Pregnant post-30

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 08:32 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'm 36 and WTTC (deciding)...

How many of you have been pregnant post-30?

What age?

Did everything go smoothly or did you have any complications? If so, do you think they were because of your age or just random?

September 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of my pregnancies were in my 30s, I delivered Sydney a month after I turned 33 and Sam 5 months after I turned 35.....I had medicated GD with both of my pregnancies, other than that they were easy though. I don't think it had much to do with my age to be honest, I am an average weight and gained only around 20lbs both times, worked out thru both pregnancies, ate zero sugar (and I mean zero!!!) and still had GD. I think for me it is genetic, my pancreas just does not deal well with preggo hormones I guess. 24 hrs after delivery of both of my kids my glucose levels were back to completely normal so I don't know if age played a factor or not but my guess is genetics played the biggest role. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't change the age I was when I had my kids, before my early 30s I was simply not ready to have them.
September 1st, 2011, 10:07 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
The only complication I had with Madison was that my thyorid stopped working sometime during pregnancy - I developed Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism. I was 8 months post partum by the time I was diagnosed and in rough shape. Now I'm much healthier, lost weight, and am doing much better. I don't know if this was age triggered or if it would have happened at any age however.

I think being emotionally ready , mature, and tough will help you get through anything pregnancy, birth, and motherhood can throw at you, especially once you are over 30.

September 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
i wasn't pregnant in my 30's but i dont think age has too much to do with a lot of complications that can arise...i was 18 when i got pregnant (19 when i had her)with my oldest and had pre-e......and i must say i was probably the most mature 18yr old you would ever meet! i never pawned her off on anyone to go out and party....i even endured karl going overseas to Kuwait (he was military) and then married all before i turned 20...once i found out i was pregnant i grew up fast...stopped my wild ways and went right into mommy mode with no difficulty! wouldn't change it for the world!

*Kristy wife to Karl, mom to Raianna(13) Elyse(11) and Helena(6) stepmom to Frankie(16)*
click me!---> Come Join us at Stay At Home Mommies!!! <---click me!
click me!---> Come Join us at Mommy Weightloss and Fitness!!! <---click me!
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

September 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had Keith and Summer in my 20's, and I'm just barely 30 and will be 30 when this one is born. So far I've been more sick and more hormonal but I don't think it has anything to do with age. Right now I think it's the heat!

September 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM
txranchmom's Avatar Country Momma to the Core
How many of you have been pregnant post-30? I am right now

What age? 31, will be 32 when the LO arrives

Did everything go smoothly or did you have any complications? If so, do you think they were because of your age or just random? Don't know yet, lol but I do knwo this one has been a total turna round from my first.
September 4th, 2011, 12:19 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
My first two I had in my mid 20s and our last one is due anytime now and I am 32. I know physically I am having a harder time but each pregnancy got harder so I don't know that it is my age or just having multiple pregnancies. I think really it can go either way.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

September 7th, 2011, 03:32 AM
SouleBaby's Avatar Lovin My Boyz!
How many of you have been pregnant post-30? Me

What age? I was 33 when I had DS2 (34 now)

Did everything go smoothly or did you have any complications? If so, do you think they were because of your age or just random? The only complication was becoming severely anemic and extreme hip and back pain. I'm not sure if it was age or not; I am a disabled veteran with bad hips and back amongst some other things. Not sure where the anemia came from, I didn't have that issue with DS1.

Thank you GreysMom for my awesome siggy!!!!

September 8th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Do you think 37 is too late to get pregnant?
I was 25 when I had my DD and now she is 12.
September 9th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iseeyou View Post
Do you think 37 is too late to get pregnant?
I was 25 when I had my DD and now she is 12.
I don't think 37 is too late at all!

September 23rd, 2011, 08:41 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
34 y/o lurker. DS#1 born when I was 31 & no complications other than postdates and him being over 10lb. Pregnant now & so far so good, got good screening results so far.

September 24th, 2011, 07:24 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
32 y.o lurker here. I was 31 when I had my 4th. I don't think it had anything to do with my age, but I did have a heck of a time with that pregnancy. I was sick the entire pregnancy, had PTL and a preterm delivery. But I think it was just it being my 4th baby and that pregnancy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

September 25th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Born2BeAmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
35 yr old lurker here...

Had my 3rd when I was 30... 4th when I was 32 1/2 and I'm expecting my 5th in a couple of weeks and I just turned 35. I've had no major issues. I had gestational diabetes with one of the last three (that's including this one. I don't have it now) If anything, I have been much healthier with this pregnancy. I know better this time around. lol

My mom was 40 when she had me and I'm thankful to be alive. My father was 47.

Kristy: mom to 5 beautiful daughters with daughter #6 on the way and the author of the Ice Moon Series www.icemoonseries.com
www.kristyquinn.net

I Blog http://happyhomemakingwithkristy.blogspot.com/
http://raisinggodlydaughters-kristy.blogspot.com/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search