Cubicle vs. Office

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2012, 09:40 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you have?

DO you like it or would you prefer something different?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I work from home so I finally have an office again. I much prefer an office. Cubicle days were so...well...public. And loud.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

January 4th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
An office. I worked in a cubicle at a previous job, and it was so-so. Cubicles are better for socializing with co-workers, and we each had our own so we could decorate it how we wanted. The office is much roomier and private, but it's shared with different shifts so we can't decorate it with pictures and such. I think each has it's own perks and drawbacks.
January 4th, 2012, 01:37 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have an office now. My last job I had a cubicle and I didn't like it. It was to nosey and wasn't private enough.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 4th, 2012, 02:03 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I have a cubicle. In general, it doesn't bother me too much, but an office would have been nice when I was pumping so I could have pumped while working. I had to go down the hall to a spare office. Well, I guess that could be a good thing since I got to relax and read books during that time since I couldn't do any work

January 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a cubicle and hate it!

January 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had an office (even though I shared it with someone) and it was AWESOME! We just moved buildings and now its cubesville. I HATE IT! People are really noisy and talk very loudly on their phones and I am forced to listen to their whole conversation.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

January 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an office and it's a necessity since I'm seeing clients and discussing very sensitive issues.

January 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have neither, cos i work in a salon. i just have my little section, but i love it. it is in a prime position.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

January 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Veteran
I've worked in both and actually liked each while I was there. Offices for the peace and the door you can close, and cube for talking to team members. Now I sit on a long desk with more noise and with ppl quite close to me and like it better than a cube -- there was zero privacy for phone calls in the cube environment.

Thank you Tasha Mae for my fantastic siggy!

We're due Jan 31st!!
January 9th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Mommy of Four!
I have an office, which I like. However, because of the nature of what I do, I can't close the door, which is irritating because it can get noisy when parents are picking up and dropping of their children. The only drawback, which has nothing to do with the office itself, is that my boss is very picky about how things look where things are placed, so I don't put up anything like plants or small nic-nacs...once I left my tape and stapler on my desk and she came in and moved it back to the shelf which is behind me and totally unpractical because I have to completly turn around and reach up to get my tape and stapler. The only thing I have out on my desk, that's not work related, is a picture of me and my kids.

Thank You Alethia for the Siggy!
January 9th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Veteran
Kody - That's 'very picky' alright - goodness gracious!

Thank you Tasha Mae for my fantastic siggy!

We're due Jan 31st!!
January 15th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've always had an office but now have a cube. I love it. I know I'm weird, but I've always wanted to work in a cube.
Of course it could be just that I like my co-workers and job, the cube is just a part of it.
January 16th, 2012, 10:33 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Neither. I am a RN. I set up an area for myself at the nurses' station at the beginning of my shift, but don't have a desk of my own. I spend most of my time running around anyway, I don't have much time to sit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search