FEBRUARY HUGS AND lOVE DAILLY CHAT

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2011, 08:44 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
How is everyone today? Can you believe its February already where did the time go. Hope everyone is doing well.

February 1st, 2011, 09:14 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just want to get thru Feb and move on the March and April LOL, I am so ready for spring! Sam is on his second nap of the day, the poor kid is wiped out from being sick I guess, he never naps this much! oh well I am just zoning out on the couch and enjoying the quiet......it won't last

In good news we officially booked our vacation beach house! woot! we were going to go to Brigantine but the house we were getting sorta fell thru, well not really but the guy was acting weird and I just didn't trust him so we ended up booking one in LBI, Jon's college friend lives there and found it for us thru a realtor he knows. Yay! something to look forward too! Come on June 18th LOL....we are going with my parents so Jon and I might even get some nights out to ourselves since my parents will babysit and the kids will have some "friends" to play with since DHs friend that lives there has 3 kids, 2 of which are pretty much the same exact age as Sydney and Sam. Much needed vacation!
February 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so happy February is here & would really love to skip through to June - it's going to be a rough couple months for me

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

February 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
That sounds awesome Kim. I really need to plan us something to do this year.
We have never taken a vacation.

I'm always trying to cover my DCP's vacation time so unless we can sync up vacation time (hard with DH's work) we can never really go anywhere. Last year I just went to FL with Maddie but we haven't done anything as a family yet for more than one night.

February 1st, 2011, 12:50 PM
this will be our first real vacation since Sydney was born. Not sure how much of a vacation it will be with a 3 yr old and 13month old LOL but I am staying optimistic, at least my parents will be there for backup oh and we are taking the dog LOL....it is a 4bed 2bath house 1 block from the beach, it is really close to the amusement park and water park at Beach Haven, looks pretty nice! I am excited. I need a countdown ticker LOL we showed Syd the house online and now she keeps asking when we are leaving to go to the beach LOL
February 3rd, 2011, 05:01 AM
OK well after nearly a week of sickies, ice, daycare closures, everything going wrong that could I "think" just maybe we are on the upswing. Both kids back to daycare today, DH at work, I am at work and it is actually quiet! whew! let's hope we can at least finish this week with some normalcy! My house looks like a bomb went off in it, with any luck it will get cleaned up today! and hopefully this weekend we can start getting stuff for Syd's party on the 12th, it is fast approaching!
February 3rd, 2011, 06:20 AM
That's good Kim. I'd like to chat with you sometime, maybe Saturday evening if you are around. I'll be babysitting Sat night and he goes to bed by 9 so I'll have like an hour to kill. I just want to vent to a fellow female

February 3rd, 2011, 06:37 AM
Sure Cyndee, anytime you want to call feel free! Even if you want to call me during the day while you are working you can, I am home and mostly available. or you can always PM me here on JM that is "safe" LOL I hope all is ok!
February 3rd, 2011, 06:58 AM
Everything is good! I'm could just use a friend, I feel like I'm flying solo so much of the time and everyone is so demanding or wanting something from you, it's nice to have a friend sometimes. I'm sure you can relate after a week of sickie hell you've been through. God I need an outlet. This is by far the hardest time of the year on your soul. I've started my seedlings just to see something green and growing again. Madison has been insanely demanding and impatient and not STTN again. The past couple nights I hear a THUMP and go in her room and she's sitting up in bed, semi conscious, totally freaked out. Last night she said the monster woke her up, that it looked like a scary animal and came very close to her. Freaked me out!

February 3rd, 2011, 07:17 AM
OK glad all is OK, I hear ya on feeling lonely, I do too! and yes this time of year makes it even harder, I feel like a shut in who never leaves the house! at least in the warmer weather I can go outside and chat with the neighbors LOL. Sorry Maddie is having sleep problems, that is freaky. Syd still wakes up a couple nights a week I feel like I am just on auto pilot and just deal with it, I am not sure what else to do she is just a restless sleeper, I feel like she cannot just lay down relax and sleep. I think I am gonna ask her pedi for a recommendation for maybe and herbal supplement that kids can take? I really don't know? I tried chamomile tea but she won't drink it
February 3rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
I give maddie 'placebo' meds to calm her down still - teething tablets/pellets/strips. They have chamomile and belladonna in them. Maybe they will help Sydney?

I think I'm going to put the christmas lights back up in maddies room. they are 8 hour led lights and i think they help dispell her fear of that dark nook in the front of her room between the 2 closets. I know when the wind blows it rattles the door that leads outside (outside storm door I think) and she may think that something is trying to come out of her closets. I'm going to have to have DH go up there and nail it in or something.

February 3rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
I found out that Hylands makes a calming med, Calms Forte 4 Kids, it is for kids 2+, pretty much just calming herbal supplement, I think I may order some and see how it works? doubt it can hurt. she just can't settle and honestly both DH and I are that way too, I take Melatonin before bed to help me turn my brain off LOL I think that is sort of Sydney's issue too.

I bet the door is scaring Maddie maybe? I have noticed the last few months that Sydney is aware of "being scared" I think they are just starting to understand the feeling KWIM? we keep a night light on in her room and I have been keeping the door open and that does seem to help Syd a little bit because now she can look out her door and see our room, I think that helps her feel more secure IDK? also Sam (and I hate to complain because he is a good sleeper LOL) but he is waking up at 5am every morning and wanting to be up for the day! 5am and me do not mix well together
February 3rd, 2011, 11:28 AM
So I'm still trying to think of what to get Sydney. Here are a few ideas:
Rainbow for her room like I got Maddie
Baby doll that pee's (might help with PT?)
A variety of books that Maddie really likes (kind of boring haha)
Ant Farm
Alex Toys My Giant Busy Box (great fun and easy crafts all inclusive, much she can do on her own too)
Crayola GlowStation or Color Explosion (mixed reviews)
A Mobigo Game - Toy Story or Dora

February 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicyn View Post
So I'm still trying to think of what to get Sydney. Here are a few ideas:
Rainbow for her room like I got Maddie
Baby doll that pee's (might help with PT?)
A variety of books that Maddie really likes (kind of boring haha)
Ant Farm
Alex Toys My Giant Busy Box (great fun and easy crafts all inclusive, much she can do on her own too)
Crayola GlowStation or Color Explosion (mixed reviews)
A Mobigo Game - Toy Story or Dora

any of the bolded sound great! she already has a doll that pees and I am not sure she would like an Ant Farm due to her aversion to bugs in general LOL......although ya never know she might like it!? never can tell, so long as it isn't a "stink bug" farm she might be ok with it Books are always great, she loves books and reading but we do have like 1287689 books LOL so you may want to check the titles with me to be sure they aren't dups. Honestly whatever you decide will be perfect I am sure! Like I said she is pretty easy to please at this point. My sister texted me yesterday that she got her the Lego City House, she has been asking for that since she saw it in a Target book before Christmas, it is for 5+ but whatever, Jon can help her put it together
February 3rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Kim does she like games at all? Maddie really loves curious george beach game, lucky ducks, and hungry hippo.

Books I was thinking "sometimes I feel like a storm cloud" "Ella Kazoo Will Not Brush Her Hair" and/or "Three Nasty Gnarlies"

That lego city house is huge! I'm all paranoid about getting anything with small parts that Sam might get his hands on.

February 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
yea the small parts are a concern but we just keep all those kinds of toys in Syd's room, we do the best we can and just try to keep a close eye on him, of course the other day I fished a fruit loop out of his mouth, boy was he pissed I took it away LOL

she doesn't have any of those books so they would be good! she is starting to like games, I was actually considering Hungry Hippos for her but just didn't get around to buying it, I think she would like it!
February 4th, 2011, 08:44 AM
TGIF ladies! I am looking forward to a relaxing and productive weekend, I still feel like I have a cold but I am determined to make this weekend a good one LOL. So far today I have done laundry, vacuumed and worked out! I am determined to be bikini ready by our June vacation! I wanna be a MILF oh and of course I am working too and that has been productive today too! go me! I hope I can keep up the optimism.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?
February 4th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Don't mention Bikini. I just had papa johns cheese sticks for lunch

Have a meeting with my landlord and his partner tomorrow, they want to get us in a position to purchase the house from them. I'm nervous. Everywhere I read it says that a lease option to buy is a good situation for both parties but the numbers don't make sense to me and the house needs work and an inspection. I don't know, I guess you have to start somewhere. There is potential.

Did a pre-run through out taxes and it looks like we owe again. being on the bottom rung of our tax bracket sucks, I even had them take out extra out of each check this past year too.

February 4th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Kim you should jump into the Jan PR if yours is dead. We are a lively bunch.

Things are weird here at the office this week. My one boss divorced his wife for his mistress and has moved her cross country to here to be with him. Apparently he bought his old house from his exwife and is moving his GF in to his old home. That's got to be kind of weird, basically removing your wife and kids from your own house. My other boss is MIA and I just kind of want to slip out of here and get some down time.

February 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Maybe I will, I don't want to intrude though LOL but thanks I will think about it!

that is weird about your boss, he could of at least bought a new house for he and his mistress LOL.....we had a weird work week too, tons of layoffs in our department, one included my direct report boss so now I have a new direct report boss whom I barely know which makes things a little awkward but whatever at least I made the cut and still have my job! I would never find another work from home gig and I don't want to lose it!

Good luck with the meeting with your landlord!

we are getting our taxes done tomorrow I hope we get a decent amount back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search