April Chat Thread!

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2011, 05:09 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Figured I should start an April thread, so let's chat it up ladies!

I went to the Dr yesterday, I have a sinus infection (which I knew) also my ears are messed up, my left one is slightly infected, causing my eardrum to bulge, it hurts slightly but I just figured it was pressure from my sinuses, my right ear has fluid on it and fluid and wax around the eardrum, lovely! now I am on antihistamines, antibiotics, I have to use and ear wash and drops and go back in a week to have my ears flushed out, blah!!!! Guess it is a good thing I went when I did. I took Syd with me and she was not on her best behavior, then as we were leaving the office to go to the pharmacy we saw a bike vs truck accident right after it happened teenager, no helmet got hit by a pick up truck, he came to and was freaking out and all bloody, his face was all road rash, his friend was freaking out and all the while I am trying to NOT let Sydney see this so she doesn't freak out!!! we were stuck in traffic I couldn't move anywhere and the kid was laying right in the road next to us! there were a lot of people and cops and ambulance came quickly but not before Syd saw the kids bloody face and said "he got hurt riding his bike? he didn't have a helmet? he should wear a helmet!" my little safety monitor LOL, then she was all "is he going to be ok?, where is his mommy?" Geez what a day!!!!

Anyway I still feel like poo, hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon, I went to bed at 9:15 last night I was sooooo tired! I slept pretty well and I am still tired, also I have AF, seriously am I being punked??

How is everyone today?
April 5th, 2011, 06:31 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
I'm such a bad host. I didn't even realize we were still posting in March. I've seriously let all my JM duties drop. After hosting for 3 years I'm burned out. I need to step down from chat too, just hard to keep it up.

That is seriously crazy Kim OMG that poor kid.

I hope you start feeling better really soon. I'm glad you went to the DR. Did you like the new DR? I have never taken Maddie to the DR with me, that has to be hard to focus on your own care while trying to take care of a rowdy toddler.

I wanted to ask you about Slimfast. I had ordered some samples of shakeology and almost puked when I tried to drink the GREEN smoothie I made this morning. I put fresh fruit and all kids of good stuff to try to make it good and it was insufferable. I want to get something I'll actually drink either for breakfast or a mid afternoon snack, that is high in protein. I think I'd like to try slimfast since they have tons of nutrients and 40% protein in it. I need some extra energy before my evening workouts, so I don't over eat at dinner or cheat before lunch the next day. (I am not a breakfast person but am trying to have an apple at least every day on the way to work). What's your opinion of it, it's it any good? Does it help at all?

April 5th, 2011, 06:46 AM
The new Dr was ok, he didn't speak perfect English which is fine but he was hard to understand at times, he seemed knowledgable and he was very nice, he was goofing around with Sydney and talking about his little girl, so all in all I like him and will go back, the language thing will work itself out as I get more used to him I think. I picked that office because DH knows one of the Drs sons but that Dr was all booked up so I got this one. all in all I was happy with the appointment and the office staff, plus it is close to our house, like 2 minutes away so very convenient and they have evening and Sat hrs which is great for me!

as for Slimfast, I used those when I was preggo with my GD, I used the Optima ones I think? they are the lower carb/sugar version. I would drink one in the morning for breakfast or as a snack during the day because they were high protein and low carb which is what I needed to regulate my blood sugars. I like them, they worked well for me and kept me full when I couldn't eat real food. I actually would continue to use them but they are pricey unless you have a coupon or find a good sale, I rarely eat breakfast and should probably drink one of those as a supplement. I would give them a try, they taste pretty good too!
April 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Cool! I do have a coupon to get some at the grocery store. I think I'm going to try vanilla since I can flavor it if I want. Sweet. BJ's sells them so if I really like them I can stock up.

It's almost 11 and our programmer still isnt' here. He hasn't come in before 10 in weeks, I'm wondering how people can maintain work ethic like that...

Ugh gamefly wont' let me open an account b/c someone who lived at my address in 2008 defaulted on an account and kept games and is now in collections. *** people, I just want to rent Just Dance!

I'm on day 3 and under 140 for the first time since I was like 30 weeks pregnant with Maddie. Woohoo!

I'm not sure if this Saturday is going to work. I forgot I RSVP'ed for a mommy meet up at a coffee house Sunday morning. I missed last months' and really felt like a flake. I know some of the people going this time so I want to go. I really need a better calendar organizer on my phone.

April 5th, 2011, 08:10 AM
no problem about Saturday, I will still be on meds anyway and therefore shouldn't drink, so what fun is a girls night if ya can't drink LOL.... Saturday is going to be busy anyway, we have a birthday party and then Syd has a dentist appointment after that which I forgot about. I just checked the weather and Sunday is supposed to be nice so hopefully we can get out and about and do something fun or at least continue yard cleanup which is a major chore! we will figure out another date that works better!
April 5th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Sounds cool If it's nice we can come up for a play date after lunch or something on Sunday, or in the future too. I know Maddie misses playing with Sydney.

I know right, I'm trying to not drink (empty calories) but I allow myself a glass of wine after maddie goes to bed. I wonder if I can make yup a high protein rum shake this weekend (Gross) LOLOLOL

getting a sub for lunch, it's still raining but not hard.
Loving this warm weather! We played outside until 7:30 yesterday. So nice.

How is PT going with Sydney? You'll have to tell me how the dental appt goes, Our is scheduled for the 15th. I'm nervous for her.

April 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
A Sunday playdate would be fun, I am sure Sydney would love Maddie to come play!!

Yesterday was so nice! unfortunately we didn't get much outside time due to all the running around, Syd again watched Tangled but fell asleep before the end, the poor girl keeps missing the end LOL

PTing is great! she is officially trained, she is dry at night and wears only panties now. She even goes on her own without my help on the big potty, so far, so good. It was easy peasy because I think she was just ready to do it. I can only hope Sam is equally as easy when the time comes, probably won't be LOL

I am nervous for the dentist too! I have to call and see what time her appointment is I think it is at 1:30 or something, I hope it isn't the same time as the party or I will have to reschedule again, for some reason I wrote the date but not the time, I am losing my mind!
April 6th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Happy hump day!

So Sydney fell at school yesterday and hurt her foot, it isn't swollen but it is slightly bruised and she is limping around on it, she walks on it but is def limping, I guess I will give it another day or 2 and if she is still limping I will have to take her for an xray I keep having flashbacks of when my niece was around her age and broke her ankle and my sister just sorta thought she was playing it up because it wasn't swollen or anything and a week later finally hauled her to the dr and it was in fact a hairline fracture, I don't want to rush her in but at the same time I don't want to ignore it, making these calls can be hard sometimes! I told preschool to call me if she seemed to be in severe pain or complaining about it today, they haven't called....who knows?!

DH and I took Friday off, we are going to send the kids to daycare and spend some time together, probably go to lunch, do some errands and just enjoy some quiet alone time....we are over due for that!

ok now I need to get of my butt and go do my pilates workout....
April 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
A 'hump' day sounds nice Kim We haven't done that in a while but we try to every few months.

I feel pretty good today, not that sore. I feel so bad getting home and basically ignoring Maddie while I do my work out the past 2 days (set her up with a snack and a video on the ipod or portable dvd) so today I'm going to spend some QT with her and work out when DH get's home before we make our dinner.

I want do two today, the shape it up and abs workout, so hopefully they'll give me an hour by myself (I can work out in our bedroom).

I really don't like doing the work outs so late in the day but better late than never. I'm trying to start waking up earlier and earlier gradually, from 7am to 6:30, I'm going to try for 6am and working out in the morning before I shower and Maddie wakes up next week, hopefully then I can fit in a second workout after work. it's really hard fitting in the time.

I get home at 5, work out till 5:45, make her dinner by 6, dh get's home by 6:30 and I'm starting dinner for us... most of the time we dont' get to eat until she goes to bed.. 8:30-9 which is too late for both of us.

There aren't enough hours in the day!

April 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
glad you are feeling good! time is def the hardest factor, I am lucky that I work from home so I can just work out at lunch, but that is only a 1/2 hr so I try to do that and then do abs after Syd goes to bed or go for a walk with the kids if the weather is nice. Sydney never allows me to workout, she wants to "help" or do it with me or just gets annoyed that I am not paying attention to her so that never works. I have worked out before after both kids are in bed, usually on the weekends and then I get wired and can't sleep, so that doesn't really work for me either. Morning is ideal, I used to go to the gym before work and loved it, of course that was back when I had no other responsibility other than flat abs and tiny butt times have changed LOL
April 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
OMG you look totally amazing woman! With no weight to lose and just some toning you are already beach ready and knockin' socks off!

I only have 10 lbs to lose but lots of inches to go to get where I want to be. I posted my VERY UNFLATTERING 'before' pics in my PR and one mom said she'd die for them to be her "after" pics. But for me and knowing what I CAN look like it's very motivating. I look alot better in real life than in pics! Really I'm not shaped like a sweet potato or an oompaloompa LOL Seriously. LOL

Bri is going to work towards putting on weight and muscle and we are both getting really motivated to be all we can on the outside and in. Life is so much more fun when you are confident and it shows.

blah blabhablabhalbha anyway that stuff gets boring too. I dont want to go into overkill or get overobsessed...just want to stay motivated and be smart.

ok back to work! LONGEST. DAY. EVER. I can't wait to pick up my box of organics today!

April 6th, 2011, 11:27 AM
thank you.......and well of course I had to stalk down your pics LOL, you look good! and not at all like an oompalooma! we are for sure our own worst critics, it's just the way it is, I know I am harder on myself than anyone else would ever be to me. Once you get into working out it becomes a lifestyle and that's really what it's all about. Making lifestyle changes that are easy to stick to and realistic, if you get off track just hop back on and continue. In the past I have fallen into the over obsessed club with my body image and worked out 2+ times a day and didn't eat hardly a thing and lost so much weight that I looked like a hot mess! I finally realized the number on the scale isn't the issue and got back on track. It also helps when your partner adopts the same lifestyle changes, Jon works out and always has so that keeps me motivated when I am feeling lazy. He eats like crap though LOL if I ate like him I would weigh 1000 lbs

and yes this is the longest day ever!!
April 7th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Good morning,
I hope you are feeling over your illness today Kim!

It feels so good to be allergy free, I love this prednisone but today is my last day on it and I start taking flonase and hope it works just as good. I have a headache coming on but I just think I need to eat something. Weight is unchanged for 3rd day in a row but consistent is good. I think I need to burn more cals tho. I can't eat any less or any healthier than I am now.

I have to go grocery shopping today after work, ugh, crap I forgot Maddie's ipod too. Crap. Looks like I'm going to be making it a short and sweet trip then. lol I don't feel like cooking tonight so I think I'm going to pick up a roasted chicken for dinner. DH want's to make chicken piccatta but I'm not sure anything fried in oil and butter is what I should be eating right now. lol I can modify it and have the rice, vedge and roasted chicken and eat with him that way he can take the leftovers to work for lunch tomorrow. Sweet.

I worked out after he got home yesterday and fit in an extra ab workout which was tough but I'm not really sore today. So today I'm going to do my 35 min workout and then do the limber series after and do the 6 pack work out 3 times a week. Saturday is my 'day off' and I hope it's nice, I'd love to go on a bike ride with Maddie (we got a free trailer) and really get some cardio in - pulling her through our hilly neighborhood is tough work!)

Oh and our name came up on the waiting list for a patch in the community garden! It's a 25x25ft patch for 20, free water and mulch to use from mid april to mid october. I am such a gardening novice but this will be lots of fun for us for the weekends and to stop by after work once or twice a week to maintain. Orientation is the 27th so I'll know more then.

Last edited by *Cyndee*; April 7th, 2011 at 06:47 AM.
April 7th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I am feeling better yet every morning I have a headache for a few hrs, I sort of think this is chronic sinusitis or allergies, blah! overall I feel better though.

Today is my Friday, woot, woot!! gotta love that!

that is great about the garden patch, I have never done veggie gardening, I want to but we need a raised closed in bed to do it or the rabbits and other animals will just eat it all, maybe next year!

Glad you are feeling good with the workouts! Here is my workout thread from the June 10 PR, I just posted updated pics, next month I will do a full bikini shot LOL

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...-pic-post.html

today I am lifting back, bis and tris and tomorrow I am going to the gym with DH, I am excited about that! we can't workout together because it makes me want to hit him LOL but I just like going to the gym.
April 7th, 2011, 07:10 AM
That's awesome! I have never been to a gym

You look great! I can really see the line down your stomach and the definition coming in, your waist has pulled in and your thighs have slimmed out as well. Cheers to a flat tummy!!! Great job Kim!!!

Sat night Dh and I are going to try having an adult entertainment evening with the Google TV on the HDTV. That should be interesting LOL Lock Maddie in her room!

April 7th, 2011, 07:43 AM
thanks! Jon used to be a personal trainer back in the day, that is why I hate working out with him, he is always critical of form and it annoys me, it wouldn't annoy me if I were paying him but since he is my husband he is not allowed to do that anyway he just joined a new gym, it looks nice I am excited to go, if I like it I may join and try to get there a few mornings a week, I will have to see.

Sounds like a fun Sat night plan! good for you!

Just got a call that they need to reschedule Syd's dentist appointment, I am beginning to think we will never get there!!!!
April 7th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hahaha, you'd think it was his birthday on Saturday lol

I have never had hummus before yesterday and omg this garlic hummus is soo **** good (and good for you!).

April 7th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I like some flavors of hummus and some not so much, Sam loves hummus! that kid will eat anything LOL.......I just made a pot of coffee, this day is draggggggging!
April 8th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Happy Friday! cleaned the house, ran errands, went to gym with Jon, very productive day. I may take a little rest and then go pick up the kiddos a bit early. so happy it's the weekend!

Cyndee if you guys want to come over Sunday that would be fun, just let me know! text or email me!
April 8th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Glad you had a good day! I'm declaring Friday as my "day off" and just doing the limber workout tonight. Going to pick up maddie, take her for water ice (none for me) and then at 6 take her to McDonalds with a playland b/c it's raining and I can't take her to the park like I wanted. Bri is going to meet us there after he gets off work and then we will head home.

Brian is good with coming over Sunday afternoon. I will text you to confirm tomorrow and firm up a time. I'm thinking sometime after lunch would be good. Pending no surprise illnesses please god.

Have a good weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search