April Chat Thread!

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds good! anytime in the afternoon is fine we have nothing going on Sunday, talk to you soon! Enjoy your "day off" and time with the fam!
April 11th, 2011, 08:40 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Oh Monday, how I despise thee.
I could seriously use another day off. I decided to have a DR look at Maddie's tonsils tomorrow. I called the nurse and she said it's never normal to have swollen tonisls and it it means she's fighting something, so at least we can get a baseline on it. I'm starting to wonder if its why she wakes up freaking out almost every night at least once. Last night she woke up freaking out saying mommy was mad at her??? OMG I just kept saying i am happy and i love her and she went back to sleep.

Time to kick my *** back in gear today.

April 11th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I hate Mondays too! they suck!

I know I mentioned it on FB before but I had really big tonsils as a kid, my baseline tonsils were just big! and when I would get sick they would swell to the point that it was hard for me to swallow or breathe from my nose. I finally had them taken out along with my adenoids when I was in fifth grade, after that my chronic ear infections and throat infections magically stopped. it is good you are at least getting them checked.

Syd went to bed at just after 8pm last night and I didn't hear a peep from her until I had to wake her up this morning, knocking all kinds of wood here but she has been soundly sleeping without a peep almost every single night lately, I am sure tonight she will be up freaking about something now that I said that LOL

this weather is awesome!
April 12th, 2011, 07:26 AM
ha I knew I jinxed it! Syd was up like 3 times last night crying, not really up but crying in her sleep! I should know better than to talk about good sleeping LOL.....and to make matters worse when I picked Sam up yesterday at daycare he had a fever, teacher said he was fine all day but woke up from his last nap at just after 4pm and was warm, it was 101.6 when I got him home, gave him some tylenol and he was fine but he woke up at 3am screaming which is very unlike him, he hasn't had a fever since but he is home at the moment and going to the dr at 11 to have his ears checked, I am paranoid about ear infections because Syd has tubes. if they give the all clear I will send him to daycare, maybe the fever is just teething, he is cutting like 4 teeth at the moment, I hope that is all it is!

and it's only tuesday!
April 12th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I bet it is teething. I hope tonight is better!

Maddie wet the bed again last night I don't know what's up. I'm going to start waking her up around 11 before I go to bed again. Because she's also been having night freak outs again.

I took her to the DR just to have her tonsils checked out (dr says they are fine, big but normal) and he suggested putting her to bed earlier. It shoudl help both the night terror/freakouts and the regression with the bed. She's been pushing her bedtime back to 9 so tonight we are making sure she's in bed by 8 and see if it helps.

I'm feeling good today! I have a sore throat but I feel fine otherwise, my body is buzzing. I stepped up my work out to the second phase (ramp it up) and it's 20mins longer than the one I was doing all last week. It's tough but targeted and I am so proud of myself for getting to the end. Makes me feel awesome.

Just have to photocopy a bunch of stuff and then I'm shipping all the paperwork off the the mortgage people tomorrow. Eeekk!

April 12th, 2011, 08:35 AM
good for you! on the working out and the mortgage! that's great!

Well Sam has another double ear infection this is the 3rd one in like 4ish months I guess, he is on antibiotics and has to go back in 2 weeks, if they are still junked up he will be going to the ENT for tubes most likely. It isn't a huge surprise since Syd also has tubes but it still stinks! he isn't all that miserable but I know when he wakes up crying something is up with him because that just isn't like him. my MIL is coming over to watch him so I don't have to miss work so that's good!

I hope the earlier bedtime works for Maddie!
April 12th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Poor guy I would really go for tubes at this point. That's got to be awful

April 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM
yea I guess I will see what they say in 2 weeks and request to go, sooner is better if you ask me! sucks having to have a baby put under but the procedure is routine and quick and our ENT is pretty awesome so I feel confident that if he needs them all will be fine! right now he is in his crib babbling like a mad man, I think he is saying "get me out of here I don't want to nap!" but I can't be sure LOL

I have to go on Friday to get my ears flushed out, blah! seriously what is it with ears in this family LOL
April 12th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Oh man today is dragging so slowly.

There is only 2 of us in the office today, bosses are gone. Waiting on updates to finish some stuff. I'm totally ready to get out of here. I'd rather be working out.

April 13th, 2011, 05:05 AM
this rainy weather is the pits!

Sam is back to daycare today, his fever has stayed away (knock wood) and he has had 3 doses of meds so back he went, I wish I could of kept him home for another day to keep an eye on him but I can't miss work, blah!

I wish it was Friday!
April 13th, 2011, 07:01 AM
I left early yesterday so I could work out before I picked up Maddie. I'm getting frustrated at this weight plateau. How can you work out an hour a day, consume less than 1200 HEALTHY calories, and not lose an ounce? ugh.

We put Maddie to bed at 8 last night and she slept through the night, didn't wake to pee or freak out, and woke up at 6:45 happy.

April 13th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Try not to focus on the weight, muscle weighs more than fat so you could be losing inches and not weight. Just try to remember that any weight can look different depending on how tone that person is and how the weight is distributed, 2 people can have the exact same weight/height but still look very different. My advice is to limit weighing to once a week, not that my advice matters LOL but really how you feel and how your clothes fit is a better indication of the body transformation.

glad Maddie had a good sleep!

this day is already dragging!
April 15th, 2011, 05:06 AM
so glad it is Friday! my parents are coming for the weekend, hoping to get to the local Farmers Market tomorrow or Sunday for their annual carnival! should be fun of course it is supposed to rain tomorrow but oh well Sunday may be a better day. I am finally feeling better, haven't had a sinus headache since Monday (knock wood) I have to go to the dr today to get my ears flushed, that should be fun...not!
April 15th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Well the dentist visit was good for maddie but not so much for me. See my PR for details if you want.

Good to hear you are feeling better. I hope sam is recovering as well.

Our farmers markets don't open until May, I can't wait.

This weekend we are going to check out our garden plot, I got the assignment yesterday.

I'm still sick, working a half day to try to make up for some of the time I missed today. No one at work is speaking to me, I don't know what is going on.

April 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
uggg sorry about Maddie's teeth, I fear we may get the same result at the dentist, I know Sydney has at least one cavity I can see it *I think*.... anyway try not to beat yourself up, it happens and genetics plays a big role, one of the moms at Sydney's daycare is a dental hyg, she is super anal about teeth due to her profession and her kid had 4 cavities recently, she was freaking out! but said genetics has a lot to do with, so it happens! my only hope is that our kids get Jon's teeth, he has only had 1 cavity his whole life and that was just a couple of years ago, me on the other hand well my teeth aren't great.

Sam is fine, he actually was only off for that one day and has been back to normal since. I got my ears flushed, ewwwww it was nastly but I can hear better LOL

why is no one talking to you? that's weird
April 15th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Well my boss finally started back up, I guess he's got stuff going on in his life, but I get worried when no one replies to sick calls/emails. He said we have Good Friday off next week, sweet.

April 18th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Happy Monday! Sun is out, both kids up early, happy and out the door on time. Cleaned the bedrooms and started laundry already. Dare I say this is a good start to the week?! Hope it continues!

Had a nice weekend Saturday we didn't do much, yesterday we went to the carnival at the local Farm Market and then just played outside, good weekend!
April 18th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Sounds nice! Sat was cold and rainy, we did errands and played inside. Had a nice dinner. Sunday we did 2 egg hunts and had a big roasted chicken for dinner that was awesome. We are all still under the weather so we laid low. We did get Maddie a scooter which she LOVES to ride around the house.

April 18th, 2011, 08:52 AM
that's cool that Maddie likes the scooter, fun! I just ordered Sam's birthday presents, I got him a ride on trike (just one he pushes with his feet, no peddles), a tent tunnel thing (she loves crawling under and thru stuff), a Tonka truck and birthday board book. I think that is enough....for now anyway no doubt I will get him something else along the way LOL I can't believe he is going to be 11 months old this week, Holy fast year!
April 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Check out how cool this one is Kim Little Tikes Mobile Car Ride-On - Little Tikes - Toys "R" Us

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search