High school memories

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Who was your high school best friend, and do you still see them today?

Do you remember any of your high school crushes?

What sorts of fashions did you wear for school parties, discos, dances, excursions and general non-uniform days?

Who were your favourite bands and artists back then?

Do you have a picture of yourself as a high schooler to share?

February 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Veteran
Who was your high school best friend, and do you still see them today?Kareena & no I haven't seen her in years

Do you remember any of your high school crushes? I've only ever been with my DH & never had any HS crushes

What sorts of fashions did you wear for school parties, discos, dances, excursions and general non-uniform days? We never had uniforms. I grew up in Cali so I wore a lot of skirts when it was warm, and jeans when it wasn't.

Who were your favourite bands and artists back then? NKOTB & BSB lol

Do you have a picture of yourself as a high schooler to share? haha No I'm good on that front hahaha

Together we have 4 beautiful children:
Treyden (Dec/97), Emily (Jun/00), Christina (Oct/03) & Hilarie (Dec/04)

Together we are raising 7 of my nieces & nephews:
Kristina (Feb/96), Leah (Jan/98), Austin (Apr/00), Dylan (Feb/02), Mya (Feb/02), Landon (Apr/03) & Melanie (May/08)

February 13th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who was your high school best friend, and do you still see them today? Allie and yes I get to see her a few times a year. She'll be over Saturday for my daughters b'day party.

Do you remember any of your high school crushes? I had a serious boyfriend of 3 years who dumped me a week before my prom.

What sorts of fashions did you wear for school parties, discos, dances, excursions and general non-uniform days? We didn't have uniforms. I remember wearing those bodysuits that snapped at the bottom. Somebody else has to remember wearing those, LOL!!

Who were your favourite bands and artists back then? Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi...you get the picture, ha.

Do you have a picture of yourself as a high schooler to share? No thank you.

February 14th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Who was your high school best friend, and do you still see them today?
I had two, as three of us used to do everything together. Their names were Debbie and Diane. I have one on FB but only keep in touch casually - the other sadly I lost touch with after college. We had a lot in common back then, but not so much now. I actually see more of my best friend from primary school, Sarah, now, as we are both mums of 5-6 year olds and can have play dates!

Do you remember any of your high school crushes? My son is named after one of them. Sorta...well...it was always a name I liked lol. I remember the ones who were nice to me back. I guess the others I have blocked out!

What sorts of fashions did you wear for school parties, discos, dances, excursions and general non-uniform days?
It was all stonewashed denim skirts/shorts/jeans (with rips in where possible) and T-shirts or vest tops with cheeky slogans. There was also the shellsuit/neon fashions back then but I never liked them and refused to wear them! I still wear denim skirts and jeans with rips in now ha ha!

Who were your favourite bands and artists back then?
Wet Wet Wet, NKOTB and Madonna were the three that stuck for a long time. Later, I got into rock. I still love Wet Wet Wet and Madonna now though.

*No pics on computer but will try to remember to scan a couple at some point. I looked awful as a teen - gawky, greasy hair, spotty - it'd give you all a laugh. *

February 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
Who was your high school best friend, and do you still see them today? Kelli was my best friend, I am friends with her on Facebook but haven't seen her since 2008 at our 10 year reunion.

Do you remember any of your high school crushes? Didn't really have any. Didn't date anyone I went to school with, they were all older.

What sorts of fashions did you wear for school parties, discos, dances, excursions and general non-uniform days? Pretty much jeans, t-shirts, and sweatshirts were my school and non-school wear.

Who were your favourite bands and artists back then? Pantera, Korn, Metallica, Marilyn Manson, anything hard rock.

Do you have a picture of yourself as a high schooler to share? I have my senior picture from my year book...I'll try to put it on here.

Here we go...

Last edited by Jennhowru; February 14th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
February 14th, 2012, 12:42 PM
You were amazing looking! I bet you broke a few hearts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search