Please tell me it does get better LOL

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2004, 07:59 PM
nmyddseyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to nmyddseyes Send a message via MSN to nmyddseyes Send a message via Yahoo to nmyddseyes
As most of you know I just turned 30 on Aug 24th but in reality felt that age for awhile now. My question is does it really get better as in life? Or do I have to wait until I'm over the hill (40) before I see the benefits of my life. Don't get me wrong I love being a Mommy at 30 but being divorced and single and having no real friends around can really put someone down in the dumps. I just don't know what kind of direction or type of "new" life I should be taken/going for at this age. Part of me wants to still be that college girl with no real responsibilities (other my daughter)-while my aged mind is saying that is not the right thing to do-I got to settle down or at least be settled down by now and focus on what is important in life. (politics-understand what is going on in the real world) Anyone got advice for me that did or has faced the same issue I'm having and overcame it or at least survived 35+ LOL TIA.
-Dori
September 3rd, 2004, 06:34 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you are feeling down at this time in your life! I really do not think age makes a difference on things...It is where you are in your life no matter what your age! I can say this because I am 40....soon to be 41. My life is better now because I made changes to make myself happier. It has nothing to do with being over 40. I think you must strive for what makes you happy in life.

And as a Mom that has 2 grown kids & 1 teenage Son. Being a LOVING ,CARING & DEVOTED MOM has the best pay offs in the world. I look at my kids and know putting them first in life is such a rewarding thing...........They all three are wonderful young people. I know why...because I was and still am a LOVING, CARING & DEVOTED MOM to each of them! I think that is one of the best feelings in the world, just knowing I have raisied very caring,respectful & very smart adults.

TAKE CARE!
Keep your head up...........Strive to make your life the way you want it!
Sometimes it may seem hard......but, in the end it is all worth the struggles!

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!

September 3rd, 2004, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with you...it's hard. I was once a divorced single mom also. I had my kids in my early 20's, and I missed all the partying and just letting loose and having fun. So, I did my little stint every other weekend while the kids were with their dad. I got it out of my system. And, I realized I really didn't miss anything.

The thing that I really miss is I never had a "best" friend. I always wonder if it is because I didn't go to college, or was it because I joined the Navy after high school, where friendships pretty much last 3 years, then you move on. I dunno.

I can say now that I am a generally happy person. I have met and married a wonderful man, things are looking pretty good. Not that I needed him in my life to make me happier. I was happy when I was single, and it was just me and my kids.

Have you thought about taking any classes, even if they are "fun" classes? Pottery, learn a language..anything you normally wouldn't do? My advice is...live your life. Incorporate your daughter...of course..but be sure to do things for yourself as well.

Stitched For Kids - Personalized Super Hero Capes, Personalized Hooded Towels, Nap Mats, Personalized Father/Son shirts, Toddler Aprons!
"Like" us on Facebook!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search