March Chat Thread......

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2011, 05:35 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
March already! woot come on spring!

Sydney was a bear this morning, nothing made her happy, hate mornings like that! by the time she got to daycare she happy so at least we had that going for us. Operation get Sydney to bed on her own begins tonight, wish us luck! last night was 1 solid hr of her making demands....I want to read a book, 2 books, 10 books, I have to go potty, I need a drink, I am hungry, I have a boo boo that needs a bandaid, etc, etc.......just go to bed LOL.....In good news I think we are pretty much officially PT she even slept in panties last night for the first time and was dry this morning, she had been wearing pullups and they were dry so I decided to try panties last night and it worked! she even pooped 2x on the potty at daycare yesterday. PT seemed too easy LOL, I fear a regression or something, oh well for now YAY!

So how is everyone? any plans for the weekend? I would like to do something fun Saturday but not sure what yet, I wish the weather would warm up for good because that provides more options. soon enough I guess.
March 3rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
That is great progress Kim! There have been a few nights we've had to ignore crazy demands and let her CIO 5 mins at a time (no worse feeling that sitting outside her room listening to her cry for you, ugh) but with consistency it was only 2-3 days and we got through it. I'm very careful not to go more than one or two times with a break in her normal bed time routine, because it takes only 2-3 times for a habit to form and her expectations to go awry.

Yay on the PT!!! I bet she champions it from here out! She's such a smart little girl. I've noticed many moms with infants had their toddlers set back with PT, Sydney seems to be back on track faster than any others I've heard about. Go Syd!

Today is freezing cold!!! OMG! I have no real plans this weekend. Lots of household shopping and stocking up, paying misc bills and I want to get my garden setup and enclosure planned. I may do more soil prep and we may do some mulching. My friend gave me a bike trailer so I'd love to test it out, Saturday should be the best day for that. And I really want to do something fun with Maddie since she's been so great lately. Not sure what though. I have to finish and send off the paperwork to enroll Maddie in preschool this fall too, I can't forget that. I wish it was a long weekend!

I'm thinking of seeing if I can find a sitter so Bri and I can go out to dinner, but I might save that for next weekend.

March 3rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hey Kim, how did Sydney do at the dentist last week?

March 3rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Actually her appointment was canceled at the last minute, blah! I wanted to get it over with! it was rescheduled for April 9th.

it IS cold out today! I am so ready for warm weather! I love the mornings that I can sit on my deck and drink coffee before work, I am so looking forward to that!

we have a bike trailer, Sydney loves going in it! I am looking forward to taking both kids in it this summer, it is a 2 kidder one LOL.......I can't think of anything fun and cheap to do this weekend really....I am going to look around online and see what I find, I really want to go to the Please Touch Museum but I am not sure the cost, maybe I will check the website for our township and see what discounts they have available.
March 3rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
I've been wanting to check that place out too Kim. Recycle bank has $2 off for 4 people that is a printable coupon. If you want I can give you my login to print it off at home. Children and Adults: $15 (Under 1 is free)

This place isn't too far from us, I may check it out this or next Sundaty Kid Junction Mount Laurel - Admission Information Seems reasonable.

March 3rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
that place looks fun! $15 isn't bad for the Please Touch I was thinking it was more. Our township doesn't have any good tickets on sale now, they are all ski resort tickets, they will have more stuff the end of March for spring activities it says. hmm I will talk to Jon and see what he wants to do, if you want to get together we could make it a playdate. I think Sunday Jon invited his mom and step dad over so it would have to be Saturday for us or next Sunday would also work I think if you wanted to wait until next weekend.
March 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
My MIL is driving me a little nutty with this home buying stuff. I'm waiting on the broker to tell me what paperwork she needs and my MIL is talking about making curtains for our imaginary house. Ugh. I love her enthusiasm but she get's pretty over the top.

I can't believe it's still freezing outside. Enough of this noise!

March 4th, 2011, 06:02 AM
yea she should probably wait until you guys decide on the house so that she knows what size curtains you need LOL......I often dream about my dream house and the curtains that will go in it though hahaha, I want a 1920s or 30s center hall colonial with wide crown moldings, archways, a wide open staircase and updated in period style detail kitchen and baths. 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. that isn't too much to ask for is it? my dream house is literally right around the corner from us, it was on the market a few years back for about $400,000 grand and it was crap hole then the new owners fixed it up and I want to kick them out and move in I love old houses!

so I asked Syd what she wanted to do this weekend and she said "read books all weekend" LOL she is a book worm these days. so maybe we will just go to the library or Barnes and Noble and hang close to home. night 2 of wearing panties to bed without incident, woot! and she pooped on the potty again yesterday.....could this be this easy??? I hope so!
March 4th, 2011, 06:43 AM
WTG Sydney!

We were invited to a park playdate tomorrow by Katie but I'm not sure yet. I was planning on doing errands (Bj's, Grocery store, drug store, pet store) and trying out the bike trailer but I think by mid afternoon Maddie and I may have shopping fatigue. I think we can do an hour after lunch. I don't want to turn her down.

Hey wow my direct deposit went through a day early, that's a nice surprise!

There's an open house for this new community I'm going to try to talk Brian into going on Sunday I think http://www.ryanhomes.com/community/n...our/matisse-3a It may be worth a look since it's in our price range. My FIL knows the builder through his business and says they are reputable and that township has good schools.

I think I am going to treat myself out to lunch today! I've been eating canned soup or leftovers for 2 weeks since we are trying to put a paycheck into savings this month. Things are loosening up now finally and I'm ready to stock up the house and breathe a easier.

March 4th, 2011, 07:04 AM
those townhouses are nice. there are a lot of townhouse/condo developments around us that are that style, they look nice and seem affordable! we considered a townhouse when we were buying but I just cannot give up my need for old bones in a house, DH and I had a very hard time finding a house because of that, I liked old he wanted new, I won and I think he is now on board with me so buying our next house should be easier. well easy in the sense of picking one anyway. good luck I hope you find something you like! they look promising!

I think Bri is coming over tonight to hang out and I may invite my girlfriend over too, haven't seen her in ages it will be nice to catch up with her even though her life has more drama than an episode of Jersey Shore, ha oh well a night with her is always entertaining. and I could use some entertaining LOL

Last edited by kimmiejo; March 4th, 2011 at 07:08 AM.
March 7th, 2011, 06:04 AM
We didn't go to the open house lol I kind of forgot about it

Good morning!

Rain is finally ended, sump pump is running non stop and our backyard looks like a lake. They are fixing our toilet today so DH has stayed home with the repair man. I am having a huge bag of home made chex mix for breakfast

Watched Due Date Saturday night and it was just ok, I didn't think it was all that funny. Paused it to catch Charlie Sheen's live ustream "show" and it was so dumb and boring and stupid I could only take 5 minutes. Uh, just because you act in comedies doesn't make you a comedian.

Got DH and my dcp hooked on Words With Friends, an interactive scrabble game you play on your phone.

Hoping for a nice relaxing week. Sending in the papers and check to sign up maddie for preschool tomorrow. Yikes!

I seriously hate the Progressive commercials, especially the radio ones.

March 7th, 2011, 06:35 AM
so happy the sun is out! a day of rain really makes me cranky! We were going to watch Due Date over the weekend but never got a chance good to know we didn't miss much!

Had a decent weekend, we didn't do much. Hung out a little with friends on Friday and then the rest of the weekend just ran some errands and stayed close to home. Sydney threw her first public temper tantrum on Sat LOL, at the bookstore, she usually reserves the major meltdowns for home but something set her off and she was like a crazy person! I marched her right out of there and wrestled her into the carseat kicking and screaming and then when we were just about home and she had calmed down she said "I want to go back to the bookstore" LMAO yeah right kid!! we played outside instead. oh well public tantrums are a parenting Rite of Passage so I can mark that one off my list LOL.....she was great all weekend other than that incident and we had a fun weekend watching movies and doing some art stuff together. Sam has mastered walking behind his push toy and is starting to stand alone without holding on, won't be long and my little guy is going to be off and running. They grow so fast!

Hoping for a fast uneventful week! not sure I will get it Sam seemed stuffy and his eyes were goopy this morning, not like pink eye goopy just like sick getting a cold goopy. maybe it is just teething, who knows!? he didn't act sick just seemed stuffy, time will tell.
March 7th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Congrats on the meltdown rite of passage lol

Maddie was great, funny, and happy all weekend, I didn't want to leave her this morning. She's been so pleasant and fun to be around. I really love that little goofy butt.

We are still dealing with the downstairs issue. It's red dots that start to crack that are popping up now. I have to do 3 'bum baths' (sitz) a day plus a cream and last night I finally got her to sleep without panties, so it's looking a little better but these (end of a pen sized) red dots are appearing randomly. I found 2 on her upper thigh today. I've changed her sheets, her panties 2-3 times a day, there's not much discharge, no smell, and it's not really bothering her, but it's driving me bananas. Poor thing. If it's not any better tomorrow I call the DR. A week is long enough.

I don't feel like working any more today. Ugh

March 8th, 2011, 06:50 AM
sorry she is still having girl part problems Hopefully it clears up soon.

another sunny day in Philadelphia! woot! I think I am going to get out and walk/run at lunch, operation MILF is in full effect LOL just over 3 months until Bikini Beach Vacation!

Sydney has been pretty good lately, her behavior seems to go in cycles. We had a bad patch recently and now we seem to be on the upswing. One thing I must compliment her on is how she has been lately with her brother. She has just been a great big sister lately. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that he is more like a real person to her now LOL, he is playing and trying to walk and will hug her and chase her and I think she is getting that protective big sister thing down. if he cries she runs to him and says "you ok buddy?" melts my heart it is great to see them form a bond.

can't believe it is only Tuesday! I need another cup of coffee ASAP!
March 9th, 2011, 06:05 AM
OMG DH is on my last nerve lately! men act like children sometimes I swear! the older I get the more I realize that men hold onto things far longer than women. things I just brush off and move on from he holds onto, literally like beating a dead horse! drives me bonkers! and it is dumb stuff too, stuff that literally does not at all matter in the grand scheme of life. I am close to putting my foot up his arse! that is all I just needed to vent for a moment LOL seriously I am about to lose my marbles over here!!!

Happy freakin' Wed girls!
March 9th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Yikes Kim, that stinks. Bri will hold on to stuff forever, even things that are out of my control can blow back now and then. It's a backasswards way of saying they need more positive attention too (aka, more than just the usually nookie). Well at least around here it is. I tend to let things go and try to reap the positive by being positive, but men are wired differently I guess.

Maddie slept without panties last night (its looks like its clearing up) but she woke up at 2am b/c she peed the bed for the first time since last August Poor girl. I'm going to have to find something else, like loose shorts or something for her to wear to bed b/c just a night gown and no panties confuses her body i think.

We are picking up a small 2 swing 4 leg metal swing set this weekend. Enough for just her and maybe one friend at a reasonable price. We don't want to invest too much until we buy a house but this will be fun for her and I'm getting a big slide from my friend for free to use with it. There's no sense in spending big $$ when we are trying to save up for the down payment.

She is totally obsessed with BUBBLE GUPPIES lately. It's a really cute show but man...

March 9th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Yes men are wired differently for sure!

Sydney has a few short set jammies, maybe they would work for Maddie? just like little loose shorts that come with a tank, maybe worth a try.

Sydney has been dry at night for a while now, so happy to only have one kiddo in diapers! woot! she has been pooping on the potty everyday at school too, woohoo!

I am sure Maddie will love the swingset, Syd spends a lot of time on ours. worth every penny!

Syd is obsessed with Dino Dan lately, very annoying show LOL

I think we are going to go to my parents this weekend, we need to get away for a bit, break the daily grind, plus my Dad's birthday is coming up so we are going to have nice family dinner with him, he will enjoy that. My sister just texted to tell me she bought Bambi for Sydney too, she wants to watch it with her LOL my sister spoils my kids like crazy, I know she misses hers because they are grown and at college and all but.....I think she should adopt a little kid, no joke. I do! she would be in heaven having another child.
March 10th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Ok cool, we'll get together another weekend then. Spring begins March 20th! Don't forget that DST is on Sunday too.

March 10th, 2011, 09:07 AM
we could still do a Sunday afternoon playdate if you wanted to, we are usually home by late morning from my parents. Up to you just let me know. I am not sure what the weather is supposed to be like this weekend, hopefully dry! this rain is miserable! I feel like I need a boat and our sump pump is working overtime!
March 14th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Hey girls! hope everyone had a nice weekend. We went to my parents it was nice but my sister just called me and my dad was just admitted to the hospital this morning all weekend he had a bad cough and was short of breath, of course he wouldn't go to the ER he said it was just a chest cold but this morning it got really bad so my mom made him go in and they admitted him, he is in atrial fibrillation (cardiac issue) they want to do a full cardiac work up and they have to control the a-fib either with meds or a shock to his heart to get it back to normal. they want to make sure he doesn't have any blockages and that he didn't have a heart attack. I feel scared. My parents have never been sick before, it sucks not being there for them. they don't want me driving there yet they told me to just wait and see what happens but it is hard. I know a-fib is pretty common, I worked in cardiology for years and years but I also know he likely has something else going on too which worries me. Hopefully I know more soon but any positive thoughts are appreciated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search