Time Management

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm sure that there are posts somewhere deep in the recesses of this forum about ways of managing time better, but I honestly don't have time to dig them up and I'm struggling big lately with finding time to fit it all in and feel like I'm being successful at work, at housekeeping, at being a wife and a mom.

I swear it has to be about doing better with managing my time, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to fit it all in.

What is your typical day? How do you fit it all in? What do you deprioritize?

If it's this bad now, I keep thinking its really going to kill me when we're running Maggie to classes and extracurricular stuff too!

ahhh....please help, I'm way overwhelmed by my life!!!!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

April 16th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A typical day for me:

5:30am: wake up
shower, dress, whatever
feed cats
help older 4 (now 5 with another person staying with us) with anything they need
7:30am: wake up Sasha
get him ready
8:30am: drive younger 3 to school
9am: get to work
5:30pm: leave work
go home
either have dinner for the slow cooker that I prepared in the morning or Ash or Dita have cooked
Eat
Some housework
Sleep
April 16th, 2012, 03:04 PM
oh man...this is a hard one because i remember feeling exactly the same way that you do just a few years ago. I work full time...usually 45 hrs a week and some saturday mornings. i have twin daughters now age 9 and a DH of 14 years...he works evenings which kind of makes it tough b/c i'm a single mom during the time i pick the kids up from daycare until they go to bed. Here is my schedule....
7am wake, shower, get girls up, get dh up, DH gets the breakfast and takes them to school
730 - drive to work
530 off work, drive to daycare pick up girls
600 fix dinner - usually something on the grill or from a box...or leftovers...i cook major meals on the weekends.
630 -645 get girls in shower, go through backpacks and start homework
700 - do laundry, dishes or whatever needs done
900 kids to bed - finish folding laundry, vacuum, pick up bathroom
1030 bedtime - read my book - which i INSIST on doing even though DH wants to talk to me during that time. LOL

now...here is the key...don't think that my house is immaculate by any means. you have to learn to let some things go. I do finish up things on the weekends and i make DH run the errands but i ALWAYS have laundry laying around in baskets that sometimes i just don't have the energy to put away. don't beat yourself up if your daily chores just don't get done. it is overwhelming at times. My house is pretty clean (i.e. bathrooms disinfected and floors vacuumed and swept) but it is very neatly cluttered....:c)

also...i remember going to see my DR about this and crying my eyes out b/c i was so overwhelmed. she gave me a little "edge-smoother" to help with the anxiety that has helped A LOT...just sayin.... :c)
April 17th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah. Maybe it's still because she's little, and I have to be on top of her more than I will in a couple years even, but wow...it's like I'm afraid to even say that I need 4-5 more hours in a day...cuz truth be told, I don't think I could handle even more.

I am getting wrapped around an axel over the house stuff. I get my laundry done once a week, but sheets are only getting done every other week because I don't actually have more time to strip and remake the beds. My floors get swept in the kitchen frequently, but I'm finding less and less time to vaccuum and mop and it's starting to gross me out. It's not really that bad, but when you have OCD tendencies, it's heart breaking. By the time I get the bathrooms all cleaned, it's time to do them again. I'm starting to feel lucky that I get my dishes done and dinner on the table every night.

I do have anxiety meds that would definitely take the edge off but they knock me out - and so that means my panic attacks have to wait until Maggie goes to bed. LOL. Now that's sad...when you can't even allow your panic attacks to do their thing!

DH helped with dishes last night which gave me a bit more time with Maggie and gave me a bit more time to decompress. That was a huge help!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

April 18th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
4:15-Get up and go for a run
5:15-Shower, coffee, get Collin up
6:45-Leave for daycare and work
4:00-Leave work, pickup Collin
5:00-Dinner, playtime, etc.
7:30-Put Collin to bed
7:30-8:30-Watch TV and relax with DH

We cook a big meal on the weekend to have for dinner after work during the week. It's great to have it ready and just heat it up when we come home. If we had to cook dinner every night, we would have pretty much no time to relax and play with Collin. I always keep the kitchen tidy but we do the rest of the cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping, laundry, bathrooms) on Sat. mornings. I only wash our sheets every 2 weeks too and I only give the bathrooms a real good cleaning every 2 weeks as well. This system works pretty well for us.

April 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes it does seem like I can't fit everything in and my weekends are so jammed packed right now with soccer.

5:45 wake up and shower and get dressed
6:00 wake up Breana let her watch cartoons for a little bit while I do my hair, brus my teeth etc.
6:30 she goes potty and gets dressed while I get Xander up
we are out of the house by 7 on the way to day care
8:00 I work
5:00 leave work and pick up kids.
5:45 home and DH has dinner cooked and ready to eat
7-8 play time/bath time
8 bedtime for the kids.
I am in bed by 9:30 at teh latest.

I also fit in some housework in between the playtime and bath time.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 27th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Regular
You could try structured procrastination. When you look it up you'll see that it's called that because it's all about planning for the fact that no one works constantly. It works really well for me, actually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search