undoing bad behaviours

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2012, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So,
When Maggie started preschool, she was extremely polite, and pleasant to be around. Happy all the time.

She's still happy all the time, and polite as often as possible, but she's hooked up with a bad seed, and I can already see the negative affects of this other little tyrant's influence.

I know that my daughter is 2, and she's already going through her own "independence" surge. But I find myself often dealing with hearing "I want it NOW" instead of her normal "Please may I have this", and when she doesn't like something be it when I've said "No", "not right now", or "please give me a moment", she sticks out her tongue and spits as if it tastes bad in her mouth.

I've used time out, corrected her behaviour as often as she's used it, and even spoken to the school about making sure she's being polite and riding her hard on it. But still this other little sicko is corrupting my child. She's the only one Maggie seems really attached to too. Which makes it so much harder.

How do I uncorrupt my 2 year old, without reaching out to the other mother and creating a bigger issue?

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 7th, 2012, 02:31 PM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't have any suggestions and wanted to say good luck and I hope someone has some suggestions so I can hear them too...My kids just started at a daycare and this hasn't happened yet..but..It may....
November 8th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I posted this in another thread, and someone mentioned the book "Little Miss Manners". I have to go hunting to find it, but remembered it from when I was a kid.

I'm also just staying consistent at home. Wish I could go in and correct the other little girl, but I guess that's how all parents feel about some other kid too. Fun Wow!

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

November 14th, 2012, 05:16 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck...

I know my kids have adapted their behaviors from other kids that they see in school.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 15th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah - I know. I don't want to be the mom who goes around telling other parents how rotten their kids are...And she's going to have to learn what's appropriate in different situatons. So I'm sucking it up and keeping consistent at home.

Guess this is what they mean when they say "the fun has just begun" huh?

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search