IUI with Clomid .. SUCCESS times TWO!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2008, 10:22 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
There was a time I thought I would never be a mother, so I just wanted to post my success story and give hope to others! I know I used to read the success stories and it was the one thing that gave me hope to go on. If I could give hope to one person, I would be so happy

DH and I started TTC May of 2006. To our surprise, we got pg that first cycle. I carried the baby until I was 9 weeks pg when all of a sudden I started spotting brown and it turned to bright red. After a trip to the ER, it was confirmed our little one was no longer with us. I was completely devastated.

About 3 months later I got pg again only to have a chemical pg. Two months later I was once again pg only to start spotting brown once again at 5 weeks and lost the baby. After three miscarriages, I was at a loss as to what was going on. I went in to talk with my OB and he referred me to my RE. I met with the RE who did a number of tests on me and said the only thing he could find was that I had a low egg count for my age. It seemed I was ovulating "bad" eggs and was destined to miscarry. That same month of seeing the RE, we conceived on our own once again. The RE followed me closely until my 10 week appt when an u/s confirmed there was no longer a h/b. After a D&C (my first, as the first 3 miscarriages happened naturally) we learned our little girl had trisomy 15 and was never going to make it.

Four miscarriages total, my RE suggested we no longer TTC on our own without medical assistance. He said my eggs were going bad and that my best option was IVF with a two egg retrieval cycle since I didn't have that many eggs. I thought this was pretty invasive, so I asked if I could just start with Clomid in trying to produce more eggs and he said it would never work for me. He said Clomid "was not strong enough for me".

DH and I didn't feel we needed to go straight to IVF, so we got a second opinion. Upon seeing our new RE, he stated I in fact did not have a low egg count and that DH and I were perfectly fine - we were just having BAD luck. I was outraged with my old RE. My new RE suggested three rounds of Clomid at 50 mg to help create a better hormone environment for the egg, and in return I would hopefully ovulate a GOOD egg.

For 3 months I took Clomid and we tried on our own with timed intercourse. I never got pg. The fourth month I stayed on 50 mg Clomid but we decided to do an IUI.

SUCCESS!!!!! The fourth round of Clomid worked. It worked so well, I learned I was pg with twins.

Two years and one day to the date DH and I started TTC, I gave birth to our miracle twin baby girls. I never imagined I would be a mother to twins when I continued miscarrying. And I guess that first RE was REALLY wrong, because Clomid DEFINITELY worked for me!!

There were times I wanted to give up all hope, and I'm so thankful I didn't. Motherhood is absolutely amazing, and my girls are worth all the heartache it took to get them.

Don't ever give up!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
May 22nd, 2008, 08:55 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This story is beautiful as are your girls. Thank you for your inspiring words. I personally had a pretty easy time conceiving my DS 2 years ago - compared to what alot of women go through, but am already a bit frustrated with TTC number two - went off BCP on March 3rd and not even one AF yet - so I love hearing these kinds of success stories. Thank you!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

May 3rd, 2010, 02:24 PM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This story just brought tears to my eyes. I'm going the the same thing right now, having just had my 5th mc, there are days where i am close to giving up. I am in the midst of my 1st cycle of clomid now, waiting to see my bfp. I cannot tell you how great reading this has made me feel. Thank you for sharing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search