March Chat Thread......

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the last one best, the wheelbarrow one, very cute! a close second would be the 1st option.

I can't wait to get the patio and deck and outside stuff set up! I am ready for 80 degree days!
March 17th, 2011, 11:47 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
She has a sand and water cart but I think it's getting boring for her. I'm thinking this summer we'll use it for quick play since it has a cover and uses little water and use the other one for the weekends. The garden cart is cute but it looks really small? I'm not sure if she's almost too big for it already. hmmm

March 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM
hmm not sure, the first one is really cute too and you can't go wrong with stuff that sprays water LOL.....the only thing we really need is a better pool I am sick of blow up pools we got a little plastic one last yr but it really won't be big enough for both of them I don't think. We are thinking of taking our fish pond out due to Sam and his fearless nature, I can just see him constantly in there! the kid is into everything already and he doesn't even walk yet! by summer time I will be a busy mama chasing him down LOL

Jon just emailed me a link to New Jersey Water Park Hotel & Indoor Water Resort | Mount Laurel, New Jersey | CoCo Key Water Resort said maybe we would go there this weekend and skip the wrestling tournament, it's in Mt Laurel, NJ sure looks like more fun then watching sweating boys tackling each other

Last edited by kimmiejo; March 17th, 2011 at 12:01 PM.
March 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
hmm not sure, the first one is really cute too and you can't go wrong with stuff that sprays water LOL.....the only thing we really need is a better pool I am sick of blow up pools we got a little plastic one last yr but it really won't be big enough for both of them I don't think. We are thinking of taking our fish pond out due to Sam and his fearless nature, I can just see him constantly in there! the kid is into everything already and he doesn't even walk yet! by summer time I will be a busy mama chasing him down LOL

Jon just emailed me a link to New Jersey Water Park Hotel & Indoor Water Resort | Mount Laurel, New Jersey | CoCo Key Water Resort said maybe we would go there this weekend and skip the wrestling tournament, it's in Mt Laurel, NJ sure looks like more fun then watching sweating boys tackling each other
Kim I pass that on the way to work every day and back. LMK if you guys go, maybe Maddie and I will meet you there. there is also Sahara Sams that's not that far from there too.

Could you guys maybe fence off the pond with pool fencing? It's so nice, maybe you could fill it in with rocks and keep the water flow? Hmmm...

March 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I will let you know if we decide to go, it looks fun, sorta pricey but we'll see it is probably worth it to get out of house and do something fun! I will talk to Jon tonight and see what he wants to do.

we could fence it or something, I think we will hold off doing anything and just see how he does around it, Sydney never really bothered much with it but my little man is a curious guy, if there is something within in 10 feet of him he shouldn't touch he bee lines for it LOL
March 18th, 2011, 07:02 AM
The top basement step broke (like the front 3 inches of the step broke off!) last night when Bri was going down there and he fell down the stairs landing on his back and tailbone. He's pretty hurt. I took pics and told the property manager and she was just like "is he ok? we will have it fixed, btw I'm going on vacation". Bri was in too much pain to go to work this morning, I'm trying to get him to go to the hospital to get checked out and get this documented. The fact that the top step was loose was noted in the move in condition notes document I gave them dated 3/10. We didn't know it was going to snap off though! Lifted the carpet to find screws loose and sticking up!

My boss says we should get him checked out and call an attorney. There is no way that remotely looks safe.

March 18th, 2011, 07:12 AM
that stinks, it def doesn't look safe. I have no idea how injuries work when you are renting? or if the fact that it was noted excuses it or what? I really don't know. He should at least go to the dr and have them check it out just in case if he is in a lot of pain. He could of cracked a bone or something. I am sure they have insurance on the place so I would think that would cover any costs? I am not sure I would call an attorney just yet but I am pretty passive with those kinds of things so maybe I am not the person to ask LOL hope he feels better!

I think DH is going down to the city today to meet up with his friends, I guess that excuses my duty of going tomorrow. I still don't feel great so it doesn't make me too sad.
March 18th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Yeah, the owner said their insurance would cover anything that comes up if he's hurt, but now the ball is in his court. Men and DR's don't usually mix so we'll see how he wants to handle it. I just HATE seeing people I love get hurt. I can't wait to buy and move out of this POS house.

March 18th, 2011, 08:00 AM
yes men are stubborn when it comes to medical care. Hopefully he goes and at least gets checked out if he doesn't and months from now continues to have pain the insurance company won't be fond of him not going in the first place, but you're right ball is in his court. and for what it's worth buying a house doesn't ensure safety I fell hardcore down our basement steps when we first moved in, those steps are like a death trap!!! there used to be ugly old carpet on them and they were so freaking slippery! right after I fell I yanked that crappy carpet right off LOL
March 18th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Well he's going to Urgent Care which has ER facilities like Xrays but a shorter wait and less crazy environment.

Maddie was cuddling with us this morning and she starts grabbing her back going "oh my back hurts" LOLOL We are getting old!

March 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
glad he is going......LOL that's funny! we are getting old Jon's back was hurting this morning from helping Sydney ride her tricycle yesterday, she couldn't make it up a hill so DH had to push her and this morning he could barely stand up straight LOL

So Jon just left to go into the city for the tournament, what are the odds that he will be home to pick up the kids like he said he would be???? remains to be seen LOL
March 18th, 2011, 11:36 AM
DH just left urgent care. They said he's banged up but don't see any indication of major injury and needing an Xray, but to come back in a week if he still has pain and they will do a scan then. They gave him a script for 600mg ibuprofen and sent him on his way.

March 18th, 2011, 11:48 AM
glad he is ok, hopefully he feels better soon!

well it is 2:45 and Jon said he was gonna be home by 3 I haven't heard a word, I knew he would get there and then not want to come home, not that I blame him really LOL but I have a feeling I will end up spending my Friday night alone with the kids, I don't care exactly, I think I am just jealous because I get zero down time to just relax with other adults....oh well such is the life of a mom I suppose. Maybe he will surprise me and come home as planned, never know!.......I need a drink and it's not even 3 yet!

I think we are skipping the water park, seems expensive and I think we will save it for when my parents are here to watch Sam, he wouldn't get much out of it at this age and I think it would be more fun if we could go and DH and I could both do the rides with Sydney, we'll see.
March 18th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah I agree, it's pretty expensive if you aren't going to utilize everything.

I hear you about 0 time with friends. Bri will get to go out for drink after work with coworkers every so often or go to parties (to which he says out all night), and I am lucky to have 2 hours out with Kim for appetizers every 6 months only to come home at 9:30 and have maddie still awake watching TV. My alone time is occasionally grocery shopping without Maddie. I say we put the guys on notice and just meet up somewhere in the middle sometime.

I wish I didn't have to work anymore today, it's so nice outside!!!

March 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I agree we need to meet in the middle somewhere, Hell I would be happy to just sit in my car with another adult LOL...... 3:15 and he is still there and giving me short 1 word responses on texts....yep gonna be a long night I can tell *sigh* times like this I wish I actually had friends close by I wish just one time I could go out somewhere and be like "oh screw it I am just gonna stay" and not worry about any responsibilities. sure must be nice!
March 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, but he does do alot and deserves some guy time too. I take those times and just say 'have fun' and know that i'll have one coming to me later on

Babysitting tonight and then mommy chat, which I'll likely skip and just watch fringe and try to get to bed early.

March 18th, 2011, 12:57 PM
eh well he just texted that he is on his way home so I guess he stuck to his word, my bad no clue what we are going to do this weekend, hopefully something though I need to get out of this flippin house for more than a 15 minute walk! working from home is a blessing and a curse LOL
March 18th, 2011, 06:22 PM
If you wanna pop this way there is always the childrens museum, our backyard, aquarium, please touch, indoor playgrounds here are cheap and there are a few to choose from, etc... Or you can drop both kids here and have a nice lunch out together for an hour. We are doing a cleaning fest tomorrow, sunday is wide open. Miss you guys!

March 21st, 2011, 07:01 AM
well it was a decent weekend, Saturday we went to an indoor playground near us in the morning, both kids had fun and then we played outside in the afternoon. Yesterday we did grocery shopping and then did some yard cleanup. This morning I woke up with a cold or allergies or something, I feel yucky and my dog has thrown up like 10 times since 4am, ewwwwww! not sure what is wrong with him.

How is everyone today?
March 21st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Hi Kim,
Doing good. Got a ton of cleaning done and a new bedding set, we are working on making our bedroom nice since we never really set it up after we moved in. It's time to put something on the walls!
Maddie was really great all weekend. We picked up that water table toy on our way home Friday and I baby sat from about 5:30 to 9, the kids had so much fun together. Maddie loves having friends over and the boy didn't want to leave, he wanted to sleep over, so maybe we will try that next time and we'll each have a regular overnight sitter
Did some shopping and stocking up, had a nice dinner last night together - it's rare we can all sit down to eat since DH get's home so late from work. Maddie fell asleep in my arms on the couch last night, so sweet. She didn't nap all weekend. I'm going to really miss the days when I can scoop her up and put her to bed without her waking up. She's growing up too fast.
I also got a chance to talk to my mom last night, it'd been a few weeks. Man I miss her. Everyone back home is doing good it seems.

Is your dad back at home Kim?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search