How do you find the time?

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2011, 08:26 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
to clean your house?
to cook?
to workout?
to spend time with your child(ren)?
to spend time with your SO?
to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general)

There aren't enough hours in the day!

November 9th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
to clean your house? The nanny helps with light housekeeping, but I still do the lion's share of deep cleaning, and it definitely gets deprioritized. I make sure laundry is done every Sunday, and I try to get our 3 bathrooms cleaned once every week - I consider myself a success to get 2 of the 3 done. The kitchen is the room that gets done most often. It's cleaned after every meal, and the nanny takes care of breakfast and lunch. Dishwasher is done either while coffee and breakfast are on the go or the nanny takes care of it before making lunch.

to cook? I do this after work every day. I start at 4:30 and usually have it ready on the table by 5:30. I multi task through this though, and Maggie and I listen to tunes on the stereo and sing and dance together. She likes to watch me cook. I've been tidying/packing while dinner's on the go too. I try to make big enough meals that I'm able to send left overs with DH the next day for lunch.

to workout? This doesn't fit in anywhere. It needs to, and I need to figure out where to make it fit, but right now, I don't work out. And believe me it's obvious. Bad mommy!

to spend time with your child(ren)? I fit it in while I'm doing chores a lot of the time. Unfortunately, my child is going to learn the value of working hard, the hard way.

to spend time with your SO? This is also hurting in our lives lately. We were doing really well about getting a date weekend every 3 or 4 months and then it all went belly up on us earlier in the year. Life has totally gotten in the way of us finding time/space for quality us time.

to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) Again, this doesn't happen as often as it should. I snag blogging time, and JM time while I'm working (I have a set up where I have two systems open all day long, and it makes it easy to jump over). I try to get a massage once per month, but it hardly feels like me time because I spend so much effort trying to get there, and by the time my appt comes up, my back is in so much pain, it's more like a medical necessity than a zen like me moment. I also refuse to count any time that I spend shopping for the family or household. A trip to walmart does not "me time" make. The detour to the coffee shop with a book...now that I would consider "me time".

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 9th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to clean your house? A combination of help from the nanny, hiring cleaners about once per month, and fitting in a little bit during my work day
to cook? I cook a huge meal on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays and freeze enough for one or two other nights. Then on workout nights I simply pull a meal from the freezer. Other nights we do simple meals - turkey burgers on the Forman grill with a side of veggies, omelets, etc.
to workout? This is one of my hobbies so it gets prioritized. I go to the gym Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and Juliana goes to the childcare center. About once per week I go running with her in the stroller. A couple of times per week, I take a break during my workday and hop on the elliptical for 30 minutes to decompress and think or read.
to spend time with your child(ren)? I don't sleep enough! Juliana and I have tons of time together because I work 6:30-3/3:30 so every afternoon for at least 5 hours is our quality time (minus time that I'm at the gym).
to spend time with your SO? This is severely lacking. Since I wake up so ridiculously early I go to bed either at 8:30 with Juliana or sometimes stay up as late as 9:30. 8:30-9:30 a few nights per week is all the quality time we get, although we are going on vacation and bringing my mom to babysit so we're going to have tons of time together ... starting Friday!!
to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) I read while on the elliptical and occasionally while taking a bath with Juliana I can get a few pages in. I only watch two tv shows and even then I don't get to fully concentrate because they're just on in the background while playing with Juliana or trying to get dishes done. I do consider workouts to be "me time" and they greatly help with stress reduction.

November 9th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
to clean your house? I try to get in little things while I can with the baby.
to cook? Susie loves to sit in the chair and talk to me while I cook. She makes the cooking more fun.
to workout? I dont right now, unless its a weekend. I will start running again in the spring with the baby (we have a stroller already). One she stops needing to eat at 3-4 am, then I will go into work an hour early and run before work.
to spend time with your child(ren)? I spend every moment from the time I pick her up from daycare till she goes to bed. I feel bad about working all day, so I spend all night with her.
to spend time with your SO? we dont. We get like no alone time. Our schedules are so mismatched. I work normal, he works second shift. We spend Sat/Sun mornings together (if I dont have errands) and then Mon/Tues night but thats all 3 of us. The only alone time we seem to have is the hour after Susie goes to bed that I can manage to stay awake.
to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) I spend about 1 hour after Susie goes to bed either doing chores and my coupons (which I consider my me time).

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

November 10th, 2011, 06:31 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to clean your house?
I normally do housekeeping everyday. Load dishwasher and pick up living room. I clean bathrooms on the weekends. I do a load of laundry everyday. Because I'm doing something everyday it seems like all I do is clean..ha ha

to cook? I cook dinner everynight usually. Hubby cooks twice a week. I start dinner as soon as I get home and eat by 7pm.

to workout? OMG! I'm lacking in the area.
I just purschased Zumba for kinect 360 so I have been working out every other day before bed.

to spend time with your child(ren)?
Everyday after dinner for about a couple of hours, then I spend weekends with them

to spend time with your SO?
We go out twice a month.

to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general)
Every Friday afternoon. I work half a day so I spend a few hours for me time before I pick up kids

November 10th, 2011, 07:44 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
to clean your house? I try to clean the kitchen and pick up toys after Juliet goes to bed, everything else is done on the weekend or skipped

to cook? I try to do easy meals to get on the table as soon as possible after we get home, when I can I will make stuff on the weekends

to workout? it cuts into my time with Juliet, but twice a week after work I'm going to the gym and once on the weekend

to spend time with your child(ren)? we only have 1.5-2 hours each night between getting home and bedtime, but the beginning of it is cut off with me either cooking or being at the gym, so really maybe an hour each night of time to spend together, which really bugs me

to spend time with your SO? we've only gone out together a couple times since Juliet was born...

to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) before I go to bed I have an hour or so that is either spent with DH or spent doing classwork (I'm taking a grad class) or just watching tv or on the computer

November 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to clean your house? i try do a little bit everyday. mostly it is just keeping my kitchen clean, and then Saturday DH does a big clean, and on a Tuesday i do a big clean
to cook? we cook almost every night. and usually one of us cooks while the other plays with Kyla. that way she gets attention and dinner gets cooked
to workout? i have been slacking lately. but usually i go after work, Kyla goes to the child section (which is awesome), and i try not gym for long.
to spend time with your child(ren)? i find doing little things make a difference. like bed time stories gives her all my attention. driving in the car we chat. and when we get home after 3pm she and i are alone till DH gets home
to spend time with your SO? we spend the evening after Kyla goes to bed. even though we doing our won things on the computer at least we are next to each other
to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) um never, lol. no my gym time is my time. and also i am fortunate to be home on a Tuesday and Kyla goes to school. so i have Tuesday till 3pm all to myself. so i use that time to veg out, clean, go shopping, etc

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

November 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to clean your house? We try to get it all done early on Saturdays.

to cook? We cook one big dish and eat it during the weekdays. We eat out a few times a week.

to workout? I get up at 4:30 everyday to work out.

to spend time with your child(ren)? I get 3 hrs with him every night and we make the most of the weekends together.

to spend time with your SO? We watch TV together after Collin goes to bed and try to go on a date night once every month or so.

to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) Collin's nap time is my prime "me time." He takes a 3 hour nap and I love it.

November 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to clean your house? I try to do some each night it does not happen all the time though.
to cook? Dh cooks dinner during the week.
to workout?I don't do that.
to spend time with your child(ren)?I have my routine with what I do with each child before bed time. Xander I cuddle a little and then we sing a song before bed and Breana gets a story read to her and we also do some workbooks with her.
to spend time with your SO? that is where my problem is. We don't get a lot of time together and we are feeling it right now
to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) like a half an hour before bed time.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 19th, 2011, 05:15 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
to clean your house? I do it on the weekends

to cook? I use the crock pot a lot during the week

to workout? I work out at 4am before I go to work

to spend time with your child(ren)? after work I have a few hours before they have to go to bed

to spend time with your SO? never!! lol we work oppisite shifts we only see eachother on Saturday mornings and all day sunday

to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general) I read every night before bed and I usually read during lunch at work

November 19th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to clean your house? Saturday or Sunday
to cook? Um. lol
to workout? i stopped after being 4 months Too exhausted!
to spend time with your child(ren)? She is still baking
to spend time with your SO? Whenever we can lol
to have time for yourself? (tv, reading books, vegging out in general)...Weekends are my time really

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search