Competing with other moms

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ever feel like there's a silent competition between the moms at daycare or other moms who stay at home?

I work from home, so I am lucky and I don't have to get all dolled up for my day job, BUT, I often feel like when I drop Maggie off at preschool, some of the other moms who are all dolled up and are obviously taking care of themselves are maybe judging me. And then I wonder how in the heck they have time to maintain themselves, when even while working from home, I'm struggling to keep my roots coloured, and my hair trimmed.

don't even ask me when the last time was that I wore makeup. Somedays I feel like I'm missing some nugget of wisdom that would help me stop the clock from ticking while I whisked around and did all the "me" stuff. At the end of the day, I'm probably the only one judging me, but still...

Do you feel like you're stacking up with the other mom's out there? Do you even worry about this kind of stuff?

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

August 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I do feel like there is some competition. Even with my "mom friends". I have a few who have the same number of kids as me and work and stay fit and trim and work out at night..PLEASE! I barely get my face washed before I fall into bed. I count down the minutes till bed time most nights..I feel horrible because I don't get home till 6 with the kids from the babysitter and then they go to bed 9 and I'm so tired..I just want bedtime to come..
August 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also think there is some competition out there.

But I don't worry about any of it. I don't wear make up at all. I don't know how everyone has the time to.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 24th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Veteran
Actually, one of the reasons I picked the mommy group I did, which became the same place my son went to most of his classes and will now go to preschool, is exactly because I felt no competition, and the moms felt just like me - professional but mature and too busy to worry about getting dolled up for mommy-and-me class!

I have to manage stress as it is for my work -- not going to bring any of that into my personal life!!

Thank you Tasha Mae for my fantastic siggy!

We're due Jan 31st!!
August 27th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually dont feel that way at all when it comes to daycare. I pick up in the afternoon, and I dont think anyone looks twice at what I am wearing. Or that I dont have make up on (I dont wear make up). I am generally dressed in slacks and a nice top and sporting my AWESOME flip flops!

Thats not to say I dont feel judgement as a mom!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search