March Chat Thread......

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2011, 07:48 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Oh Kim I'm so sorry, I hope he is OK. Sending some positive healing thoughts and energy out to your dad today.

I'm totally entranced by this situation in Japan. Those poor people

Our weekend was mellow. I really need to clean my house from top to bottom but I didn't do anything. We got Maddie a little swing set, worked on landscaping, I picked up some cheap outdoor furniture - 4 pieces for $10 - it's amazing what I can fit in my Honda I swear, sold her old slide on CL, made lots of treats and just hung out. I'm dog *** tired today.

March 14th, 2011, 08:10 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks, I am just worried about him, it is scary and not being there makes it worse. I wish I was there so I could speak to the Dr first hand rather than get info second hand from my mom and sister, not that they are dumb or anything it's just I worked with cardiologists for a long, long time I know their lingo, I wish I was there is all. If he ends up needing surgery or anything I am going to leave ASAP, hopefully I know more by the afternoon, my sister said they are going to do a cardiac cath and other tests so hopefully we have the full picture soon....worried, worried, worried. Not a good start to the week and I think I have a UTI which is obviously nothing in comparison but it is annoying, wah!
March 14th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Please keep us posted.

I have to take Maddie back to the DR tomorrow morning for this weird rash that just won't go away. It bothers me more than it does her I'm sure.

March 14th, 2011, 01:00 PM
sorry she is still having bum issues. hope it resolves soon.

update on my dad is that he is still in the ER waiting for a bed and having a gazillion tests, they are checking him for pulmonary embolisms (which is my biggest worry) they found some fluid on his lungs and he for sure needs to have a cardioversion to get his heart back to normal but they have no idea when that will happen, they have to wait for all the tests to come back first. They have him on IV blood thinners and basically for now it is a waiting game so it is going to be a long night I think, I doubt I will sleep well until I know exactly what is going on......and I really need to call and make an appointment for my pee-er (sorry TMI) because it hurts/burns when I pee and I am pretty certain now I have a UTI but I don't want to make an appointment until I know what is going on with my dad and if I have to go up there *sigh* hopefully I can call in the morning and get in and if I have to go up to my parents I will just have to see someone there, my sister works for a gyn maybe they could see me quick and give me some meds, I really wish I could write myself a prescription for Cipro, guess I need to go back to med school
March 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM
How is your dad doing today Kim?

Last time I got a UTI I just called my GP and they phoned in a script. Maybe they can do that for you?

Took Maddie back to the DR and he says these new spots are a different issue, the other issue was resolved, these dots on her front are bacterial so I have to use anitbacterial soap and neosporin and hopefully they go away. If not we try something with more kick to it. I fear MRSA and **** so it bothers me way more than it bothers her. She was a giggly goofy butt in the DR office

March 15th, 2011, 11:20 AM
My dad is doing better today, they have been adjusting his medications and his heart is currently back to normal without having to have the shock procedure. He is feeling much better. They are going to keep him for a few days to make sure it stays normal though and they have to make sure his meds are all right before he can leave, he will have to be on beta blockers and blood thinners from here on out, he isn't happy about it but oh well! he will have to deal! my mom is already harassing him about his eating habits and ready to go out an buy him a treadmill My parents were supposed to come down this weekend to watch the kids so DH and I could go out in the city with all his old college friends, that won't be happening, oh well I am not that sad to miss it, if DH wants to go he can go alone no biggie.

Operation get Sydney to sleep on her own got derailed with being away this past weekend and then the time change has her all messed up she doesn't want to go to bed until 10pm! FML!! tonight we are getting back on track with it though, enough of this nonsense!!

sorry Maddie is still having rash issues, hopefully it clears up soon! at least you are staying on top of things before it gets too bad!
March 16th, 2011, 06:12 AM
I surrender!!! someone save me! First my dad in the hospital where he remains, then my UTI which I got Cipro for and it is making me ILL! my stomach is feeling blah! and then Sydney woke up with a 104 temp complaining of a sore throat and a horrible cough. seriously it is only Wed and this week sucks! vent over......for now!
March 16th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Yikes Kim
I tweaked my back having sex in the bathroom yesterday morning lol that's my only complaint. Getting old sucks!
I wish I could come help you guys out this weekend so you can get out and have some fun. Sounds like a hellish week

March 16th, 2011, 09:18 AM
well pedi thinks it is the flu, so he put her on Tamiflu after a dose of Advil this morning she is acting fairly fine, she just has a bad cough. she is currently running around like nut! so she must not feel too ill but once the Advil wears off she might. Guess we will see. I took off tomorrow just in case. my dad needs to have a cardiac cath now, either later today or tomorrow. blah! hope it is ok and they don't find any blockages. Terrible week so far! by Friday I am going to need a drink! maybe 10!
March 16th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I'm so sorry about your dad. I'd be a mess too if that was my dad. Sending positive thoughts for a clean test.

And I hope the Cipro stops bugging you. The flu is better than Strep, that is awful illness, if you have to pick your poisons. I bet Syd is back to normal by this weekend.

I wish I could come out and join you on Friday but I volunteered to baby sit - Kim and I do an exchange and I owed her one before an overnight sit - but I think that's not going to happen any time soon either. So maybe next weekend we will meet up with one of Brian's cowokers, some chick he wants me to meet, and if she flakes than maybe hit Redstone and the pub and be in by 11. I'm not wasting an overnight sit just sleep at home lol.

This is the last week of winter, I truly hope this is the last of the sickies for you guys!

I decided to pass on those SP tickets b/c I can't use them on any of the time I have to take off while Kim is on vacation (June and August). So I think I'm going to get the 2 day for 1 day price pass and take her twice this summer during the week.

I'm fearing bathing suit time. I really need to set a work out regiment, but I hate it so much. I'd rather be out doing something than following a video or whatever.

March 16th, 2011, 10:09 AM
yea Strep is terrible so I am happy that isn't it! hopefully it is short lived, she had the flu shot so maybe that will keep it to a minimum, who knows!

My dad is feeling a whole lot better but they still just want to double check everything before they allow him to leave the hospital, I am pretty thankful for that. I have been giving my mom and sister lists of questions to ask, a cardiac cath was on that list so I am glad they are doing it, better to find something now then when it is too late! the drs are probably glad I am not actually there bugging them

As for an overnight get away I really, really want to do it! but now that my dad is having issues I have no idea when the chance will even come. He is probably going to need to stay close to home for a little while at least. I don't really have anyone else to watch the kids overnight. My niece would probably do it if she is ever free, oddly she has a new boyfriend who just so happens to have a 3 yr old! how crazy is that?? he is very involved with her too not a deadbeat teen dad so that's good, seems like a good guy. I guess Sydney may have a new playmate, things seem to be getting serious between them, maybe he could bring his daughter along to entertain Sydney LOL

I have been working out a lot and I still have a gut, not happy about that at all! hopefully once I can get out and walk/jog it will get better, I hope so! I also need to get my belly button re pierced because I have a hole and it looks awful but I can't get the piercing thru the hole, it closed somewhere in the middle which sucks! before I can be bikini ready I need to get that taken care of LOL
March 16th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I hear ya, family always comes first. I'm sure in a few weeks your dad will be feeling great! Maddie has been wanting to 'snuggle' every night before bed and I am so scared to knowing what you guys are going through. I know she just wants a few minutes and I can still leave her awake but I'm weary of starting any new habits, although it's totally normal at this age. My friends son would never fall asleep without her except when I'd baby sit, he'd ask me to lay down and I'd simply say no, he's a big boy but if he needed anything he could call me and I'd come. Never heard a peep after that
Maddie's new thing is to come into our room when she wakes up to snuggle, which is a great way to wake up. Except she tried doing it in the middle of the night last night and I end up making her so uncomfortable that she goes back to her own bed willingly lol

March 16th, 2011, 01:23 PM
My biggest issue is that I as a child coslept until I was at least 6! I never went to bed on my own as a little kid so part of me feels like oh what the heck it won't last forever and I turned out ok (well I suppose that is debatable LOL) but IDK while it would be much easier for her to lay down and just go to sleep I know she won't be 15 wanting to snuggle with mommy. being a parent is hard sometimes and honestly sometimes I am just plain lazy it is far easier to just lay down with her and not deal with it, my bad, I know LOL we are working on it though, it is a process though that's for sure!
March 17th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Good morning!

The nuclear fallout situation in Japan is not looking good at all. Anyone trying to prevent the disaster is getting hit with lethal doses of radiation, even the helicopter pilots dumping water trying to cool the reactors. It's going to be a full scale meltdown at at least 2 of the reactors. Oh man Talk about going from bad to worse.

How is your dad doing today Kim? Did you get the test results?

March 17th, 2011, 06:24 AM
the Japan situation is terrible

My dad is being discharged today I think, woot! they decided to send him home on a monitor for a few weeks before doing the cardiac cath. His heart rate is controlled but he is still having episodes of a-fib which when controlled and on blood thinners is fairly benign so they just want to be sure his heart rate remains controlled and then they are going to do a full cardiac workup for blockages in a few weeks. They suspect his issue is just electrical in nature and not blockages because his labs are good, he had no chest pain or indication of any blockages or heart attack. He is feeling much better and his blood thinners are at an appropriate level and the meds seem to be doing the job. Good news! he will have to take it easy for a while but things are looking good!

Syd went to school today, her fever never came back and she is eating and acting fine, I wanted to keep her home today but she asked to go to school, she didn't want to miss their St Patty's party so she went and I saved the day off and I am working.

So anxious for the weekend, been a long, long week! Hoping to get out and do something fun on Saturday, no idea what. DH mentioned us going into the city to meet up with some of his friends since we can't go out Sat night but IDK, 2 kids in the city at a wrestling tournament??? doesn't sound all that appealing to me but we'll see I guess. We are going to be seeing most of these guys when we go to the beach anyway so if we miss them this time we will still have a chance to catch up with them. I would rather go to Please Touch or Franklin Institute if we are going to the city but I am giving DH the choice of what to do since they are his friends LOL
March 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
If you want to drop Syd off at our house for a few hours I'm sure I can keep her and Maddie entertained, that way you only have to worry about Sam at the tournament. Just an idea, we will be around and are just across the bridge.

March 17th, 2011, 07:27 AM
thanks for the offer, Jon is being indecisive (imagine that!) about what he wants to do so we shall see.

I wish I would of just taken the day off to sleep and clean, work stinks today LOL I should of taken advantage of getting the day off and used it!
March 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I need to do some massive cleaning to my house too. I've slacked the past 2 weeks and now it's driving me crazy. Everything has to be cleaned and my room looks like a laundry bomb hit it. Time to switch out wardrobes and do a closet clean out.

March 17th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I wish I could empty out my whole house and start over with cleaning and reorganizing LOL I need to do closets and cupboards and wash windows, if I only could find the time!

now my mom just called to tell me they are keeping my dad another day, his heart rate was up again this morning when he walks and they don't want to let it go so they decided rather than let him stay in a-fib they are going to do a cardioversion to try and get his heart back info normal rhythm, JC poor guy can't catch a break! they are going to do it this afternoon so hopefully he is out by tomorrow. I can't decide if we should go up this weekend or not, us taking 2 kids might be more stressful for him, we should probably just stay home. he says he feels fine and just wants to get the hell out of there
March 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I've sold some old toys and I want to get Maddie a new toy for spring. Which one would you choose?

Each costs $40

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search