April Chat Thread!

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 09:53 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh that is cool!! it even has a cup holder LOL love it!
April 19th, 2011, 05:45 AM
only Tuesday! been a long week already! Sydney is driving me batty with her behavior lately, it is the worst from the time I pick her up from school until about 6pm, she seriously is just so grumpy and unruly that it makes me mental! I know a big part is that she is good all day and listens and follows directions, etc at school so when she gets home to her "safe zone" her behavior just goes to crap, I know she is just blowing off steam but we need to figure out a better way for her to deal with it rather than screaming and whining for a hr and a 1/2 straight! I have tried letting her play outside right after school, playing in her room alone for a while, playing one on one with DH or I, letting her watch TV to relax but nothing seems to work she is just GRUMPY and out of control with the fits for that time period. blah! anyway no point to that, it will pass at some point I am sure but it is frustrating when nothing appeases her and every little thing causes a meltdown!

anywho......I am excited for Easter, we are going to my parents, taking Syd to an Easter egg hunt on Sat and then family dinner Sunday, I will be meeting my neices BF for the first time, he has a 3 1/2 yr old daughter, not sure if she is coming or not but I think it is neat he has a daughter Syds age. and in other news about my niece, she is moving to our town in the summer! woot! I love that she will be close to me for her last year of college and it will give me a babysitter close by!! yay!

k enough rambling for now, I should try to get some work done LOL
April 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I hear ya. Mornings have been pretty bad for us. Maddie has been cranky, whiney, with 50000 "i want's' before I even get her down the stairs. At 6:20 she woke up "I want to go downstairs, I want to watch ariel, I want something".... I set her up with Little Mermaid II movie and a cup of water, said no to giving her candy 5 times and went back to bed for a half hour. Got up at 7, cut up some strawberriers for her, took a shower and then the real battle began - getting her dressed. Every day it's the same thing "I want to wear this (her nightgown)" Today I had to physcially battle with her to get her dressed and then put her rapuzle dress over it and she pouted and whined that she watned to wear it 'naked baby' not over her clothes. I put on her socks and tried to put on her shoes and she fought me "I DONT WANT TO PUT ON MY SHOEOEEEESSSSSS" Fine, I'll do it right before we leave. Then she's freaking out about her socks "I want them offff!!!!" Fine I tore them off and told her to stop freaking out, we get ready to go every day. If she wants to whine and cry she can go take a time out or go back to bed. I proceeded to finish getting ready for work, packed up lunch, finally DH came down and helped get her shoes on. As we are leaving she starts throwing a fit that she wants to bring her Scooter to kim's house. OMFG. Get in the car kid. Once in the car I told her she needed to change her tune and I didn't want to hear "I WANT" one more time! She got quiet for the first half of the ride, then started happily chatting about everything she saw on the way there and had me cracking up. By the time we got to daycare she was her happy usual self and I wanted to go drive the car off the nearest bridge. Holy Hell.

April 19th, 2011, 06:49 AM
LMAO exactly! that is Syd too! everything is a battle and a fit and then all of a sudden she just changes her tune and is happy again. When I pick her up from school she is always happy as can be and then at some point on the 5 minute drive home her attitude changes, the slightest thing will set her off, yesterday it was because I forgot wipes and "my hands are sticky!!!!!!! I need a wipe!!!!!!" well I didn't have one with me so I said we will be home in 3 minutes and you can get a wipe then, commence freakout!! which lasted on and off well after we got home, thru dinner and on our after dinner walk!, seriously kid LOL then as quickly as the freakout started it ended and she was running around laughing and giggling and singing. I think that maybe 3 yr olds are just a tad bipolar, or maybe they have PMS like symptoms or something LOL, this is going to sound nuts probably but I actually am switching our milk and milk products to organic, local, farm fresh, no hormone added milk because I started to worry that maybe the hormones in the milk I am buying are making her off balance, time will tell if uber expensive milk remedies her mood swings worth a try I think LOL, I am beginning to think that foods have a bigger effect on us than I previously thought, just wait I am going to turn into a hippy, grow my own food, buy my own cow kinda girl soon LOL....seriously though 3 is rough!!! the testing limits, the mood swings, my Lord! maybe I should skip the organic milk and just buy a case of Jim Beam...for me!
April 20th, 2011, 07:32 AM
I have Friday off and I'm not sure what to do with myself. If my inlaws come up for Easter then I'll clean but if not I don't know..maybe take myself to a movie and lunch?

April 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
enjoy your day off! I have to work Friday but I am off Monday, of course I have a lot to do so I won't be relaxing. Sam has a followup for his ears in the morning, Sydney has the dentist in the afternoon. oh well it is still a day off.
April 20th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Ah the dreaded dentist! I still have to make calls to get her insurance and figure out what's next, ugh.

I had to enforce a time out yesterday for the first time in a long time. She was acting crazy, not listening, yelling "i want...!!!" over and over while DH and I were trying to talk to on eanother. I had it. She freaks out for time outs and won't go in a corner so I basically had to corner her in and give her the but and counted to 60 twice, counting down each min. She cried the entire time. I turned around and talked to her and that was the end of the problems for the entire night. It sucks, but it works.

April 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Time outs are in full effect around here, crappy behavior all over the place! my nerves are shot! LOL

I am hoping the dentist goes ok, fingers crossed! the way things are going it likely won't
April 21st, 2011, 07:04 AM
Happy 11 months Sam!

I'm extremely busy at work. I have 3 pages of a legal pad full of ongoing/running projects and things to do, check on, follow up on, etc I took over 15 blogs this week that all need to be reorganized, updated, ads updated, and everything cleaned out. Plus my boss gave them 5 more HUGE sites to remove old advertisers, put up new ones, tweak and monetize them, yikes.

Gotta love work!

Bri did a work out with me past 2 days in a row. I think he's going to try ramp it up with me by this weekend too. That's so awesome! He got this weight gainer stuff from GNC and is using it and combined with working out he wants to start gaining in his arms and legs and putting on some muscle. He may even start going to the gym at his office with a coworker! I'm so impressed to see him making some positive changes with me, it's really contagious. My weight is still stalled but I'm looking better and I know it's just going to take time.

Last edited by *Cyndee*; April 21st, 2011 at 07:54 AM.
April 21st, 2011, 07:21 AM
I can't believe Sam is 11 months already! crazy! I guess I better send out his bday invites soon! speaking of which I need your address, I wrote it down before but can't for the life of me find it!

my work is crazy right now too, I know insurance companies are hated by the masses but I feel confident when I say that if people actually saw what we deal with on a day to day basis their opinion would likely change, seriously some days I feel like I am on Candid Camera or part of some secret experiment to see how much craziness one person can take before they lose their minds LOL

that's great Bri has been working out with you, helps stay motivated.
April 25th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hello all! Had a nice Easter weekend, Sam started walking woot! he isn't full time walking but since Friday every day he walks more and more! yesterday he walked across my sisters living room, twice! so fun!!

I was off today, took Sam to recheck his ears this morning, they are all clear! hope they stay that way! then I cleaned the whole house and now I am getting ready to leave to take Syd to the dentist, I am scared wish us luck LOL
April 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Good Luck! Hope it goes better than our visit. I made an appt with the new dentist today for may 12 and am moving Maddie to my health and dental insurance for a whopping $430 a month out of my check.

We had a nice Easter too. Friday I cleaned house on my day off, picked up Maddie around 2 and took her to Chuck E Cheese for some Maddie and Mommy fun. It was a madhouse b/c kids were out of school, oops.

Saturday it rained all day, I cleaned some more and shopped for company, made all the sides and salad for the next day. Sat night was awful, Maddie was up ALL NIGHT screaming and in pain. My Sunday started at 2:30 am, bri and I took shifts and I got about 3.5 hours total of sleep, I gave up trying to get her to sleep by 5:30 and started the day.

My inlaws came around 9 and we had brunch, did easter baskets, then DH and my FIL went to home depot to get gardening stuff for our plot and I took Maddie to Urgent Care with my MIL. She has an ear infection and we picked up meds and met them at the garden plot. 25x25 is a big area!! We tilled and got my seedlings in the ground and went back to the house.

Pulled out the blow up pool for Maddie and we had an early turkey dinner. They left around 5 and Maddie passed out on the couch for an hour and then finally went to bed at 8:30. She woke up at 10 crying and Dh found me asleep on her bedroom floor when he came up to bed at 1. Oops.

April 26th, 2011, 05:38 AM
sorry Maddie had an earache, that stinks! hope she is feeling better!

The dentist went well! Sydney was in a super good mood and did great, very cooperative! The cleaned her teeth, gave her a flouride treatment and best news is no cavities! I thought for sure she had one, I thought I might have seen something in one of her back teeth but both the hygenist and the dentist said nope, there are no cavities. So we just need to go every 6 months at this point for checkups and cleanings! the office was really nice, it isn't a pediatric dentist so I was worried but they were awesome with her!

this weather is great! I hope it stays nice! next Monday I am off with the kids because daycare has a "professional development day" so they are closed, I am hoping to take them to the zoo, fingers crossed the weather is decent!
April 26th, 2011, 09:55 AM
That's great news! So glad it went well for you guys. That's a big relief.

Got home yesterday and our AC was out. Bri ended up running to home depot at 8:30 to get a window unit so we could all sleep in our room and not sweat to death. It was 89 degrees upstairs and 85 down with 2 fans blowing and all the windows open. I put Maddie's toddler bed in our room and we camped out.

We had the same issue last spring so hopefully the guy gets out this evening to fix it. It's been too hot to work out and I need to get started again, I'm pretty down and out about my efforts and progress.

You don't have to mail me an invite, just let me know the date and time and we'll be there.

I could really use a night of room service, romantic comedies, and a big roman bubble bath.

April 26th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I sent you a message on FB with Sam's party info! I still can't believe he is going to be 1, it makes me a tad bit sad but at the same time I love watching him turn into a little person!

that stinks about your air we don't have central air and our window units aren't in. We are lucky that our house is stone/block so it stays really cool usually, except for like 100 degree days of course. Last night we slept with windows open and it felt awesome!

I just went for walk/jog the weather is perfect for it, there is a nice breeze today! I wish this weather would stick around!!

Syd starts soccer on Sunday, I cannot wait LOL should be interesting!

and don't be discouraged about your workout/weight loss, just stick with it and try to look at it as a lifestyle change, before you know it you will be at your goal!! you can do it!
April 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Back to working out today, air is fixed. Dh got a pass to the gym at his work, it's pretty small and exclusive so he's excited and he has a buddy at work to work out with too. He's going to watch Maddie for an hour when he gets home and I'm going to try the top level work out (burn it up) and kill myself for the next 3 weeks. If the first 2 levels aren't giving me results why keep doing them. Going for the toughest one and giving it my all. I got a free yoga mat yesterday too that I won from Dole so I get to try that out

I took myself out to lunch today (eat away from the desk yay!) for the first time in a month today. I had a chicken wrap. Today is just dragging by.

Going to make Carrabba's Chicken Bryan for dinner tonight, yum! I've been crashing on the couch at like 10 b/c I've been too tired to make dinner and Maddie hasn't been falling asleep until 9:30-10:30. God I hope she goes down easy tonight.

April 27th, 2011, 11:38 AM
today is going slow! the whole week is going slow, blah!

Sydney was in a foul mood this morning, I thought I would never get her out the door to daycare, that always starts my day on the wrong foot!

I need to do a ton of stuff before Sam's party, aside from the basics like food and supplies we need to mulch, plant flowers and all that jazz so the yard looks nice. There are not enough hours in my day

we are going to MILs for dinner so no cooking tonight for me! yay that is something good LOL
April 28th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Good Morning!

I did an hour workout, the most intense of the series, yesterday and I'm not even sore! WTH!!?? It was 65 mins of sweat. Going to keep it up!

I am thinking I may ship Sam's gift to you if I get the buggy, it won't fit in my car!
I also had a conflict, I received an invite to my DCP's son's 4th birthday party and it's on the same day But his party starts at 12 so I think we will stay until almost 2 when the entertianment is over and then head over, so we may be a little late. LMK if that's a problem Figures!

April 28th, 2011, 06:46 AM
WTG on the workout!

that's fine about the party, if you want to ship the gift that is fine too. Whenever you get here is ok, there is no end time so just show up when you can! I picked the 21st because it is his real birthday, I couldn't not do it on his real birthday LOL

this week could not possibly be going any slower, wah!! come on weekend!!
April 29th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Happy Friday! I have a 3 day weekend, woohoo! Tomorrow I want to plant some flowers and work outside. Sunday Sydney starts soccer! and Monday DH and I took off and we are taking the kids to the zoo (weather permitting) Should be a good weekend!

can I just say this Royal Wedding crap is on my last nerve! am I the only person who seriously could not care less about it? I do not understand the appeal....at all!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search