FEBRUARY HUGS AND lOVE DAILLY CHAT

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sorry you still aren't feeling well and that you can have a your Maddie and mommy day Friday, that stinks! it has been a bad winter as far as illness goes! I had a stomach bug a couple months back and I seriously thought I was gonna die, it was dreadful!

it is only Tuesday and I am already looking forward to the weekend LOL, temps in the 60s Thursday and Friday, woot! spring fever will be in full effect!
February 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I'm feeling better. Sometimes the best medicine is just getting back to normal routines.

A JM mommy lost her 5 year old daughter yesterday after flu complications resulting in pneumonia. I think she had other health issues but I'm not sure of the details. I feel so awful for her today and saying prayers for her and her family. So sad

Still now executed lease renewal back from our landlord. Lease is up in less than 2 weeks. He approved the renewal in December but hit us with this option agreement and ridiculous price on the house. It's eating me up.

February 15th, 2011, 09:07 AM
I hope you get good news about the lease renewal!

I saw that about the JM loss, very sad

I found out yesterday my old boss passed away over the weekend, I loved her! she took early retirement right before I had Sam so that she could spend time with her family, specifically her new grandson who was born just 3 weeks before Sam was. She didn't even get to see his first birthday her death was sudden and just goes to show how short and fleeting life is, she was only in her early 60s. I am glad she got to spend a lot of time with him in those short 9months but so sad that he will never "know" her. She was a great lady and will be missed by many.
February 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM
I'm sorry for the loss of your colleague Kim. That stuff really makes me think, and makes it even harder being away from my mom. My mom and I get along great and I feel so guilty about this missed time with her. She's only been around Maddie a week or so a year too, and I don't think we can afford the grand to fly down this summer when we are trying to save up for a house.

I'm so over this week and ready for the weekend. I think I may leave work early on Friday to leave for DE. My FIL has been such a dick lately it's hard to tell when he's joking. I asked if they minded watching maddie so bri and I could go out for a bit one night this weekend and he was like 'no frickin way, i knew they were going to ask us to baby sit'. *** she'd be asleep!!! 20 mins later he replies with 'i was just kidding' yeah. sure. now I don't even want to go. It's been months since B and I have had any one on one time. So annoying.

February 16th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I hope you get to go out for a date night! Hopefully your FIL was joking, people are weird sometimes I desperately need a night out! Maybe I will get one in June while on vacation LOL seriously it seems like something always comes up preventing us from going out, it stinks! I love my kids and my family but sometimes I miss being able to drop everything, drive to the city, drink for hours, dance, get loud and crazy and crash somewhere other than my house. oh well I am 36 maybe those days are a thing of the past

I really wish my boss would call me and tell me if I am getting reassigned I don't care either way I just hate the waiting game and feeling in limbo. On one hand going to a new unit would be a new adventure and challenge on the other it would be nice to stay in my comfort zone. Whatever the case I just want to know so that I know!

I think we are going to try and go out to dinner tonight, brave souls that we are LOL hopefully there are no fits, whining, tantrums or incidents!
February 16th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Good Luck with that

I may hit the park on our way home today. It's dry and almost warm. Maddie will be really surprised!

February 17th, 2011, 05:25 AM
we made it out to dinner with no fits, whining, tantrums or incidents! go us! Sam was wooing the waitresses the whole time, I swear that kid is a ladies man already. and Syd did have to go to the bathroom like 25 x (ok 3 but still LOL) but she stayed dry all day yesterday in panties, woot! she has been wearing panties full time (except for bed and nap) and only had 3 accidents, 2 Monday and 1 Tuesday. Maybe we are finally on our way to being potty trained! woo hoo! helps that her 2 best daycare friends recently moved to the Preschool room at school, Syd is soon to follow but has to be 100% trained I think she wants to get back with her friends ASAP so that is added incentive for her.

Mid 60s today! can't wait to play outside after work!
February 18th, 2011, 08:46 AM
That's quite an accomplishment Kim!

I just found out I have Monday off. What to do....

I think Brian and Maddie are coming to take me to lunch, I'd love that. I got to work super early (before 8) this morning so I can leave early to go to DE tonight for the weekend.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

February 18th, 2011, 08:57 AM
No accidents since Tuesday! not even at nap time, she does still wear a pull up to bed though and it is usually wet but that's ok by me, for now I will take daytime dryness and deal with night time later. WOOT!

Have a fun weekend! we have no plans just errands and maybe I can convince my friend to hangout tonight for some drinks, we'll see she is flakey. if not her maybe Bri (our Bri not yours LOL) will come hang out, he at least will have drinks with me, DH never does LOL
February 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hey ladies! Busy Busy Busy! hope all is well.

Kim how is the Potty Training going? I hope everyone has been healthy. I've been thinking about your night out in the city idea and I think we could maybe do something like that in march if you guys are up for it. If not we can try something closer to home. hope you guys are enjoying the new TV!

February 23rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
potty training is going good, aside from pooping anyway, she always waits until her pull up is on before bed to poop, she has always had pooping issues though so I am just going with the flow. During the day I am going to say she is pretty much trained, been wearing panties and staying dry. Once the pooping issue resolves we will be golden!

we do need to plan something, I need adult time ASAP! seriously I am feeling in a funk and isolated lately, total bummer! We will figure something out and get together soon!!
February 24th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Well I just filed our taxes. We'll see if I did it right and if the IRS accepts it. It's hard with the Schedule C and home office deductions and crap but I used the software I had used a few years ago for 3-4 years worth of returns and never had a problem. State I'll do separately later on.

Got not plans this weekend. Getting Mega Mind tomorrow after work to watch with Maddie and have an 'alien movie party'. I invited a friend over so we'll see if they come. I doubt it tho.

I'm so ready for February to be OVER! No wonder they made this the shortest month. The last full one of of winter. 24 days till spring!

February 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM
I am ready for March and warmer weather, I am in a funk and just blah! my parents are coming for the weekend, I am hoping to get some down time and maybe take a nap. I have had a headache for the last 3 days and it is grating on me!

I got your email this morning Cyndee but for some reason I can't get back into my email to respond, tech difficulties I guess I don't know FML! but it all sounded great! I need to talk to my parents this weekend and see what their thoughts are with keeping the kids overnight and when they are avail to do so in March, I know they won't have an issue watching them I just worry about Syd and the bedtime meltdown that will no doubt ensue when I am not home Maybe Jon and I should try a trial run this weekend, he and I could go maybe go out somewhere close to home that way we can test the waters and still be close in case of an "incident" we will figure something out. I need a freaking break, a night out isn't much to ask for *sigh*
February 25th, 2011, 07:23 AM
10 Reasons Why Kim Should Not Be In A Funk:

1. She just got a raise, a bump, and some renewed job security.

2. She has a beautiful home and wonderfully nice family. Her sister is pretty cool too.

3. Her kids are beautiful and good hearted souls.

4. She is a knockout.

5. A nice relaxing kicked back fun weekend is just a few weeks away.

6. Just a month to go until it's officially spring!

7. Her husband is funny, resourceful, smart, and while a PITA at times, totally fully in love with her and a devoted father.

8. Just think about the skunk story and you have to crack up and smile

9. She makes really awesome friends.

10. It's Friday!!!

February 25th, 2011, 08:01 AM
aww you rock Cyndee! thank you! all of that is true (well maybe not the knockout part but......LOL) I sometimes forget how blessed I am! thanks for reminding me! you are pretty awesome too!! it would be easier to remember if my **** headache would go away! seriously day 4 and the only thing that makes it stop it Tylenol Sinus and that is short lived, the rain is also not helping!

I am so sorry I didn't get a chance to email you back yet, I have tried a few times but keep getting interrupted with work issues, work is crazy busy right now with the transition hopefully it calms down soon! at any rate I am going to talk to my parents this weekend and see what their thoughts are on an overnight babysitting venture, more to come! I am so glad it is Friday!

Any fun plans this weekend? I saw on FB you are having a Megamind party, fun! wish we were closer! I think we will rent or buy it this weekend too!
February 25th, 2011, 09:46 AM
No worries on the email thing. I'm going to surf around for ideas.

I'm getting MegaMind on Netflix, I was going to get in in blu-ray but I'll wait until I find it for a good deal. Kim and her son are coming over to watch it, her DH is going out with people after work so she's going to hang here. I haven't seen it yet, she has and they loved it.

No plans this weekend. Just clean the house, fill out a mortgage application, try to finish our taxes (it got rejected, trying to find out why), and plant my vedgie seedlings and do some arts with Maddie.

February 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Big Boomers Out there!!! I love a good thunderstorm. DH and I used to have nookie on the patio of our townhouse in boca when it was storming really hard hehe

Kim check out the suites at the Hyatt Bellvue

I paid less than $50 shipped for all this

NWT

Everything I get from this site is in like-new condition. I don't even think these ladies put the clothes in the dryer.

I love shopping for spring/summer clothes!!

February 25th, 2011, 10:41 AM
hope the taxes thing works out and it is something simple. Sydney is going to the dentist tomorrow for the first time! I am scared LOL I called to make an appointment and they happened to have a cancelation and since she said Sat are hard to get I figured I better take it. I am dragging my mom with us, maybe she will help distract LOL wish us luck! I am so worried she will have a mouth full of cavities or something, I sure hope not! that would make me feel craptastic! I also know she needs to have that little piece of skin that connects your lip and gum together snipped, hers is connected way low on her gumline causing a big gap in her front teeth, my research has found that clipping that skin prior to her permanent teeth coming in will likely remedy that issue, no idea how or when they will want to do that *sigh*

those clothes are super cute! need to check that out!

Last edited by kimmiejo; February 25th, 2011 at 10:43 AM.
February 25th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Maddie tore her frenum when she fell with a spatula in her mouth 'helping' me unload the dishwasher when she was like 18 months old. Bled so much I took her to the ER!

Good luck tomorrow. I know maddie has one, we are waiting on insurance to kick in.

February 25th, 2011, 11:19 AM
ouch! actually our pedi told us that generally kids will rip it during a "routine fall" LOL and then is doesn't need to be clipped but in all her falls in her 3 yrs she has yet to rip it so IDK. Sam has the same exact thing going on, big ole gap! of course he is seriously like a freight train running over stuff and falling all over the place, he is just into everything lately. I have a feeling he will rip his back on his own LOL, he is totally all boy weird how that works

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search