35 and trying to get pregnant

Forum: Thirtysomething Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Thirtysomething Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kristinemf
HI EVERYONE. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO IS IN THEIR 30'S AND TRYING TO CONCEIVE? I HAD NO PROBLEM GETTING PREGNANT WHEN I WAS 25 BUT NOW THAT I AM 35 I AM WONDERING IF IT IS GONNA BE HARDER FOR US? THIS IS OUR FIRST MONTH TRYING I WASN'T SUPPOSE TO TEST UNTIL MONDAY BUT I DID A TEST TODAY ANYWAY AND IT IS A BFN. I KNOW IT IS EARLY BUT I HAVE A FEELING IT MIGHT NOT HAVE HAPPENED THIS MONTH?

September 25th, 2004, 11:22 AM
zonapellucida
I had no trouble getting pregnant wiht this last baby. I got one period while BF and OOPS...... Baby dust to you!!!!!
September 25th, 2004, 11:41 AM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Luck with Trying To Concieve!

My hubby & I are TTC our first baby together.........We started trying earlier this year. We have miscarried 2 times. We are hoping & Praying for a healthy baby soon. I am 40 & my hubby is 42.

September 25th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 33 and dh and I are ttc #2. This is our 3rd month of trying. With ds, we got pg right away too. I was 30 at the time.

I'm still bf my ds, so I think that is a huge factor for me, but I also worry about my age. I know I'm probably not as fertile as I was when I was younger, and each month that goes by without me getting pg, just adds to my stress.

Anyway, good luck to you. I hope you get pg soon!!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

September 25th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kristinemf
I BET AS SOON AS YOU STOP BF YOUR DS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET PREGNANT. BF HAS A HUGE EFFECT ON NOT BEING ABLE TO CONCEIVE. BUT THEN AGAIN YOU NEVER KNOW. I TOTALLY WORRY ABOUT MY AGE TOO. I AM ALSO OBSESSED WITH TESTING. IT IS THREE DAYS UNTIL I AM SUPPOSE TO START AND YET I AM BUMMED WHEN THE TEST IS A BFN! DO YOU DO THAT OR AM I JUST CRAZY? LOL.

September 26th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your definitely not crazy! LOL! I am so impatient, and for me the waiting and not knowing is the worst part.

I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating every month (although, this month I pretty positive I did O, and so --knock on wood--maybe this will be my month!), but even when I've been sure there is almost zero chance I could be pg, I've tested at least once. If only sheer force of will could make that second little line show up!
Proud mom to my little kookaburra, Alden (03/02). #2 due 06/16/05

September 26th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Alice's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I spent my 30's trying to get pregnant, then adopted when I was 40. I was pregnant 6 months later, then again 3 years later. So I became a mom at 40, and at age 45 have 3 kids. Hang in there. If it's meant to happen, it will.
JULIA (2-17-00)
KIRA (2-04-03)
<a href="http://siggiez.com/countdownz/ch/index2.cgi">
October 5th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Veteran
I'm almost 32 and my hubby is 35 and we're trying for our second. I had an early m/c about 6 weeks ago, but all is well now and I started Clomid on Sunday! That's how I got pg with my first.

October 5th, 2004, 10:58 PM
grneydgurl's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to grneydgurl Send a message via Yahoo to grneydgurl
Im 30 and DH is 32 and we are TTC #2 for me #1 for him. We have been trying for 6 years.
<div align="center"> Jesci's Myspace </div>
October 7th, 2004, 07:42 AM
jillybean&#33;'s Avatar Member
I was also afraid we wer going to have trouble this time around. I'm 38 and it's been five years since our youngest was born. We conceived the second month we tried. Good Luck!
</a>
October 7th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to linda11567
I got pregnant with the boys at 35. I got pregnant the first time we tried. I was pregnant 3 months ago, got pregnant the first month we tried again but miscarried. I'm pregnant now and we couldn't decide rather to TTC again or not. During the month, 1 time we did not use a condom, and I'm pregnant. I'm 37. I have not had any problem. I seem to have more of a problem NOT getting pregnant! Just remember that only 20% of women get pregnant the first month, the average is 6 months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search