Keeping in Touch

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you like to do Skype or Facetime?

Do you have family that is far away?

How do you stay in touch?

Do you email, text, or use facebook to stay in touch with far away family?

How do you help your children stay in touch with those far away?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 16th, 2012, 06:06 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you like to do Skype or Facetime? Not really, sometimes we will face time my mom so the kids can talk to her.

Do you have family that is far away? the grandparents are only an hour away

How do you stay in touch? we see each other on Sundays and the extended on holidays and kids bday parties

Do you email, text, or use facebook to stay in touch with far away family? I use Facebook mainly

How do you help your children stay in touch with those far away? we don't have any that are real far away.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Kristin32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All of our family lives across the country with the exception of my in-laws who are 2 hrs away. My parents are very tech savvy so we don't do Skype, Facebook, texting or face time. Usually it's just email or phone calls. It's difficult to stay in touch with my side of the family. Collin has no clue who his cousins or aunts/uncles are.

August 28th, 2012, 10:58 AM
spartyguard's Avatar Veteran
Do you like to do Skype or Facetime?
We do both, DD Facetimes with my mom a couple times a week and we usually Skype with my youngest sister once a week or so.

Do you have family that is far away?
Yes, our parents, SIL and my youngest sister are in Michigan where we are from. My other sister and her family is in Pennsylvania.

How do you stay in touch?
I talk to my mom on the phone a couple of times a week. All but my mom is on Facebook so we keep in touch there. We Skype, Facetime, text. We also have a walkie talkie app on our phones so we can leave each other quick little voice messages.

Do you email, text, or use facebook to stay in touch with far away family?
Yep, all of those

How do you help your children stay in touch with those far away?
She knows how to call Grandma and my sisters. She knows how to turn Facetime on. She also knows how to use our walkie talkie app. It's a little tough to get her to pay attention to Skype for very long so that's tough.

August 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't use skype or facetime - we do it the old fashioned way and set aside time for visits. My inlaws are 3 hours away and we make an effort to visit (either way) at least on major holidays, and 2 or 3 more times each year. And we call on the phone often.

My parents and grandma are only half an hour away, so we see and talk to them daily.

Extended family we see at reunions once per year...my brother is also 2 hours away, and we see him as often as possible, but not as often as I'd like.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search