job or jobless

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
Have you always worked or did you take time out when you had your child(ren)? other then maternity leave of course.

When going back to work after a maternity leave or sah period, did things change much? did you enter then same field of emplyment?

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

November 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I worked up until the Friday before she was born (which was a week after my due date, I was induced the next Monday night and she was born Tuesday). I had 12 weeks off (well I took 13, FMLA plus a week of vacation that was previously planned) then went back to my same job. Everything at work was pretty much the same, except I had to fit pumping into my day, but that wasn't really a big deal. I feel more stressed when traffic is bad because there isn't a "I'll get home when I can" since I need to pick up DD. And of course I miss her all day. If I had my choice I'd stay home, or only work part time, but that isn't financially possible.

November 23rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in Canada, so our mat leave is a year. I'm very glad I got it.

So I worked right up til the day she was born (she was 3 weeks early), and padded my mat leave with vacation. So when I went back to work, she was almost 14 months old. I went back to the same department, and was given a new project. I had a choice between this project, and applying/interviewing for another job when I came back.

Things hadn't really changed too much though. Couple new faces, a couple org changes, but for the most part, the department still manages the same scope of work, under the same mandate it always did.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 23rd, 2011, 11:11 AM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I worked up until he was born and I went back after 9 weeks. Everything was pretty much the same when I went back.

November 23rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have worked and went back to work when the kids were only 6 weeks.

I got laid off twice before so I was home for 4 months with Breana when she was a baby and only a week with Xander.

I went back to the same job.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
I had just graduated college when Austin was born, and still working my college job at a busy convenience store. My plan was to be a SAHM after he was born, but DH's construction job at the time was really hit or miss. I went back to work at the convenience store when Austin was 7 months old, because I was borrowing money from my parents like they were an ATM. I continued to work there even after Aubrey was born. They were really flexible with my schedule, and we were able to keep the kids out of daycare while I was there. I left in Dec of 2007, worked for a year at an establishment contracted out to Comcast, then started the job I'm at now.
November 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
I worked right up until I had them all and then went back 6 weeks after all of them

November 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I worked until I had them and took about 8 weeks off for both. I went back to the same job both times.

November 28th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took 8 weeks off with my DD but was "on the bench" meaning I didn't have a project for the next 3, so it was more like 11 weeks. If there is a next time, I'm going to take 12 weeks off and see if I can come back part-time for the next 6 months. I'm not sure if I can but I'm going to ask.

November 29th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took 12 weeks off. I took off at my due date and had her a week later. I got to spend 11 weeks with her before I came back to work. I came back to the same ole job, and same ole crap going on.

Next time, I think I might try working it out to come back earlier but only be part time.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search