TTC with IUI and Injectables

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CD5: Doctors appointment.....Went in for a baseline ultrasound in the office. They checked to see what the lining of the uterus looks like and see how my ovaries look. Lining was 5.8 she said the ovaries looked *pretty* I then was taken back to see a nurse who gave me the run down on the meds. I am on 2 (75 IU) vials of Menopur a day until CD8. The nurse showed me how to mix the shot and I closed my eyes when she gave it. Dave will be doing this part. I decided my thigh was the best place. I just can't imagine getting a shot in my stomach. It really didn't hurt much at all. After that she let me ask questions about the meds and the cycle in general.

I was given a lab slip to have blood drawn to check my estrogen levels. I have to repeat that on CD8 to see how I am responding to the meds.

About a half hour to an hour after the shot I felt dead tired and a little *off*. Kinda like my head was in a fog. It wore off after a couple hours. I am not sure if it was related to the meds or not. From now on the meds will be done at night though so even if the shots make me sleepy for a bit, at least it will be bed time!

CD6: Dave gave me the first shot at home! I mixed the meds and then held my breath while he was doing the needle part. I was sooo worried he wasn't going to be able to go through with it. He did great ...and I think the bugger enjoyed it. The meds still are making me sleepy and I have dry mouth all the time. BD at night

CD7: Today I am really sleepy and feel like I have very toned down mild o type pain mixed with little flutters. It may all be in my head, so who knows. I am also still very thirsty. Shot time is 10pm!

CD8
Bloodwork day! Shots are still making me sooo sleepy and in a fog.

CD9 Bloodwork came back at (Estrogen?) 83. They are upping me to 3 75IU vials a day.... starting tonight. Watery CM.

CD10
Shot at night. Feeling lots of O type cramps. OPK still almost totally white. EWCM

CD11 I am now out of free meds and am paying out of pocket. UGH. The doctors office sold me Bravelle at $40 a vial. At three vials a day, I am injecting $120 a night into my leg. I have bought enough for tomorrow and Tuesday. I do my bloodwork again tomorrow. I now feel like I am sleepwalking. This stuff just wears me out. I still have EWCM but very negative OPK's. I had a partial fern today on the saliva scope.

CD12: Can I be done yet? I HATE needles and am getting sooo tired of them I tried *freezing* the spot where the needle was going to be. Well, it worked great for the actual shot. It hurt about half as much as normal, but after... it stung like heck. GRR Can't win! I went for bloodwork today too. That hurt too. I am sooo done with these stinkin' needles. Anyhow... my temp jumped today, which concerned me. I still have EWCM too, and cervix felt high-soft-open for a second. I checked again later and it felt high and medium firm. I talked to a friend at work who went through this. She said she had all the signs of O too, and was worried that she was Oing early too, but the Doctor (same as mine) said that was normal and just shows that the meds are working. I can't wait to see what the bloodwork comes back as. Oh and I got my trigger HCG shot from Fed-Ex today. It was $36. Not too bad!

CD13: Estrogen came back as 381. They brought me in for an ultrasound. I have one follicle on each ovary both around 15mm. My lining was 16mm. They told me to do another injection tonight.

CD14 Today was the trigger HCG shot. It didn't hurt at all! That was my last needle. Tomorrow is IUI..... finally!!!!

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search