How stressful is your job?

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
On a scale from 0 (no stress whatsoever) to 10 (high stress with tight deadlines and high workload), how would you rate your job?
November 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would rate my job a 6.

Sometimes it is more but that is more from a certain co worker than workload.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 21st, 2011, 05:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine would sit in a range between 8 and 10 depending on the week and the issue.

I cope a lot better than I used to, but the nature of my job is to police internal organizations for their compliance to our electronic waste policy, and it is a global role. So the workload is pretty substantial, but manageable through time management strategies, but the more stressful part is getting buy in from non-compliant departments who have different priorities than being compliant with corporate policy. I run into way too many people who will agree to compliance, and then do what they want anyway. This, is the stressful part!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 21st, 2011, 06:26 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My job is also about a 8. We have alot of deadlines and very high caseloads. I work for social security and everyday we get bombarded with a ton of applications. Some days are better than others, but the traffic never stops. I also cope alot better than I use to. The caseload is somewhat manageable if you know how to work a caseload efficiently and effectively.

November 21st, 2011, 06:39 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I don't feel my job is stressful at all, maybe a 2 or 3 But that is one of the reasons I like it.

November 21st, 2011, 07:17 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm, it varies by project. I think the project I'm on now is one of the least stressful I've had - maybe a 3. The one before that was about a 7-8 because we had weekly deadlines and we worked on Tuesdays until we got orders out, whether that meant quitting at 3 pm or 10 pm. The we made enhancements to the system the last half of the week that went into production the following Monday.

November 21st, 2011, 08:38 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
Normally I would rate it about a 3. Most days are pretty mellow with a manageble amount of patients, and no drama.

On a REALLY bad day I would put it at a 7 or 8. This would involve disgruntled and rude people coming in by the dozens. Thank goodness it doesn't happen often at all.
November 21st, 2011, 09:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It varies throughout the year. Right now it's about a 9. I recently changed organization--mine was integrated into a bigger one. Out of 3.5 staff people, I'm the only one who came over. So I'm doing the work of 2+ full time jobs. (some of the other duties have gone to people here, but not many. one was the president, so I don't have any of those responsibilities.)
November 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Mommy of Four!
Hospital: On average it's only a 2...but there are days when it's around an 8, although it's few and far between. The only reason it can be an 8 is because babies have to be asleep for me to do the hearing screen and it's impossible to catch every baby asleep, or the parents have visitors who keep baby awake for hours. It can be frustrating when you have 10 babies to screen and you can't even find one that's asleep.

Daycare: 4. The only thing frustrating about my job is that the owner doesn't pay us on time and will often withold checks, which is why I have accepted the Creme position.

Thank You Alethia for the Siggy!
November 21st, 2011, 05:35 PM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On some days it's a 2 or 3 and other days it's an 8 or 9. Our office handles child abuse and domestic violence cases so you never can tell when a case is going to come in or there's going to be a crisis of some kind. The unpredictability is hard to deal with sometimes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search