Dealing with fatigue at work

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 09:35 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How do you get through the day when you're exhausted?

My DD has never been a good sleeper. She's gotten to the point where she'd only wake up 2-3 times per night but then she cut 4 molars within the last week and now we're back to 5 or more times. I work 6:30-3:30 most days but today I had a 6 am meeting and some days I have 5 am meetings. Tomorrow will be my 3rd day in a row of early meetings.

So far I have coffee in the mornings, a few cups of green tea in the afternoon, try to walk around the house while I'm on the phone to wake up, and force myself to go to the gym after work because that actually gives me more energy in the long run. Any other ideas?

December 1st, 2011, 09:49 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly Mariah I think you just need some sleep...Sometimes your body is just so exhausted that sleep is the only cure. I know that's how it is for me. Considering you have been waking up more to take care of Juiliana and then with those meetings your body sounds just plain TIRED! (HUGS)) Is there anyway you can possible take a day off when the nanny is there and sleep?

December 1st, 2011, 09:54 AM
Sleep would be the preferred solution!

I am taking the last week of the year off with no plans to go anywhere, and DH will be off also, so I think I'll make him take Juliana out of the house so I can take a nice long nap. That's still a little more than 3 weeks away, though.

I have a hard time taking a nap while the nanny is here. First, because I drink so much caffeine to stay awake I'm wired until about 2:30, so I can rarely nap before then. My workday ends around 3:30 and I always have a hard time finishing everything on time, much less early. Sometimes I do take a rest where I just lay on the loveseat in my office and veg out for 10 minutes, or read a book, but I can never sleep. *Sigh*

December 1st, 2011, 10:02 AM
I'm glad to hear you have plans to take off. I so understand as well about the whole caffeine intake and being wired, because I do that myself! What normally ends up happening to me is that I run, run, and run until eventually my body can't take it and I get sick and have no choice but to stop and take rest. (( hugs))

December 1st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarrow3 View Post
I'm glad to hear you have plans to take off. I so understand as well about the whole caffeine intake and being wired, because I do that myself! What normally ends up happening to me is that I run, run, and run until eventually my body can't take it and I get sick and have no choice but to stop and take rest. (( hugs))
No, I'm paranoid about getting sick!

Juliana has only really been sick once, which I know is amazing, but she's due. DH is so busy at work I can't imagine him taking off to take care of us so I guess I'd have to let the nanny come and take care of us? That seems ... awkward.

December 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristincohen View Post
Its good that you go to the gym because it really helps rejuvenate. You might also want to consider quitting coffee because it does affect sleep.
Ha, I'm so tired I fall asleep almost the second my head hits the pillow these days! And I only wake up when my daughter or DH wakes me up. Maybe once my DD starts STTN I'm have to think about that but right now I can't get through the day without it.

Well, yesterday Juliana did me a favor by waiting until 2:00 to take her nap instead of the usual 12:30. I owed work another hour but I said screw it and took a nap with her. I slept for 2 glorious hours!! It was wonderful. However, then Juliana decided not to get to bed until 10:30. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it, too. I still feel a lot better today. I agree with Shantel, sometimes the body just needs sleep.

December 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Great to hear! I know it felt great!

December 3rd, 2011, 04:30 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is hard when you are falling asleep at your desk trying to get work done.

I just make another cup of coffee or drink a soda or take a walk.

I am glad you were able to get a nap in.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 3rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Thea Maria G's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im fatigued because im entering the 3rd trimester, some days i want to scream

31yr old Working Mama, MBA Graduate, Married Proud Mama of April Gabrielle E.
December 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea Maria G View Post
im fatigued because im entering the 3rd trimester, some days i want to scream
The worst part is that you can't rely on caffeine to get you through the day! I remember that well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search