Who

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
is ready for Friday? Do you have a 3-day weekend with the holiday? Anything special planned? Anything making this week feel really long?

Me! Me!!! For a couple of reasons. 1) Long week already. 2) 3 day weekend!!YAHOO!!

We were expecting Winter weather yesterday and then by tomorrow Stormy weater. Today the kids were a huge handful because of the holiday and parties this afternoon. Dh locked himself out of the house yesterday and I had to come back and give him a key. So it is the second day of the week and I've already filled up my gas tank again. I could've gotten to work tomorrow, but not home without having to get some. I normally get another full day of driving, with about the same left. So my body feels like it should be Wednesday and its only Tuesday. Plus I had to run make an extra little trip today.

I am a teacher and parent and I love 3 day weekends. It means an extra day at home with my girl and an extra day to get things done around the house!! So I am looking forward to some relaxing. This is the first long weekend I've not been itchy since the middle of December or longer. I've had hives since then and it was a drug reaction and I'd been taking its for a lot longer than mid-December. So I am planning to get my laundry and stuff done this week during the week. So I can relax during the long weekend!!

February 14th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a long weekend coming up as well and I couldn't be readier for it. Things have been super crazy at work and I really, really need a down day. I'm getting a massage on Saturday and DH and I both have the day off on Monday so we'll be going out to breakfast and either relaxing or doing something fun the rest of the day. NO housework or chores!

February 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For the first time I think, ever, I don't have it off. (college plus 12 years of working.) We had MLK off but not this one! So it's a regular weekend for me.

DS's day care is off and I think DH's office is closed; even if it's not he has to take it off! It will be a fun boy's day for them.

I have so much work to do to prepare for maternity leave (I'm at 34 weeks) that I'll spend every spare minute working. I planned to do that last weekend, but I got a stomach bug and was in bed all weekend.
February 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Jennhowru's Avatar Doin Good. And You?
Not I. I'll be working Sat, Sun, and Mon. I was off all last weekend though (which was very nice).
February 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
no long weekend for me, just a usual one. I think this is one of the holidays we "earn" but then don't use until the week after Christmas. I'd rather have that week off anyways

February 15th, 2012, 07:35 PM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so ready! But unfortunately no long weekend here either. I'm a teacher also and had conferences Monday then the parties Tuesday. Then today I has after school stuff to do. Not to mention we just moved DS onto his own room and he's waking at night again. I'm pooped!!

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
February 16th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm ready too. We also have a long weekend up here this weekend. I'm looking forward to that myself!
No big plans, just relaxing, and enjoying having DH home.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

February 17th, 2012, 07:33 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YeP I have off and excited as can be!

I will be going this weekend down to Texas for my sister's baby shower. I can't believe I am going to be an AUNTIE!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!! so excited..... Well I do have one nephew, but its my SIL son...this will be my first nephew on my side......

February 17th, 2012, 03:00 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's a long weekend for me. Billy is sick, though, so going to take it easy.
February 20th, 2012, 10:23 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The weekend couldn't come fast enough last week. But I am working today!!

I am already ready for the weekend again. I have another cold that my daughter Breana felt that she needed to share it.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wound up spending Saturday cleaning/shopping, Sunday doing laundry, and then today I got serious with my floors. Dh had to go to school and MB had spent the night with my parents Sunday night. I had the house to myself and the stuff I needed to make them shine like I did when we first moved in this house!! So I'd do a section, let it dry while I relaxed, move furniture, do a section, relax. I still need to run the vacuum in everyroom except our room.

I did relax and I enjoyed my weekend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search