daycare versus inhome care

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi my name is Terri and I am a working mom for a 3 yr old boy and little girl who will be 2 in January. I have them at a home care place (not my home) where they each have someone their own age, but that is it. Just 2 other kids besides mine with an older couple that are friends of my inlaws. Well I just got the opportunity to put them both in a daycare facility that offers a 3 yr old preschool. They always have a long waiting list and I have been trying to get my 3 yr old in there since he was born..literally I went on the waiting list when I was 6 months pregnant. They have called a few times but never had spots for both kids. Now they do and I have to make the choice. They love where they are but I feel like they need time apart from eachother and with more kids their age, plus the learning for Cole (3 yr old).

If you had a choice would you do daycare center or home daycare in someone elses house?

I am so torn and don't know what to do. I have wanted them in the center for so long but there are pros and cons to both..
October 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM
JeanZ's Avatar Member
I personally like both because of the different age stages. My oldest was in homecare from 6 months- 2 years old then I put her in preschool/daycare. She learned a lot by socializing with other kids and even learned to write her own name!!! The teachers were great and they cooked warm meals everyday! So depending on what fits your lifestyle, I'd say why not? You've been waiting for a long time to get them in so try it out. If I doesn't work then go back to homecare. Good luck and keep me posted
October 11th, 2012, 05:17 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for your response. That is a good point. I can try it out and if it doesn't work out, then we will just go back to inhome. I think we are going to give it a shot. Thanks again!
October 11th, 2012, 12:18 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have had my 2 kids in an in home daycare someone else's home and I LOVE it.

They have 3 kids of their own and my kids are fine and get to play with them.

Breana was in a center when she was a baby and it was OK but pricey and she was separated form the other kids. Always in a bouncy seat or swing which then delayed her from rolling over etc.

I prefer an in home daycare.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

October 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM
JeanZ's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLF
Thanks for your response. That is a good point. I can try it out and if it doesn't work out, then we will just go back to inhome. I think we are going to give it a shot. Thanks again!
You're welcome
October 11th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I prefer dayhomes, all of my friends who have kids in daycares always have sick kidlets, they can socialize once they hit school, I prefer to keep them fever and virus-"free-er". Even better is my in home provider I've got now, thats the cat's meow--I've done a dayhome before but I much rather have someone come to my house

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search