How long did you take?

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2012, 08:00 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For maternity Leave?

were you ready to go back?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took a year. Yes and no. I still wish I could be a full time sahm, but I have the best of both worlds, and I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

January 5th, 2012, 11:02 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
12 weeks on FMLA, but since she was late it bumped up against a previously planned vacation so I went back to work when she was 13 weeks old.

January 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
11 weeks and no. If I ever do it again I'll take the 12 weeks FMLA and then use my vacation to either extend the leave or to come back 3-4 days per week until the vacation runs out. For me personally, I think the idea would be about 4 months completely off and then to come back part-time until about the year mark.

January 5th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
I went back to work when Austin was 7 months old. Aubrey was 3 months. The job I had at the time didn't have maternity leave so it was all unpaid. I was definitely ready to be back to work.
January 5th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I took the full 12 weeks but she was late, so it was 1 week pre-birth and 11 weeks post delivery. I was paid for some of it.

Yes/No. I was ready for adult conversation again but about a week after going back I realize I would quit in a moment to stay home with her! I dont have the same job satisifaction since coming back.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

January 6th, 2012, 12:11 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
4 months. 1 month beofre and 3 after. and i was ready. i was bored at that stage.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

January 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkystar View Post

Yes/No. I was ready for adult conversation again but about a week after going back I realize I would quit in a moment to stay home with her! I dont have the same job satisifaction since coming back.
I forgot to answer the second part, but pretty much exactly that. By the end I was a little restless at home and ready to go back. Then when I got back I realized I would much rather be at home.

January 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Breana I took only 6 weeks old, went back to work when she was 7 weeks old.

Xander I had a total of 10 weeks off 4 of those were when I was on bed rest before he was born.

I wish I could have taken longer off but could not afford it at the time.

I was ready to get back into a routine but not ready to leave them.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 6th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Veteran
Hi - Just popping in for the first time! I had 4 months, a generous work program. That felt like the right amount of time, though I was sad to go back anyway. It took a long time to adjust back to work, I started a new role when I went back and was pretty unhappy for a long time. Now though I feel like it's the best of both worlds as Becky said, and I'm able to be a better mom because I work outside the home too.

Thank you Tasha Mae for my fantastic siggy!

We're due Jan 31st!!
January 15th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Left work in May, he was born in July and I went back 2 weeks ago(January).
Glad I did it, would do it again, but also glad to be back at work.
January 16th, 2012, 09:25 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first, I went back after 6 weeks. I wasn't ready, but my leave was unpaid and we needed the money.

This time i am taking 8 weeks. I go back next week. I am ready to go back, I am going a little stir crazy being in the house with 2 kids all day.

January 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mommy of Four!
With my first two I was a SAHM so I didn't have to go back to work. With my 3rd I was in college and went back after 2wks. But it wasn't a fulltime schedule, just a few hours three days a week. With my 4th I had to find a job 1 month after she was born because my ex husband and I were divorcing and I was a SAHM prior to us splitting up...so I was forced to find work.

Thank You Alethia for the Siggy!
January 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I was off for 7 weeks with my 1st, 10 weeks with my 2nd and then 11 weeks after 3 & 4. Part of me was ready to go back, but part of me really wanted to just stay home with them.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search