will get lower and maybe be a better fit for you. I don't know that much about real estate though, we paid 205k back in 2002 for our house, right before the huge housing bubble and I think we got a fair deal, we did have to negotiate a bit after the inspection though. Buying a house is fun but a huge PITA too.

sorry you had a rough morning! been there! I am really cracking down on timeouts and taking stuff away from Sydney, her attitude is in the crapper a lot lately, I know she is testing limits and it's an age thing but I do not want a spoiled, entitled kid. I fear that is the path we are going down. Her timeouts are now served in Sam's highchair because she won't stay put anywhere else and with having a baby I don't have the time or patience to keep chasing her and putting her back in the chair, she hates going in the highchair and after 2 minutes she is more than willing to say sorry and change her attitude (for a little while at least) I have also been taking stuff away, she throws something she gets one warning and if she does it again then it is gone for a while. I can't take the fits and I also don't feel bad putting her in timeout anymore

Crazy dream! that house is awesome though, I would love to win it, of course I wouldn't want to give anybodies arm for it though LOL
February 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Maddie picked these out last weekend, she had $20 of birthday money left to spend, and she LOVES them. They have magnets in them and pop open from a ball and have their own "habitats". I've never seen her play with a toy so much, they follow her all around the house.

Amazon.com: Zoobles Petagonia Gift Pack: Toys & Games

February 8th, 2011, 09:13 AM
How are you feeling the new username?
Does it make you feel like this?

February 8th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Nice name change! I will be happy when I bask in the warmth of the sun!

those look cute, Syd would probably like them too. looks like a lot of small parts though, are they really small? gosh I hate all the small part toys LOL, I feel like something always goes missing! Syd lost a Barbie shoe last week and was a hot mess meltdown until I found it
February 8th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I remove the shoes and small parts from dolls when I take it out of the box still LOL

The zoobles are 2 peices, the zooble is a 1in ball and the habitat is about 3-4 inches long or high that they fit into. It's not a million pieces.

Are the weeks getting longer? At least the sun is starting to set later.

February 8th, 2011, 10:38 AM
days are def getting longer! daylight savings is only about a month away, woot! can't wait to start walking and going to the park in the evenings again!!

I decided instead of ordering a deli tray for Syd's party I am just going to put meatballs in the crock pot, buy some rolls and potato salad and call it a day! much cheaper and just as easy. then I just have to bake the piggy cupcakes, buy a small store cake for candles and my parents are going to make homemade ice cream, YUM!
February 9th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Happy Humpday!

Not much going on today. Woke up with a killer headache. I feel like I have been hit by a truck this week. Girlie time is brutal and it's barely even here yet. Really kicking my butt. Early pregnancy symptoms would feel good compared to this. Breaking out like a teenager on top of it all.

On a good note I've been down 7lbs for over 2 weeks now so I think I'm maintaining it and it's not just fluke water weight or whatever. 10 more to go and I'll be ready for the beach too.

SO freaking cold this morning! I wanted to get in the car and just drive south. I really miss my family. At least I have this weekend to look forward to! I think the 19th weekend we are going to Delaware but we can put that off until the 26th. I was hoping we could get together again soon for some adult time. I remember Jon said maybe sometime after Syd's birthday so let us know if you are still up for it.

Saturday is supposed to be really nice. The kids my get some outdoor time to play!

February 9th, 2011, 08:18 AM
sorry you have a headache, that stinks! my eyes have been a mess the last few days, watery and itching and funky, Feb is always a bad month for my eyes for some reason.

yay for weight loss! I am at my goal weight but I am lifting and doing loads of sit ups, I want a six pack again, ok maybe that is too ambitious, I will take a 4 pack LOL

We can def get together for adult time soon! I think after this weekend is over we are pretty much open for a while, I know we have something mid March (Jon invited all his old college wrestling friends to our house for a party ) but other than that we don't have much planned, we will plan something for sure!
February 11th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I asked maddie what she wanted to get sydney for her birthday and she said "Piggy cupcakes"! LOL I told her like 2 weeks ago that was the kind of cake Syd would have. This kid has a strong memory!

Excited to see you guys tomorrow!

February 11th, 2011, 09:27 AM
excited to see you too! Piggy cupcakes are complete! I love them, I think they are adorable and I am impressed I actually was able to pull it off! they are in the fridge and I keep looking at them LOL. I also got her a cake and transferred the top of cupcake onto it so there would be a piggy on the cake too, the cake looks just ok but the cupcakes are so darn cute! I was thinking she needed a cake for candles but maybe I should of just put candles in a cupcake, whatever it is done now, hope you like cake because you will be taking some home LOL.

now I just need to clean up a bit and I think I am ready to go.

Syd and Sam had checkups this morning, Syd was 40in (think that is generous but whatever LOL) and 29 1/2 lbs with clothes on, pedi said she is tall and thin and perfect. Sam was 20 1/2 lbs and 30 inches, he is the size of a low to average one yr old already LOL. all in all a good appointment. Sam got shots though so I hope he isn't a grump for the party!
February 12th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi there recently new on this board . My name is Traci and I'm a 33 yr old single stay at home mom to Brendan.

Brendan is 6 yrs old and in first grade .

Today he is sick with a fever, congested nose, he slept for a hr . his fever seems to be going down with the tynelol so i'm just hoping it is gone for 24 hrs by monday .

Since monday is his valentines day party and they are doing ice cream sundaes then . It will be so sad for him to miss it.
February 14th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Welcome Traci! I'm Cyndee, Mom to Madi who is 3.

I'm home with a stomach bug today I always throw up or pass out on valentines day it seems LOL

February 14th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Welcome Traci! I am Kim mom to Sydney (3) and Sam (almost 9months)

Sorry you are sick Cyndee, that is the worst! I am still tired from the weekend! it was nice seeing you guys! Sydney loves her remote control Strawberry Shortcake car! she has been playing with it a lot! She drives it and Sam chases it, it is like a 2 for 1 toy LOL!!!

I just got my bonus info and I am SOOOOOOO happy! seriously the best bonus I have ever gotten! I am amazed and blessed!
February 14th, 2011, 11:38 AM
That's awesome Kim Congrats!!!

My 4 year anniv is on the 1st and they only do raises/reviews every 2 years so I'm out.

February 15th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Thanks Cyndee! I am happy! I am planning on buying some new patio furniture in the spring and the kids spring/summer wardrobes and the rest will just go in the bank. I also got a small raise which was nice, every little bit helps!

Today is Sydney's second day at daycare with panties on, she had 2 accidents yesterday and one already this morning while walking in to daycare LOL oh well she is getting there, another few weeks and hopefully we are diaper free! Sam slept until 5:50 this morning, woah! that is like sleeping in for him LOL

How are you feeling Cyndee? better I hope!
February 15th, 2011, 06:26 AM
That's really great Kim! It's always nice and motivating when hard work pays off, especially in the first year of having a baby.

Yay for Sydney! I know she can do it, I hope she catches on really quick and finds lots of pride and accomplishment in PT! I know it really empowered Maddie once she got it, and she only had maybe 5 accidents at night before that was tackled too.

I still feel sick but sucking it up and I am at work today. Since I missed monday I don't get my day off with Maddie on Friday like I wanted to. Bri is goign to take off and get us ready to go to DE for the weekend.

I hate services with poor support. 2 weeks and no reply and their 'live chat' has no operator. No phone number listed. Nothing. Grr!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search