Going Back to Work after Baby #2

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2012, 04:42 PM
PiXeYstyx's Avatar Veteran
I go back to work tomorrow after being out since September 8th having DD2. It's going to be hard. I really enjoy the SAHM life I was living. But we can't afford for me to not go back so off to work I go.
I do find it weird this time around though, I remember with DD1 being excited to go back to work and this time I'm dreading it. How do you ladies cope with being a working mom to 2+ kids? I think my issue is feeling pressed for time and not feeling like I'll get time to do anything that needs to get done bc I'll either be working or tending to the kids. I know I'm all over the place with my post but I feel jumbled about the whole thing.

December 3rd, 2012, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I only have one kid, and my job is pretty flexible, but I understand feeling flustered and not feeling 100% back in the game for a return to work.

All I can offer is virtual hugs, and remind you that after a while it becomes routine and starts to "fit" just like staying at home did. It just takes a while longer when it's not your preference.

Check out my BLOGS
Making Lemonade
MonkeyPieForTheWin

December 4th, 2012, 09:32 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))). i only have 1 kid but i remember feeling flustered when i first went back.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

December 4th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just had my third and am going to be headed back to work next month... I'm really not looking forward to going back, but like you there isn't another option.

I remember going back after #2 & feeling overwhelmed! I was (and still am) a single mom and it just seemed like nothing was ever done the way I wanted... Little by little I learned that nothing will ever be the same. It's impossible to keep up with everything. I tried to always keep one of my days off where I did no housework, errands, or anything and just spent the day with the kids... I also made sure to do one special thing a night with each of them, like play cars or dolls) even if only for 15 minutes each. That was in addition to bath/book time...

Good luck! I know it's hard.

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

December 6th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Brandy Luing Send a message via Skype™ to Brandy Luing
Ladies have you ever looked into finding something that you can do from home. I was in your shoes about 6 years ago and I went on a long hard search,becuase I did not want to leave baby # 4 I miss all the others kids milestone and I didn't want to miss this one. I can tell you I am so happy that I went on this long search to find somehting that allows me to stay home with all 5 of my kids and I can honeslty say I have been doing this for 6 years now. I would love to help you do research if that is what you want just let me know

WORK AT HOME UNITED
BRANDY LUING
DIRECTOR VII
TAYLOR, DEVIN, JESSE JR, BROOKE, AND EASTON

www.workathomeunited.com/brandy
December 6th, 2012, 10:30 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck I hope it went well..

I was ready with DD1 but whend DS came around I wanted to stay home but we couldn't afford it.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

December 7th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy Luing View Post
Ladies have you ever looked into finding something that you can do from home. I was in your shoes about 6 years ago and I went on a long hard search,becuase I did not want to leave baby # 4 I miss all the others kids milestone and I didn't want to miss this one. I can tell you I am so happy that I went on this long search to find somehting that allows me to stay home with all 5 of my kids and I can honeslty say I have been doing this for 6 years now. I would love to help you do research if that is what you want just let me know
I thought about it, but in my state the work from home jobs would never offer the same pay & I need to be able to cover my bills. I need to make at least $30/HR to cover everything.

I'm glad you were able to find something that worked for you...

Thank you Katie (.:Shortcake:.) for my beautiful siggy!!

December 10th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was excited to go back after dd (my first) but really hated working after about 1 week. I have settled into the fact that I will always have to work. I would never make the same pay I make and being the major breadwinner my pay is VERY important to our family's survival.

I am settling into the fact that at least dh will be home with the girls after #2. He will become a SAHD and I will continue to work.

All I have is HUGS!

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search