August Chit Chat thread!!!

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 08:47 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
so here is our ongoing thread for august!!

when does everyones kids go back to school?? mine go back the 18th weeeeeeeeeeee i can't wait!!! time to start school shopping
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

August 2nd, 2011, 06:58 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy August!! my kiddos go to daycare/preschool and they go thru the summer as well. Sydney's official preschool starts after Labor Day, right now she is doing the summer program.

I can't believe it is August already! almost time to start fall clothes shopping for the kiddos!! I love shopping for my kids LOL
August 2nd, 2011, 08:25 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Yay August!

We are all moved in to our new home! Woohooo!!! I have unpacking ahead of me but the essentials are in place and the rest will come in time. ahhhhhhh... So glad that is over and the good times are ahead of us!

I don't know when Maddies new part time preschool starts. That reminds me to call them with my new address so I get the welcome packet. I think it's the first school day after Labor Day.

August 2nd, 2011, 09:04 AM
Glad your move went well! Can't wait to see the new house! unpacking stinks but it is like reorganizing your life, a fresh start! sometimes I wish I could empty out my house and start over LOL I have been on a major throwing stuff away kick lately, clutter seriously makes me nutty!

Sydney's class is having a "campout" on Friday, she has to bring in a sleeping bag and a snack to share with the class, they are going to all nap in their sleeping bags. guess I better go out and buy her a sleeping bag before then! might as well get Sam one too I guess, before long they will be wanting to have campouts in the living room! I can't believe how quickly my little Sam is growing up, he is such a little boy now! he cracks me up he is so silly and funny!
August 2nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
woohoo for being fully moved Sirene!! ugh i always hated moving.....not the moving part...just the unpacking haha....

helena has been going to Pre-school through the summer too she started in the spring....she LOVES it...and she'll have one year of pre-k then its time for kindy!! weeee!

August 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Happy hump day! I feel like I am coming down with a cold or something, blah!

When I went to pick Syd up yesterday from preschool she threw the biggest fit! she never does that at pick up time so I was sort of shocked! she told me to go home and that she wanted to stay with her friends and color and I should come back later and get her......ummm no I don't think so LOL I had to carry her out kicking and screaming and crying "but I just want to color with my friends" (mind you I was also carrying Sam who was looking at her like "WTH?")......Dear Lord! I have to admit I am really looking forward to the fall when some of the older kids move to Pre-K, for whatever reason it seems like when she plays with a certain group of kids her behavior takes a nose dive, not that I am blaming the other kids but they are older and already have the 4yr old sass going and I think she picks that up a little, I would like to save the sass for a while longer LOL she is one of the youngest in her class right now and I think once fall hits and the other kids her age are back with her things will be a little better. I never thought 3 and 4yr olds could form cliques' but honestly I think they do and I am not sure how I feel about it, I know it's somewhat normal for small groups of friends to form but I just don't know? I wasn't expecting it so soon
August 3rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
awwwe poor girl!! at least she likes it there!!

i had an issue with helena NOT wanting to go to school this morning when usually she is super excited i asked her why she said didnt like some kid named charlie lol i asked her why i guess this kid has pushed her? so i told her she can be in her old room...she just recently moved up from the 2-3 year old room to the 4-6yr old room...as she just turned 4 a few weeks ago....but i brought her in and talked to her old teacher about it...and she said she can stay in her old room for a while longer which is good!! maybe they can teach this other kid some manners before she goes back to the other room lol

August 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Regular
Hi I'm new here! My 2 oldest- 13 and 8, go back after Labor Day!
August 4th, 2011, 07:12 AM
^^welcome....I saw you posted in the June 11 PR too, my little Sam was supposed to be a June baby but was born in May, I still hang in the June PR though because I love those girlies!!! welcome again!

Thursday already! week seems to be going faster than I first thought LOL....I got Syd her new sleeping bag yesterday and she fell asleep on the floor in it at 7:45pm! that is very rare, maybe I should of bought the sleeping bag sooner LOL. No plans for the weekend, need to grocery shop and then maybe plan something fun with the family or maybe just BBQ not sure yet but should be a decent weekend and not too crazy busy!
August 5th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boys3girls View Post
Hi I'm new here! My 2 oldest- 13 and 8, go back after Labor Day!
welcome!! man i dont knwo what i would do if i had to wait til after labor day for the kids to go back to school LOL

August 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Wow moving is a PITA. I'm still not getting mail. Processing my MV changes next.
Eiyeee. I hate not getting mail.

So we ordered this bedroom set yesterday. I've determined that my tastes is "contemporary" or as my MIL would put it "Modern, eclectic, contemporory" lol

I want to get these grommet drapes with silver rods for the 2 windows but the price is steep so I'm looking for something similar without the price tag. JCPenney : Eclipse® Zale Grommet Therma-Layer Panel

And we need a decorative mirror for over the dresser between the windows that will be at the foot of the bed where the dresser will be, as well as Wall art for over the bed and bedside lamps - well one for me at least. And a shag carpet!

I've only ever had mismatched hand me down furniture, it'll be nice to have a nice bedroom to relax in!

August 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Try Big Lots, Overstock.com, Ollies for curtains, sometimes you can find cheap alternatives there, or curtains are pretty easy to make from other things for example I have used fabric tablecloths with clip on rings for curtains, no one knew the difference and always commented on my awesome curtains LOL....that furniture is nice! seems like it suits your style, I have always had mismatched pieces and love them, maybe there is something wrong with me? LOL I don't know but we do need a new bed, I love the look of my bed but it is old and my back is screaming for a sturdier option I just hate the thought of getting rid of my bed, we have had it since we moved in together, there is a lot of history on the bed, if only it could talk

so happy for the weekend, house is clean, all the laundry done and nothing on the agenda. Those kind of weekends are rare!
August 5th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks, I'll check out Big Lots. It seems every store has great coupons out - $10 off $25 at JCPenny, 20% off Kohls, 20% off BedBathBeyond, I have an epic BJ's run to restock the house after we get the basement organized. We have a very busy weekend planned. Saturday is my Birthday! I'm going to spend the day shopping and Bri is going to work on getting his office setup in the basement and clearing out the boxes from the main rooms and get our bed put together. Sunday we want to paint all the upstairs bedroom doors white - they are an awful brown wood and look really dated. Then we have to grocery shop and get ready for the week, put together Maddie's swing set and order a shed.

Bleeding $$$!

August 5th, 2011, 08:44 AM
yep owning a home sucks up the cash for sure LOL, always something to do, update, add. there is just always something but at least you are putting it into something that is yours! that makes it worth it.

I need to grocery shop in the worst way, that is on for tomorrow morning! must. go. food. shopping! we may go to the zoo at some point this weekend too, Sydney keeps asking to go, depends how hot it is, when it's too hot none of the animals move and it stinks to high heaven LOL we shall see! I also just got some inside info on a public pool near us so if we find nothing else to do maybe we will go there for a bit and try to meet up with a new friend I meant thru a friend of a friend, she has 2 little boys and wants to have a playdate, she seems cool and funny and lives near me, not sure but I need mom friends so beggars can't be choosers
August 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM
wow i love that bedroom set!!!! one day i hope to have a matching bedroom set LOL ours is just a bunch of mismatched stuff right now LOL

yes owning a home is sure draining of the cash!! lol but i think its well worth it!

August 11th, 2011, 01:04 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My DD starts first grade after Labor Day. I need to get her school shopping done but will probably hold out until next week. I really shouldn't be shopping at all on bed rest but I don't like shopping online. I like to be able to touch and feel the clothes LOL. Plus she is so skinny she has to try stuff on to make sure it fits ok.
Glad you are all moved in Cindy and that bedroom set looks beautiful. That is one thing DH and I did with extra money before we had kids was buy a nice bedroom set. We actually just upgraded from Queen to King a year ago and oh man was it nice. Yes I agree with the other ladies owning a home sucks up extra money. In the spring its my gardening (flowers), in the summer its usually an upgrade project, fall and winter it tapers off a bit but there is usually something little we like to get done or finish up. This year though with a new baby we probably won't. I say that but we are adding a playroom downstairs LOL. Sorry I haven't been around much. I was really sick the last week with a terrible cold. And then yesterday JM was just being a pain.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 11th, 2011, 06:27 AM
im with you jessi....i hate clothes shopping online! my kids sizes are so weird! so its difficult! i did get almost all their school supplies online though! that made life a bit easier thats for sure!

August 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
Luckily I only have to buy school supplies for one kid, next year will be 2. I have a few odd things to get and then I am done. I don't like that I have to provide community supplies for other kids or for the classroom. Where the heck is all the money going? I am buying post it notes for the teacher and dry erase markers . And the stuff for my DD goes into a community pile and she doesn't get to keep it. Drives me bonkers.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

August 11th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Hi girls, sorry haven't been around much, been busy and JM was acting wonky for a bit and annoying me so I was just not on LOL....I am back though. Things are good just busy, planning a mini kitchen remodel which has consumed my spare thoughts LOL and work, work, work! Next week I took a day off to take Sydney to Sesame Place, looking forward to that!! DH and I are going to take her and do all the rides with her and then go pick Sam up early from daycare and take him back with us to do the small kid stuff and watch the parade! that way Sydney gets her one on one time and Sam still gets to have fun too. it's great that we are so close and can do it that way!
August 11th, 2011, 08:52 AM
how fun a kitchen remodel!!! i need to do a bathroom one LOL for our bathroom in our bedroom...but thats way down the line a bit!

as for supplies..ugh isn't it ridiculous!?!? its like dang....but i can understand....the schools do not have the funds to supply anything anymore with all the budget cuts....and then there are kids whose parents can't afford or care enough to buy stuff....and they get left out and its not the kid's fault....usually its just pencils and glue sticks that go into the pot around here....i was listening to the radio the other day and someone called in saying that the list read that each kid should bring in 96 pencils....and im thinking WHAT?!?!? even if its for the pot WHY that many?? our list is like 24....which i can totally understand that...they write all the time...they break the kids chew off the erasers...but 96?? each kid can you imagine that pot 96 pencils per kid....and say 20 kids brought that many...why does one class room need almost 2000 pencils for 180 days of school?!?! lol ridiculous! im all for buying a little extra for their class but im not gonna buy stuff to spill over into the next year where my kid wont even see that stuff again LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search