How to afford baby #2

Forum: Working Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Working Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM
Regular
So I am so wanting to ttc again. Right now I have a 2.5 year old son and would love to try for #2. But I want to be able do it responsibly. Right now my son is watched by my mother in law during the day while ny husband and i are at work so we really dont have a daycare bill. In the fall he will be starting daycare and we will have enough to pay for that, now if we have another I really dont wanna have mother in law watch the baby. Id prefer to have the baby in a daycare place, but idk if we can afford that in addition to the daycare for my son. How do people do it? I cant afford to bc a stay at home mom or i would do that in a heart beat and i have done a budget which is how we will be able to afford daycare for my son...after that we will be doing it paycheck to paycheck. i am really bummed and dont wanna wait too much longer bc i dont want to much of an age gap. lately i have been trying to find higher paid job or a part time job to be bale to afford baby #2. my husband also works fulltime and already has overtime coming in so i feel like we have exhausted most options.
April 8th, 2014, 08:34 AM
rachelc0's Avatar TTC a Rainbow
if you want to go about it responsibly, then ask the daycare what they charge for a newborn (some places its higher, some places its not) and add that to what you would be paying for your toddler. if you can't afford that, the most responsible thing is to wait, as hard as that is. also you would want to talk to your MIL about watching the baby before assuming she would, if you chose that route. new babies are always fun and exciting, but if you can avoid the financial strain on yourself, that is ideal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search