Recipe Sharing

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH was disappointed there wasn't enough of the pasta sauce to take for his lunch today which is a pretty big compliment from him! So I thought I'd share the recipe. I made it with pan seared sticky scallops that DH ate. I haven't been able to bring myself to try them. I'm not a huge seafood person, but you could totally do this with chicken. OH - and in no way is this low fat or low calorie, but it was delish.

1 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 clove of garlic minced
2 tbsp of crumbled bacon
2 tbsps of sundried tomatoes
2 tbsps of roasted red peppers sliced into strips
1 tbsp of Italian seasoning
half a cup of cream cheese
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2.5 cups of heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste (I used fleur de sel, and I think it made a big difference)

melt the butter with the olive oil in a medium to large sauce pan on high heat. Once the pan is hot and the butter is melted, turn down the heat to medium, and add the garlic. Let the garlic cook for a minute stirring frequently, and add the bacon, sundried tomatoes, peppers, italian seasoning. Let these cook for a minute or two to bring everything back up to temperature and add the cream cheese, stirring constantly. As the cream cheese melts, add the parmesan cheese. Once all is melted, and covering the vegetables, add the cream slowly, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper. Once the cream has reached temperature, turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Stirring occassionally. The sauce should thicken up on it's own quite a bit.

I served this over fettuccine noodles.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 23rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds yummy

thanks for sharing.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search