Do you have a bucket list?

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I had insomnia last night, and so that meant I had time for a new blog entry. This one was all about lacking passion and adventure and thrill in my life, and needing to make room for it somehow.

So I'm writing down a bucket list. And I'm sorta soliciting ideas. No idea what will end up on it yet, but I'm working on it. First things I think I'll write down are: Take a professional cooking class, write a new book.

What's on your list that you wouldn't mind sharing?
What would be on your list if you had one?

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

Last edited by shockandawe; November 9th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
November 9th, 2011, 06:27 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I think lots of travel would be on mine, something I'd love to do if I had the money and time for it.

November 9th, 2011, 07:02 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no I don't but I would also travel the world.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My bucket list is mainly related to travel. DH and I used to travel a lot before Juliana was born. In fact, we went to India while I was pregnant. Imagine craving grilled cheese and all you can find to eat is curry and rice!

Anyway, on my bucket list is to visit every continent including Antarctica. DH is eligible for sabbatical, which is an extra 8 weeks of paid vacation every 7 years with the company, but we're postponing it until some time next year. It's time to start planning the sabbatical and I'm excited!

We already decided that one his next sabbatical when Juliana will be about 8, DH is going to take her to volunteer at an orphanage in a Central American country. We saw several when we visited there in '08 and it was very humbling. We don't want her to be a spoiled brat, so this should help her be grateful for what she has. I won't be going with them so it's not really on my bucket list, but I just thought I'd mention it.

November 9th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great ideas. I remember you talking about the trip to India. I could hardly believe you took that on at that stage of pregnancy...then again, by the time we were that far along, I remember thinking I don't want to be farther than 15 minutes from my doctor. LOL Travel is definitely going on my list too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jule'sMomInOR View Post

We already decided that one his next sabbatical when Juliana will be about 8, DH is going to take her to volunteer at an orphanage in a Central American country.
I love this though. This (or some variation of it) may be finding it's way to my list! Thanks!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 10th, 2011, 06:40 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Travel definately especially Africa. I also wanna sky dive!! haha so random..

Mariah, That is awesome about volunteering.

November 12th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am like everyone else. I want to travel!

The only VERY specific location I want ot go to is Hawaii. I told bf that once we get married he has to go with me.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search