Did you put off having kids?

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
In order to establish your career first?
November 3rd, 2011, 02:30 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
umm yeah I guess so. I definately graduated from college and started working for the federal government before kiddos. I'm only 30 though and I had my first at 26. Now that I think about it alot of my classmates had kids and were married when I was in my second year of college. lol
November 3rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
well I made sure I graduated college, got a job and got married before I got pregnant, but I didn't have any specific career goals in mind before I had kids. I was 25 when Juliet was born.

November 3rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, very much so. I finished grad school and was married for almost 6 years before having Collin. I was 33 when he was born.

November 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, but it was mostly because I hadn't found Mr. Right and then because it took too long to find him. I made sure to get my degree and a job - and then really focused on sustaining and making the best I could of my career while I pursued the efforts of finding DH. By the time I met DH I was 33...and then when we started ttc, we had issues...correction...I had issues conceiving.

I was 36 before I got pregnant. 37 when I delivered.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 3rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to say I wanted to wait until I was 35 to have my first baby so I could get as far as I could in my career first, but I ended up pregnant at 29 and having a baby at 30. Part of the reason is that I had been working from home and was in the ideal work situation to have a baby. If this keeps up I may have to rush to have #2, just so I can make sure to WFH while the LOs are little.

November 3rd, 2011, 11:24 PM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
I'll have to answer "No" to this. I graduated college, we got married that summer, and a month later I found out I was pregnant. It was pretty rough financially after Austin was born. If I knew then what I know now, I definitely would have waited to have a career before kids.
November 4th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No. I didn't meet my husband until I was 28, we got married when I was 31, and waited about a year to make sure my health was under control to TTC. Career had nothing to do with it. We were both already established.

ETA: I couldn't say if this answer would be different if I had met/married someone before I was established.

Last edited by pumpkinpie24; November 16th, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
November 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes I did. I wanted to make sure I had a stable job first.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 16th, 2011, 10:17 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope, i had been in the salon and qualified for 5 years already by the time i was 28 and kyla was born. we just waited till we felt ready.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search